No announcement yet.

Black Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I listen to Sabbath every day. They are by far my favorite band and sometimes my passion for them can lead to zealotry and seem a bit illogical. The original era is what I fell in love with but I have grown to love all the other stuff as well. The last coupla days I've been rockin my ipod complete Sabbath disog playlist in random play. It will bounce from Ozzy to Dio to Martin era songs it's been kinda fun. I'm totally an album guy so it's kinda strange hearing the songs like this. It's like Black Sabbath radio.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

I was just thinking we on this forum have a lot of different takes on things, we disagree a lot, whether it be our views on politics or the different Sabbath eras, which I love them all, one thing we all have in common and agree on is our love for Black Sabbath.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Been my #1 band sense I first heard them in 1972. One oddity of mine is this:
        I do not listen to Sabbath every day. The reason is because they are the
        only band that when I listen, I must hear the entire album start to finish. Never
        1 or 2 songs. Therefore, if I know I won't have the time to play the whole album,
        I wait. It has always been that way.
        Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Strangely, I don't listen to much music in general anymore... except in my car, but mainly the radio on low... once in a while a CD usually something I mixed... i rarely listen to Sabbath even though they are my favorite band... the music is imbedded in my DNA, I don't have to play it...

If I do listen to music, it's something new I've discovered... and not usally hard rock or certainly not metal, I know I'm a minority here, but heavy metal isn't my kind of music... that may sound strange coming from a Sab freak, but I'd rather listen to acoustic music or blues... blusey jazz... I have no desire to listen to Sabbath records I've heard 1,000 times or any others... haven't listened to 13 in months...
          Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 02-10-2014, 06:04 AM.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
            Strangely, I don't listen to much music in general anymore... except in my car, but mainly the radio on low... once in a while a CD usually something I mixed... i rarely listen to Sabbath even though they are my favorite band... the music is imbedded in my DNA, I don't have to play it... If I do listen to music, it's something new I've discovered... and not usally hard rock or certainly not metal, I know I'm a minority here, but heavy metal isn't my kind of music... that may sound strange coming from a Sab freak, but I'd rather listen to acoustic music or blues... blusey jazz... I have no desire to listen to Sabbath records I've heard 1,000 times or any others... haven't listened to 13 in months...
            I'm not a fan of metal per-se. I like all different kinds of music. A few years ago I tried to get into iron maiden and Judas Priest and I just couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
              Strangely, I don't listen to much music in general anymore... except in my car, but mainly the radio on low... once in a while a CD usually something I mixed... i rarely listen to Sabbath even though they are my favorite band... the music is imbedded in my DNA, I don't have to play it...
              It's exactly the same with me. Exept i do listen to Metal every now and then. And i don't drive a car, but i use my mp3-player heavily when taking a bus or a train. And every now and then i put on a Sabbath-album when i'm going to sleep...
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                I'm not a fan of metal per-se. I like all different kinds of music. A few years ago I tried to get into iron maiden and Judas Priest and I just couldn't
                Ditto! I don't personally consider Sabbath to be heavy metal. When I first heard them, back in the day, they were known as heavy rock, along with Deep Purple, Zeppelin, and others. Like WC, I don't listen to my favorite groups all of the time, and that is because I am so familiar with their music, and want it to be a treat. Over exposure can ruin a love for a group. Most metal is terrible IMHO, but that's a generational thing.
                Last edited by Now in Darkness; 02-10-2014, 08:39 AM.
                Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

In my mind the first proper "metal" album was Judas Priest's British Steel. The style changed from Killing Machine which had a bit of swing and groove to some of the tracks where BS was more square sounding, very exact or defined, very hard to put into words what I mean. It's like Priest shrugged off the remaining blues influences and became metal.

Anyway, Sabbath? Not metal until 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    And every now and then i put on a Sabbath-album when i'm going to sleep...
                    No way I could sleep after a session with Sabbath. I'd be too pumped up and
                    full of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                      No way I could sleep after a session with Sabbath. I'd be too pumped up and
                      full of energy.
                      It really depends on the mood. Sometimes Sabbath can be the perfect lullaby to sail away to dreamland by.
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by PTC View Post
                        In my mind the first proper "metal" album was Judas Priest's British Steel. The style changed from Killing Machine which had a bit of swing and groove to some of the tracks where BS was more square sounding, very exact or defined, very hard to put into words what I mean. It's like Priest shrugged off the remaining blues influences and became metal.

Anyway, Sabbath? Not metal until 1980.
                        Funny, I think Sabbath created Metal in 1970 and Stained Class is way more Metal than British Steel.
                        Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Black Sabbath is embedded in my mind, heart and soul.

Black Sabbath is a part of me, a part of who I am, they are all I basically listen to, and I listen to them every single day with enjoyment, pleasure and enthusiasm, without failure.
                          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-11-2014, 05:36 PM.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

OID, I agree, no other band can approach the greatness of Black Sabbath. I listen to other music as well, but I have always enjoyed Black Sabbath the most and that will never change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                              OID, I agree, no other band can approach the greatness of Black Sabbath. I listen to other music as well, but I have always enjoyed Black Sabbath the most and that will never change.
                              I live, breath and sleep Black Sabbath.

Today 44 years ago the eponymous album bearing the band name was released, the album that started it all, thank you Black Sabbath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                                Today 44 years ago the eponymous album bearing the band name was released, the album that started it all, thank you Black Sabbath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I didn't realize it was today. I salute your knowledge sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X