Best Closing Song on a BS Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Closing Song on a BS Album

OK, it's only natural, we have the best opener(s), what's the best closer song(s)?!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Undoubtedly, Fairies Wear Boots from Paranoid.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Sabbath album closers are legendary... this is going to be good... personal fav's... Fairies WB's, Into The Void, Under The Sun, Spiral Architek, Dirty Women, H&H, Over and Over.... basically every album except NSD... and the first but only because Warning is like 1/3 of the whole album....but it's great. Oops. forgot the Writ...
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

I would say it's a tie between Under The Sun and Spiral Architect
        "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

I was going to answer Fairies... almost without thinking, and then I did think and suddenly remembered Spiral... too, I can't choose between those for the Ozzy era. From the Dio albums it is Over and Over, but I do like Lonely Is The Word and Buried Alive (yes! I'm the one!). I'll have to think about the Martin albums though.
          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

The first one that came to my mind was Dirty Women. I have always had a massive soft spot for this tune about a guy with a massive hard spot!!
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Blow on a jug....!! No I wote for The Writ !

Comment

If I were to pick a TM eras, it would be Kiss Of Death... and I mistakenly mentioned H&H the song, but it's Lonley Is The Word...I gotta go with Spiral... lyrically, it takes them from their beginning as men to looking down as God Himself... to see that all is good! Lonely ITW and Over And Over are so close I have to go overtime on that one!
                R. Blackmore

Comment

Over and Over and Lonely is the word. No competition there!

Comment

Gotte be a tie between Warning and Into the Void. Over and Over and Lonely is the Word are great too.
                    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

This is the easiest thing in the world to say.

LONELY IS THE WORD wins this hands down...there isn't even a competition...nothing else comes close. That song is just pure perfection and Tony's soloing on it is without a doubt his best work EVER.

Comment

hard to choose between Lonely is the World , Eternal Idol and Nightwing but also Fairies Wear Boots , Into the Void , Under the Sun / Every Day Comes and Goes , Spiral Architect .

So tie with Eternal Idol and Lonely is the World .

Comment

Again, just a bevy of brilliant closing tunes to choose from.

After swinging to and fro between seven cool closers, I choose Spiral Architect.

Lonely Is the Word is the stand-out from the Dio era.
                          "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Yea I picked Spiral myself and after going into OT, overtime, I'm going with LITW (Dio era), it is Iommi's best solo and the song is kick ass as well as dramatic and dripping with emotion....

Anyone for " Swinging The Chain"
                            R. Blackmore

Comment

^^ I quite like Swinging The Chain, it's not in the running for the "best closing song", but they've done a lot worse.
                              My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X