Black Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
    I didn't realize it was today. I salute your knowledge sir!
    Thank you Typhon, It was released Friday the 13th of February 1970.

I must not take credit alone, Thelemech and Sabbathman have also posted on other threads regarding the anniversary of the greatest album ever.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

All the Dio and Ozzy bashing that has occurred on this forum, all the non acceptance of the Gillan, Hughes and Martin eras, it won't be me to taint the Sabbath name.

I know this is just a forum and nothing else, but wouldn't it be better to respect each others preferences ?

Black Sabbath is my favorite band, it is more than a band to me, it's something I love, cherish and respect.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        All the Dio and Ozzy bashing that has occurred on this forum, all the non acceptance of the Gillan, Hughes and Martin eras, it won't be me to taint the Sabbath name.

I know this is just a forum and nothing else, but wouldn't it be better to respect each others preferences ?

Black Sabbath is my favorite band, it is more than a band to me, it's something I love, cherish and respect.
        OID, I agree with your comments. Every person has his/her own favorite and preferences, however it is not necessary to bash an era that is not your favorite. For me, no band will ever come close to Black Sabbath, especially the lineup of Ozzy + Tony + Geezer + Bill. You are certain to find something special in any music created by Tony Iommi.

Comment

for me its sabbath and zeppelin who hold 1 and 2 with other bands like purple, airplane, the dead, the who, the doors, the stones and a few others quite a bit behind. sabbath and zeppelin were constantly swapping places, there was a time when i honestly thought zep were the best band in the world but sabbath are the only band that can challenge them imo, infact these days id go as far to say sabbath were better. nothing and i mean nothing makes me feel the way i do when i listen to sabbath. zep also make me feel great but i just relate more to sabbath.

Comment

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
            for me its sabbath and zeppelin who hold 1 and 2 with other bands like purple, airplane, the dead, the who, the doors, the stones and a few others quite a bit behind. sabbath and zeppelin were constantly swapping places, there was a time when i honestly thought zep were the best band in the world but sabbath are the only band that can challenge them imo, infact these days id go as far to say sabbath were better. nothing and i mean nothing makes me feel the way i do when i listen to sabbath. zep also make me feel great but i just relate more to sabbath.
            Thanks for posting O.L.Y.

Sabbath out beats any band for me, but yes Zeppelin comes in 2nd in my book, but that's not taking away from them, it's just my personal taste.

Comment

Thanks for posting O.L.Y.

Sabbath out beats any band for me, but yes Zeppelin comes in 2nd in my book, but that's not taking away from them, it's just my personal taste.
              Zeppelin comes in at 20 or 30 in my book. They quit going hand in hand with Sabbath for me well over 20 years ago. I recognize their influence. I am grateful for the good times I had with them but, honestly, it surprises me that they still have such a hold over peoples lives. The local Classic Rock Station , which I avoid like syphilis, plays at least one Zeppelin song an hour, sometimes two when it's Heartbreaker/Living Loving Man (He's Just a Woman). If millions of people want to settle for mediocrity when they play music that's their prerogative. Me? I got another 45-50 years on this planet , TOPS, and I intend to enjoy myself when listening to music. Not listen to the exact same shit , day after day , year after year, for ever and ever. NP: The Damned-Dark Asteroid (a tribute to Syd Barret) on vinyl.
              Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Led Zeppelin would come in 4th or 5th with me.
                Ahead of them I choose Nirvana, L7, Deep Purple and of course, Ozzy solo.
                Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

deep purple mk 2 are hugely under appreciated, great band but still cant touch sabbath in the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                    OID, I agree with your comments. Every person has his/her own favorite and preferences, however it is not necessary to bash an era that is not your favorite. For me, no band will ever come close to Black Sabbath, especially the lineup of Ozzy + Tony + Geezer + Bill. You are certain to find something special in any music created by Tony Iommi.
                    I agree with OID and TSC! The bashing of any of the eras of Sabbath is just plain ridiculas. I tend to bash bashers!
                    First of all, and foremost, Sabbath is Iommis' band. He has been there thick and thin with all the incarnations. HE's the pioneer and without him, they would be absolutely notta! Now that I said the obvious, if you are a Iommi freak and love and appreciate his style and approach to music then I don't understand the animosity. He has always found a way to fit the style of the vocalist he is creating a song with. A very hard task that usually fails with others, but not Iommi, he takes it to new heights. He's an intense musician that can play most any style, jazz, blues, classical, so on and so on. Now, if you are a dingbat that bashes Sabbath eras, you are bashing Iommi and all his amazing accomplishments which leads me to ask, what the hell are you doing on a fuckin' Sabbath appreciation board? This board is a Sabbath and Iommi fan based board. If you have opinions and strong opinions about the music, that's cool, that's what it's all about, but the whole negative insulting crap just sucks. Most people here don't want to read your bullshit, keep it to yourself because you are not convincing us hardcore fans anything except for the fact that you are completely fuckin' ignorant. Thanks for reading and always remember.........IOMMI RULES!
                    Last edited by Hot line; 09-24-2014, 05:19 PM.
                    "Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why.
                    They just tell you that you're on your own, fill your head all full of lies."

Comment

Thank you Hot Line.^^^^

I think some people misunderstood when I said Zeppelin were number two, I meant that they come behind Sabbath, but then again so do the Beatles.

My number two band would have to be Dio/Rainbow.

1.) Black Sabbath
                      2.) Rainbow
                      3.) Led Zeppelin
                      4.) Judas Priest
                      5.) Iron Maiden

Comment

I love all those bands. You ROCK!

Comment

Thank you Hot Line.^^^^

I think some people misunderstood when I said Zeppelin were number two, I meant that they come behind Sabbath, but then again so do the Beatles.

My number two band would have to be Dio/Rainbow.

1.) Black Sabbath
                          2.) Rainbow
                          3.) Led Zeppelin
                          4.) Judas Priest
                          5.) Iron Maiden
                          love early rainbow especially rainbow rising, zep are my second favourite band just behind sabbath and i like early priest. got to admit im not that big on iron maiden, they bore me a bit but i like the odd song.

Comment

Originally posted by deranged View Post
                            I love all those bands. You ROCK!
                            Thank you Deranged, you Rock as well brother!

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
                            love early rainbow especially rainbow rising, zep are my second favourite band just behind sabbath and i like early priest. got to admit im not that big on iron maiden, they bore me a bit but i like the odd song.
                            DIO/Rainbow I love, it's my 2nd most favorite band after Sabbath, Ronnie was magical during that period in his career, I love all three albums equally, but no band beats Sabbath, not the mighty Zep, Priest or Maiden.

Metallica and Slayer are also on my list as the greatest bands.

Comment

it seems your more metal with metallica,slayer,maiden etc and im more late 60s and 70s rock. my fav bands after sabbath are zep,purple,stones,the who,jefferson airplane,the dead,the doors,lynyrd skynyrd just to name a few. love metallica though i must admit.

Comment

My favourite bands 1. Sabbath 2. Ozzy 3. My Morning Jacket 4. Black Label Society 5. Beatles 6. Foo Fighters

Comment

Working...
                                X