Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Black Sabbath did you listen to today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston 1992. Awesome performance.

Comment

• Today I listen to:
      Heaven and Hell
      Mob Rules Deluxe
      Dehumanizer
      The Devil You know

all full albums while trekking through the wintry weather.
      Last edited by ElvesWearBoots; 02-07-2021, 05:59 PM.
      "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
      ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
        Today I listen to:
        Heaven and Hell
        Mob Rules Deluxe
        Dehumanizer
        The Devil You know

all full albums while trekking through the wintry weather.
        That had to be awesome , esp in the winter weather , nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

That had to be awesome , esp in the winter weather , nice!
          Awesome listening, not nice weather, freezing cold, especially when you have to shovel.
          "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
          ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Black Sabbath-Vol.4 Super Deluxe Boxset

Disc number 4 Live In The UK 1973
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• To be honest I rarely listen to a full album lately. I do when i buy it , then I rip it put it on my phone and then i generally just shuffle and listen to whatever comes on. Its like the radio but I like all the songs. But that said I should just dedicate some time to Sabbath. Im more an Ozzy era fan myself but certainly enjoyed some post Ozzy Sabs.

Comment

• Originally posted by revbob View Post
                To be honest I rarely listen to a full album lately. I do when i buy it , then I rip it put it on my phone and then i generally just shuffle and listen to whatever comes on. Its like the radio but I like all the songs. But that said I should just dedicate some time to Sabbath. Im more an Ozzy era fan myself but certainly enjoyed some post Ozzy Sabs.
                That’s my preference as well revbob, the Ozzy era, but I enjoy all eras of Sabbath, but for me Ozzy is number one.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

That’s my preference as well revbob, the Ozzy era, but I enjoy all eras of Sabbath, but for me Ozzy is number one.
                  For me its all different bands some good some not so much. Dio and Gillian even brought something powerful to the band but I stopped listening to any new Sabbath after 7th Star which really should have been an Iommi solo album as originally planned. I understand why what happened did, Sabbath was a recognized name, just wish it had played out different.

Comment

• Originally posted by revbob View Post

For me its all different bands some good some not so much. Dio and Gillian even brought something powerful to the band but I stopped listening to any new Sabbath after 7th Star which really should have been an Iommi solo album as originally planned. I understand why what happened did, Sabbath was a recognized name, just wish it had played out different.
                    Love Dio and Gillan Sabbath albums, Seventh Star is great and the Martin era, I’ve grown to love.

I guess different musicians make different sounds, you can back track through the forums this topic about the post Gillan years being IommI solo have been discussed numerous times.

Comment

Love Dio and Gillan Sabbath albums, Seventh Star is great and the Martin era, I’ve grown to love.

I guess different musicians make different sounds, you can back track through the forums this topic about the post Gillan years being IommI solo have been discussed numerous times.

Yeah at that point for me it was like a love affair that had run its course and had to let it go. Sabbath was my favorite band by a long shot. I dont expect bands to be static, growth and change is important but just as a band can change/grow so can or does the fan/listener and sometimes you hit that fork in the road. I had a similar experience with Metallica. I heard the Black album and just couldn't go down that road with them. Its very difficult for any band to last a long time, grow, keep things fresh amd not gain/lose fans along the way.

Comment

• Black Sabbath - The Dio Years

~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Black Sabbath-Vol.4 Super Deluxe- Live In The UK ‘73
                          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-22-2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Black Sabbath-Vol.4 Super Deluxe 2021 remaster album
                            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-22-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Black Sabbath-Vol.4 Super Deluxe- Live In The UK ‘73
                              This again, love it and the take in the beginning when the guy speaks.

Comment

• Technical Ecstasy

Comment

Working...
                                X