Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

What Black Sabbath did you listen to today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I rank Forbidden right up there with the Dio and Gillan albums.

Today I listened to TYR, Cross Purposes and Forbidden.

I rank the Martin albums as such:

1.) Forbidden
    2.) Eternal Idol
    3.) Headless Cross
    4.) TYR
    5.) Cross Purposes (I know Geezer is on this album, but it is my least liked Martin/Sabbath album)
    TYR is my #1 Tony Martin album.

1. TYR
    2. Eternal Idol
    3. Cross Purposes
    4. Headless Cross
    5. Forbidden
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Cross Purposes
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
        Cross Purposes
        I'm not crazy about this album, it's my least liked Martin album, Psychophobia, Virtual Death are okay.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Today I listened to:

Eponymous Debut, Paranoid and Master Of Reality [All Full CD's]
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• 13 (Full Best Buy Version)

Ok Here's my Martin era list:

1 Eternal Idol (one of my favorite Sabbath albums.Period. Tony Martin Version Only)
            2 Cross Purposes ( Also one of the best things Sabbath have done)
            3 Headless Cross ( comical lyrics drag this great album down a tad, every other word uttered is "Satan")
            4 TYR ( weird quiet tone on Tony's guitar and comical lyrics hinder this one, for me, also, the "concept" is flawed)
            5 Forbidden ( god awful Production and it just dies a little bit in the middle)

Like I said before Forbidden grows on me more and more through the years and it might pass up TYR and no longer be my least awesomest Sabbath album. One thing that, to me, is cool about CP and Forbidden is that Martin threw out his voice. He actually sounds grittier and more Sabbathy to me with a weathered voice. Another thing that the two final Martin albums have going for them is a totally different lyrical style. There are some damn good lyrics in both albums. A Huge step up compared to some of the laughable ones on Headless and TYR. I love the lyrics on Eternal Idol, Daisley writes good lyrics.
            Last edited by Never Satisfied; 11-11-2014, 06:38 PM.
            Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• N.S. For some reason Cross Purposes doesn't grab me, the music seems too long and drawn out, Psychophobia, Virtual Death and Back To Eden are some of the better songs on the album.

Forbidden to me is a rocking Sabbath album, the songs move me, I find myself singing along to them.

I'm not saying CP is a bad album, just doesn't move me much.

Comment

N.S. For some reason Cross Purposes doesn't grab me, the music seems too long and drawn out, Psychophobia, Virtual Death and Back To Eden are some of the better songs on the album.

Forbidden to me is a rocking Sabbath album, the songs move me, I find myself singing along to them.

I'm not saying CP is a bad album, just doesn't move me much.
                How long have you been listening to CP? It has taken about a decade for me to Love TYR CP and Forbidden. Which I bought all at once at a Circuit City out of their bargain bin in 2003 for $5.99 each plus tax. What about "I Witness"? that song is fuckin' incredible, or Docs Namesake "Back To Eden", listen to the gallup and hop on that one, what a classic Iommi riff. I love CP. Having a playlist which contains the full discog reveals how badly Forbidden is produced when heard after CP. Come back to us, Doc Eden...

Comment

• 13 (disc II only)
                  Had to work late.
                  Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• Yesterday Cross Purposes

Comment

• Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
                      How long have you been listening to CP? It has taken about a decade for me to Love TYR CP and Forbidden. Which I bought all at once at a Circuit City out of their bargain bin in 2003 for $5.99 each plus tax. What about "I Witness"? that song is fuckin' incredible, or Docs Namesake "Back To Eden", listen to the gallup and hop on that one, what a classic Iommi riff. I love CP. Having a playlist which contains the full discog reveals how badly Forbidden is produced when heard after CP. Come back to us, Doc Eden...
                      Well I listened to all the Martin/Sabbath albums when they were first released, but been listening to them on CD for a little over a year now. Forbidden I took a liking to right away, I can't grasp why Sabbath fans or any Hard Rock fan don't like or has a hard time getting into this album.

I stand by Forbidden and will go as far as say that Eternal Idol his first and Forbidden his last with Sabbath, are the two true albums to the Martin/Sabbath testament.

Today I listened to:

Reunion [Full CD's] and Scary Dreams (twice in a row, great Sabbath song!)

Right now I'm listening to: The Many Faces Of Black Sabbath.

Doc, if your viewing the forum, I love King Of The Night, the song we spoke about, great stuff on this CD, glad I bought it.

Comment

• A National Acrobat
                        gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Master Of Reality

Comment

Reunion [Full CD's] and Scary Dreams (twice in a row, great Sabbath song!)

I love King Of The Night, the song we spoke about, great stuff on this CD, glad I bought it.
                            What version of Scary Dreams do you listen to? You Tube?

and What is King Of The Night?
                            Thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by thewizard View Post
                              What version of Scary Dreams do you listen to? You Tube?

and What is King Of The Night?
                              Thanks for the info
                              The version of Scary Dreams I listen to is the Atlanta 07/07/01 bootleg I have.

King Of The Night is a song off the new tribute compilation CD titled The Many Faces Of Black Sabbath, a song that Tony Iommi played on with Bobby Harrison, who was the drummer in Procol Harum, he released a solo album titled Funkiest with a range of collaborators and Tony Iommi was one of them that played on that song.
                              Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 11-15-2014, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (full cd)

Comment

Working...
                                X