No announcement yet.

Black Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I have hugely loved Black Sabbath--and still do (i.e. overwhelmingly the Ozzy-era), I honestly cannot say that I've ever felt BS were my favourite, much less anything like my #1 band. For too long now, I have listened to and loved countless rock/metal (and other genre) bands, to realistically settle on a stand-alone, all-time favourite. And to be totally honest, I'm sure I like tons of bands more than I do Sabbath. Which is saying a whole lot actually, since I know how Sabbath remains an extraordinary, enduring passion of mine. That said, if push came to shove, and if forced to name just one band that continues to have a very distinct, almost peerless place in my heart, it has to be Van Halen.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
      As much as I have hugely loved Black Sabbath--and still do (i.e. overwhelmingly the Ozzy-era), I honestly cannot say that I've ever felt BS were my favourite, much less anything like my #1 band. For too long now, I have listened to and loved countless rock/metal (and other genre) bands, to realistically settle on a stand-alone, all-time favourite. And to be totally honest, I'm sure I like tons of bands more than I do Sabbath. Which is saying a whole lot actually, since I know how Sabbath remains an extraordinary, enduring passion of mine. That said, if push came to shove, and if forced to name just one band that continues to have a very distinct, almost peerless place in my heart, it has to be Van Halen.
      You're a good guy RLP4ever, keep true to your band brother, kudos to you for doing so!

I like loyal fans, that's the way it should be and says a lot about a man.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I know this feeling. Sabbath is the benchmark to me, so every time I try to listen to other bands, I end listening to a Sabbath song or an entire album.
        Do you see a vision of a perfect place? Does it make you laugh, put a smile on your face?

Comment

For me listening to sabbath is like putting on a pair of really comfy slippers.

Sure I may buy fancy shoes or trainers from time to time but nothing beats the comfy slippers!
          Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
            I'm more on the train with OID. I'm 33 now. Since I was about 11 or 12 years old its been all OZZY all the time for me. Solo or Sabbath, it didn't matter as long as Ozzy was on it. I have a personal connection that I can't explain.

Doesn't mean I don't love other artist. I listen to all styles of music. But Listening to Ozzy's voice is like coming home for me.
            I know exactly what ya mean, ever since I heard my friends older brother's copy of Master of Reality back in 1979 I've always loved Ozzy's voice, and I've bought everything he's ever recorded, solo or Sabbath, I find it hard to explain really, its just a connection I get. Don't get me wrong I love other bands but nothing compares to Ozzy in my eyes.
            First time I saw him live was in October 1980 in my hometown in Hull, and I've seen him at least once on every UK Tour he's done since, usually travelling far and wide, as well as a good few festival appearances, sometimes he's been great and other times he's been crap but I always come back for more 'cos his music has always given me more pleasure than any other artist.
            I remember when I met my then future wife back in 1994 and I was explaining to her my love of Ozzy and how many times I'd seen him, and all my collection of albums, cd's, video's, bootlegs, etc and she just didnt get it, and she still doesnt haha. I remember getting my ticket for the 1995 Ozzmosis (Retirement Sucks) Tour and she was saying "Youve seen him loads of times why do ya wanna see him again" and I was like "Well he's getting older now and this might be the last time I get to see him live" haha I'm still saying that to her nearly 20yrs later. Since then I've seen him either solo or with Sabbath in '96, '97, '98, 99, '01, '02, '05, '07' '10, and '12 and due to see him and Sabbath in December, its a standing joke in our house now when I come out with the same lines every couple of years when he tours haha.
            There's no-one like him out there, and when the day comes that he's no longer with us, well, it doesnt bear thinking about, I just hope thats a long way off.
            Do you believe a word what the good book says?
            Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

For me, Ozzy era Black Sabbath has always been #1, with Ozzy solo my #2. I also like other bands, but I play Black Sabbath the loudest. I heard Into the Void on the way to work this morning on Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius/XM radio. That is a great way to start the day!

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                For me, Ozzy era Black Sabbath has always been #1, with Ozzy solo my #2. I also like other bands, but I play Black Sabbath the loudest. I heard Into the Void on the way to work this morning on Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius/XM radio. That is a great way to start the day!
                The original Sabbath has always been number one with me and always will be, Sabbath sometimes is like a time machine to me, it takes me back to places and moments in my past, as does Ozzy solo.

Dio/Sabbath continues that romance, and the Gillan/Sabbath album adds to the affair, how special this band and their music is to me, no one will truly ever know and understand, some on here might, but the people around me never will.

When I use the word love with Black Sabbath, I mean it in every sense of the word and what it signifies, love that I feel in my heart. Like when I saw Sabbath this past August, I was just so filled with emotion, like one feels when he sees a loved one he hasn't seen in awhile.

Call me crazy, but that is Black Sabbath to me, a dear and loved one.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

At one time B.S. and the guys solo stuff was my one and only. But as time came around the band Blackfoot gives B.S. and things a good 2nd runner up.
                  Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

When I was a kid Sabbath was all I listened to, when I was about 8 to 12. Obviously got into other bands but they re the one I always come back to!

Comment

Originally posted by spreadshiswings View Post
                      When I was a kid Sabbath was all I listened to, when I was about 8 to 12. Obviously got into other bands but they re the one I always come back to!
                      I love reading comments like this, Black Sabbath is special to a lot of people.

Comment

My mates were into Blur and Oasis who were big at the time, but I used to take my 3 pound a week pocket money and head into town on a weekend with my mum and could usually get one vinyl a week, or save up for 2 weeks to get a more expensive one. These days, kids can listen to any song they want whenever they want in a click. I think it was better to maybe have to save up and wait for it. It was more exciting then.

Comment

My mates were into Blur and Oasis who were big at the time, but I used to take my 3 pound a week pocket money and head into town on a weekend with my mum and could usually get one vinyl a week, or save up for 2 weeks to get a more expensive one. These days, kids can listen to any song they want whenever they want in a click. I think it was better to maybe have to save up and wait for it. It was more exciting then.
                          It sure was! Twice a month I took the bus downtown, and bought myself a record or two. The 1 hour bus ride home was spent looking at album covers and anticipating the drop of the needle. Great times, and great memories.
                          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

I think it was better to maybe have to save up and wait for it. It was more exciting then.
                            That's how I did, saved my money from the part-time I had at a Pizza Parlor, I worked at after school, though I didn't have a turntable, so I bought cassettes.

It was exciting every week going to buy a Sabbath record, every record was like wow, how did these guys come up with this music, I was 16 back in 1986, and Sabbath's record was released when I was born, I was in love with Sabbath and Ozzy, to this very day I have those same feelings.

Crazy isn't it?

Man the memories are great, feels like yesterday.

Comment

Been listening to a lot of Dio/Sabbath lately, and it's so phenomenal. Dio was a presence and a entity in Sabbath, he reflected so much of his talent and aura upon the band when he was in it, from Heaven And Hell, to The Devil You Know, he just had so much to offer and did.

The man along with Tony, Geezer, Bill and Vinnie was a genius.

Comment

How special is this band of ours? I get up every morning especially on the weekends when I have more time, to sit at my computer, and read and write about this great band, the only band that has ever had such a positive and emotional effect on me.

I love reading what others think and feel about this great band of ours, whatever your era preference, Black Sabbath is Black Sabbath, and that makes it very special and one of a kind.

Just thought I'd share that with our readers and members on this great forum, Joe provides for us, I get filled with that much happiness and inspiration when talking and discussing Sabbath, that I must let everyone know.

Comment

Working...
                                X