Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbath are the number 1 for me. Always have been. My fave band forever. Same with my football team. The memories are there too. Of course i like a few other bands. Such as Maiden. I like them a bit more than say, Zep and Metallica. But Sabbath are waaaaay ahead of anybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
      The third time I saw them live was on this tour. Makin' me feel old. You were 16 watching this video and I was at the show, OUCH. I'm sitting here watching the whole video and one thing I noticed is that they seemed to key up on Snowblind which made it more difficult for Ozzy to sing. And Never Say Die is very cool. Quite a different setlist from "13" or "The End".
      Very good set list, I was hoping that for the 13 Tour that I attended they'd play Never Say Die! as they were using the Pilot image for that tour, and how Ironic it would've been for them to play that song after 35 years they released an album with Ozzy, never say die indeed.

Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
      Sabbath are the number 1 for me. Always have been. My fave band forever. Same with my football team. The memories are there too. Of course i like a few other bands. Such as Maiden. I like them a bit more than say, Zep and Metallica. But Sabbath are waaaaay ahead of anybody else.
      Thanks for posting, they're my favorite all time band as well always have been always will be.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Pretty good Sabbath Documentary, It says part 1, I couldn't find part 2:
        Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 12-25-2018, 08:16 AM.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• This is my 10,000th post, wow! How long it's been since I first came on this forum, looking for like minded Sabbath fans.

So many members have come and gone, so many friendships forged on this here forum, 5 of who I'd like to mention by name, Sin Cardinal Sin, you can't have or ask for a better friend and true brother, Doctor John Sabbath PhD & MD, for all of your Sabbath knowledge and ailments and fixes, , Ronn a Sabbath stalwart, and Maestro, my North of the Border Sabbath Comrade.

Maestro hope you are okay buddy, haven't heard from you in awhile.

A sad mention to a sad departure of a man who left this forum unwillingly through an unfortunate time here on the forum where many friendships were lost, due to disagreements many of us had, a most unfortunate time on this forum, this man who deserves an HONORABLE mention, who is no longer on this Earth with us, but will most certainly never be forgotten, never! Brother I think of you often and am saddened by your departure, both on this forum and on God's green Earth, Ola, aka Billy Underdog, love you brother, forever and always. R.I.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            This is my 10,000th post, wow! How long it's been since I first came on this forum, looking for like minded Sabbath fans.

So many members have come and gone, so many friendships forged on this here forum, 5 of who I'd like to mention by name, Sin Cardinal Sin, you can't have or ask for a better friend and true brother, Doctor John Sabbath PhD & MD, for all of your Sabbath knowledge and ailments and fixes, , Ronn a Sabbath stalwart, and Maestro, my North of the Border Sabbath Comrade.

A sad mention to a sad departure of a man who left this forum unwillingly through an unfortunate time here on the forum where many friendships were lost, due to disagreements many of us had, a most unfortunate time on this forum, this man who deserves an HONORABLE mention, who is no longer on this Earth with us, but will most certainly never be forgotten, never! Brother I think of you often and am saddened by your departure, both on this forum and on God's green Earth, Ola, aka Billy Underdog, love you brother, forever and always. R.I.P.
            Respect you straight up , top of the line - Sabbath friggin maniac!

Comment

This is my 10,000th post, wow! How long it's been since I first came on this forum, looking for like minded Sabbath fans.
              Congrats OID. Although I've been a Member of these Forums since 2007 I don't know if I'll ever come close to your post count. Talk about dedication to Sabbath!

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                Respect you straight up , top of the line - Sabbath friggin maniac!
                Doc, thank you, respect back, because of this forum I met you, I'm thankful for that!

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
                Congrats OID. Although I've been a Member of these Forums since 2007 I don't know if I'll ever come close to your post count. Talk about dedication to Sabbath!

Ted
                Thank you for your kind words Ted, I'm very dedicated when it comes to Sabbath, like Doc said, I'm a Sabbath friggin maniac.
                Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 07-29-2019, 09:11 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• You've stayed the course, OID. Congratulations on your 10,000th post and all the best to you!

Comment

• I feel exactly the same as OP except that my version also includes The Beatles. Outside of these two bands, it's not about the entire catalogue but individual songs. I used to include Led Zeppelin, called it the "Holy Trinity" but for me LZ wears thin, tries my patience.

Sabbath and Beatles never do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      You've stayed the course, OID. Congratulations on your 10,000th post and all the best to you!
                      Thank you Sweet, it's been a pleasure being here.

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                      I feel exactly the same as OP except that my version also includes The Beatles. Outside of these two bands, it's not about the entire catalogue but individual songs. I used to include Led Zeppelin, called it the "Holy Trinity" but for me LZ wears thin, tries my patience.Sabbath and Beatles never do that.
                      It's funny you mention the Beatles William, I was listening to them practically all day yesterday, love the Beatles as well and Zeppelin, Zep never wears thin for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                        I feel exactly the same as OP except that my version also includes The Beatles. Outside of these two bands, it's not about the entire catalogue but individual songs. I used to include Led Zeppelin, called it the "Holy Trinity" but for me LZ wears thin, tries my patience.

Sabbath and Beatles never do that.
                        I think Stones was better than Beatles. Rolling stones albums was more solid than Beatles albums was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
                          I think Stones was better than Beatles. Rolling stones albums was more solid than Beatles albums was.
                          Kenny , outside of Sabbath , no artist can hold a candle to The Beatles ,,, bands like Zep (who are on an entirely different stratosphere than the Stones) and the Stones , neither should even be mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles ,, where an album like Rubber Soul or a debut like Please Please Me are so far and superior to Zeps entire career , it only takes one Beatles track , any track for that matter , from any of the 13 UK releases , to do the same to the Stones .....

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                            Kenny , outside of Sabbath , no artist can hold a candle to The Beatles ,,, bands like Zep (who are on an entirely different stratosphere than the Stones) and the Stones , neither should even be mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles ,, where an album like Rubber Soul or a debut like Please Please Me are so far and superior to Zeps entire career , it only takes one Beatles track , any track for that matter , from any of the 13 UK releases , to do the same to the Stones .....
                            On my list Beatles is pretty low. Zeppelin,Stones and Sabbath are of course higher on it than the Beatles.
                            Last edited by Kennyz; 07-31-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

YoY YoY YoY

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                                YoY YoY YoY
                                Ronn you are Black Sabbath!!! (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X