Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Black Sabbath did you listen to today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Very nice. I wouldn't add those to an album if they're not from the same sessions (bit of a stickler for me), but they'd make fine bonus tracks.

I need to sort out my versions of Scary Dreams actually.
    They were Ozzy's return to Sabbath songs after he'd left, except for Who's Fooling Who, but in away he was returning to Sabbath, with Tony and Bill, so I added it.

The Rebel, I added it because I like it so much.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      They were Ozzy's return to Sabbath songs after he'd left, except for Who's Fooling Who, but in away he was returning to Sabbath, with Tony and Bill, so I added it.

The Rebel, I added it because I like it so much.
      Your reasoning is sound, OID. I perfectly understand that. Say for instance if we'd gotten the album that Scary Dreams was written for, to me, then the live Scary Dreams would belong to that album rather than something that came after it.
      I completely understand what you're saying, but if they come from a different album or differing time period then that rules it out for me. One thing that I enjoy with 13 and The End is the consistency in sound and style. If I added, say, Psycho Man to the main running order it'd put it out of balance for me, so to speak. As a bonus track, it'd be fine.

Comment

• both of you make sense
        OID that sounds like a nice little package you put together, why no when I came down?
        to complete it

Comment

I added my favorite Earth song, The Rebel and Psycho Man, Selling My Soul, Who's Fooling Who, Scary Dreams.
          Minus the rebel I have that playlist. It's mind blowing how good the Sabbath music has been the last 20ish years. I wish we had more. Took a Sabbath break today and listened to only
          Rat Salad
          Embryo
          Orchid
          Laguna sunrise
          Fluff
          Breakout ...........lol
          Scarlett Pimpernel...I wish I had more Iommi instros...
          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
              I got all three of those on Vinyl.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Back Street Kids
                All Moving Parts (Stand Still)
                Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
                Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

I got all three of those on Vinyl.
                  I want the Second two.
                  today:
                  Forbidden (not on vinyl)
                  Right now: The End
                  Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Today I listened to black Sabbath - black Sabbath, master of reality and Sabbath bloody Sabbath.

The reason? BECAUSE I GOT A TICKET TO BLACK SABBATHS LAST EVER SHOW IN BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fairies wear heels View Post
                          Today I listened to black Sabbath - black Sabbath, master of reality and Sabbath bloody Sabbath.

The reason? BECAUSE I GOT A TICKET TO BLACK SABBATHS LAST EVER SHOW IN BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Awesome - have a fn great time!!
                          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• sabbath bloody sabbath. this is the pinnacle album of the band and they were completely at the top of their game. this album is a league above anything deep purple ever recorded and also on par if not better than anything led zeppelin did. cracks were starting to show on vol 4 with the band being completely exhausted and drugged out of their minds,but SBS captures a band on top of the world. big big album.

Comment

• ^^^^^^
                              Okay, name a single "crack" in Vol. 4.
                              Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
                                sabbath bloody sabbath. this is the pinnacle album of the band and they were completely at the top of their game. this album is a league above anything deep purple ever recorded and also on par if not better than anything led zeppelin did. cracks were starting to show on vol 4 with the band being completely exhausted and drugged out of their minds,but SBS captures a band on top of the world. big big album.
                                Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                                ^^^^^^
                                Okay, name a single "crack" in Vol. 4.
                                Vol.4 is a perfect album!!!
                                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Working...
                                X