Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

What Black Sabbath did you listen to today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    The version of Scary Dreams I listen to is the Atlanta 07/07/01 bootleg I have.

King Of The Night is a song off the new compilation CD titled The Many Faces Of Black Sabbath, a song that Tony Iommi played on with Bobby Harrison, who was the drummer in Procol Harum, he released a solo album titled Funkiest with a range of collaborators and Tony Iommi was one of them that played on that song.
    What a completist.
    Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• Yes I am Typhon.

Yesterday I finished listening to The Many Faces Of Black Sabbath Disc 2 (The Songs) & Disc 3 (The Legacy).
      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 11-15-2014, 07:19 AM.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• I Think My buddy OID would be proud to hear I Blasted Forbidden on my home stereo yesterday and it sounded Amazing. Kiss Of Death was fukkin brutal!!!!
        Just woke up , it's 6 am , we will see what Sabbath I play today...
        Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
          I Think My buddy OID would be proud to hear I Blasted Forbidden on my home stereo yesterday and it sounded Amazing. Kiss Of Death was fukkin brutal!!!!
          Just woke up , it's 6 am , we will see what Sabbath I play today...
          I am proud to hear that N.S. Forbidden is a Sabbath album in and out, there isn't one bad song on the album not one.

The Illusion Of Power is one of the best songs on the album, heavy as heavy can be and one of the coolest Sabbath album covers in existence!
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• For those of you who are interested in the newly released The Many Faces Of Black Sabbath, various artists tribute album I've posted this information below:

BLACK SABBATH is - along with LED ZEPPELIN and DEEP PURPLE - the most important British hard rock band of all time. With its dark, mystical and obsessive sound, BLACK SABBATH built a unique brand that has influenced countless groups since its inception in the late 60s until today. As usual, in our series The Many Faces, we will take you into the fantastic and great world of BLACK SABBATH. We will revisit forgotten collaborations, its best songs and the artists (and even music styles) that the band have influenced.

We started with Disc 1, entitled 'The Players (and more)' that features musicians who have been part the band. To begin with, who else than Tony Iommi, the founding guitarist and the only member who has been in all the band's formations. Tony is synonymous with BLACK SABBATH. We also can't forget to mention that this first disc contains potent versions of three classic SABBATH's songs ("Paranoid", "Children Of The Grave" and "Hole In The Sky") by rock stars such as Vince Neil (MOTLEY CRUE), George Lynch (DOKKEN) and Californians RACER X and AGENT STEEL.

Disc 2 is dedicated to the band's greatest songs with versions from countries like the United States, Germany and Argentina. This is just a simple of passion that BLACK SABBATH generates around the world. And, as a special treat, we allow ourselves the freedom to include three classic Ozzy Osbourne's tracks from his solo career ("Mr. Crowley", "Crazy Train" and "Bark At The Moon"). These, in versions featuring guitar god Yngwie Malmsteen, Dee Snider (from TWISTED SISTER), Jason Bonham (son of John Bonham from LED ZEPPELIN) and core fans FOREVER SAY DIE.

Finally, Disc 3 - titled 'The Legacy' - features 14 tracks of stoner rock, the underground music genre that was born from the sound of the original BLACK SABBATH, especially the period between his debut Black Sabbath in 1970 thru Sabotage in 1975. So, bands like FREEDOM HAWK, SASQUATCH or ISAAK (among many others) bring back all the mystique and magic that we all love in hard rock into the XXI century.

The track listing:

Disc: 1

"King Of The Night" - Bobby Harrison (Feat. Tony Iommi)
            "Welcome To My Nightmare" - Ronnie James Dio
            "Mainline Riders" - QUARTZ (Prod. By Tony Iommi)
            "Only Women Bleed" - Glenn Hughes
            "I Believe In You" (Fire In My Body) - BEDLAM (Feat. Cozy Powell)
            "Tower Of Lies" - Axel Rudi Pell (Feat. Bob Rondinelli)
            "Finally The Finale" - Ian Gillan
            "Devil's Brew" - QUARTZ (Prod. By Tony Iommi)
            "School's Out" - Dave Mustaine (Feat. Eric Singer)
            "Paint It Black" - Rick Wakeman
            "Flowers In The Rain" - THE MOVE (Feat. Bev Bevan)
            "Paranoid" - Vince Neil (MOTLEY CRUE) & George Lynch (DOKKEN)
            "Children Of The Grave" - RACER X
            "Hole In The Sky" - AGENT STEEL

Disc: 2

"Black Sabbath" - ICED EARTH
            "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" - FOREVER SAY DIE
            "N.I.B." - DOFKA
            "Paranoid" - LOS NATAS
            "War Pigs" - NATIVO
            "Children Of The Grave" - Horcas & Andres Gimenez
            "Die Young" - PRIMAL FEAR
            "Neon Knights" - STEEL PROPHET
            "Children Of The Sea" - JAG PANZER
            "Falling Off The Edge Of The World" - ICARUS WITCH
            "Disturbing The Priest" - ORDER OF NINE
            "Mr. Crowley" - Yngwie Malmsteen
            "Crazy Train" - Dee Snider & Jason Bonham
            "Bark At The Moon" - FOREVER SAY DIE

Disc: 3

"Thunderfoot" - FREEDOM HAWK
            "Dragonfly" - SASQUATCH
            "Rest Of The Sun" - ISAAK
            "Highway Officer" - GREENLEAF
            "You Know How This Works" - BACKWOODS PAYBACK
            "Gypsy Lady" - THE SOCKS
            "The Conjuring" - WO FAT
            "Jan-Michael Vincent" - GOZU
            "Rooster Booster" - BRAIN POLICE
            "Bleeding Out" - LO PAN
            "Closer To The Sun" - FUDO MYO
            "Keystone" - NIGHTSTALKER
            "To Live" - MOTHER OF GOD
            "Through Ashes And Tears" - SOUTHERN WHISKEY REBELLION

King Of The Night was recorded back in 1975 for Bobby Harrison's Funkist solo album.
            Tony Iommi plays guitar on King Of The Night, Bobby Harrison was the drummer for Procol Harum who's iconic song was Whiter Shade Of Pale.

Comment

• Master Of Reality
              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Sabotage today

Comment

• Yesterday I listened to:

Never Say Die!, Paranoid [All Full CD's] and the four bonus tracks off 13 [Twice]

Comment

• Vol. 4

The Dio Years

Comment

• Cross Purposes. What's the Use is a beast of a track, it's a shame it wasn't on the album in all territories.

If/when Cross Purposes gets a re-release I hope it's on there as a bonus so people can easily hear it.

Comment

• Technical Ecstasy

Comment

• Eponymous and 13 [Both Full CD's] listened to Evil Woman, Sleeping Village/The Warning twice, love these tracks.

Comment

• Never Say Die!

Comment

• The Dio Years- loud, in the car, on the way home after a frustrating day at work...
                              Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

• Never Say Die! (full cd)

Comment

Working...
                                X