No announcement yet.

Geezer and Zakk Wylde, together again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer and Zakk Wylde, together again!

Dunno if this is more appropriate for here or the Solo section....

Geezer and Zakk playing Fairies Wear Boots at the recent tribute to Geezer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH26avpeOjk

I wonder how many people remember that Geezer was in Ozzy's solo band...

I know i do. The ozzy/zakk/geezer/randy lineup is one of my favorite ones

Comment

Cool vid...thanks for posting...kinda nice to hear a Sab song without having to cringe at every off key word.

Comment

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
        Cool vid...thanks for posting...kinda nice to hear a Sab song without having to cringe at every off key word.
        Yeah but now you have to cringe at pinch harmonics...

I guess that pretty much covers the stock Ozzy/Zakk complaints.

Comment

Pinch harmonics + not knowing the words + awful vocals = I'll pass.
          Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

This video shows how Ozzy's voice is essential for this song.

Comment

Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
              I wonder how many people remember that Geezer was in Ozzy's solo band...
              No Rest For The Wicked, album.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                No Rest For The Wicked, album.
                Geezer only did the tour and the Just Say Ozzy live EP. His picture is in the No Rest sleeve, but Bob Daisley played on the album. It's a similar situation as with Diary of a Madman.
                https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

Originally posted by Korps View Post
                  Geezer only did the tour and the Just Say Ozzy live EP. His picture is in the No Rest sleeve, but Bob Daisley played on the album. It's a similar situation as with Diary of a Madman.
                  Correct. Geez did play on Ozzmosis though, didn't he?

Anyways, I just think it's the coolest fucking thing that Geezer was in Ozzy's band.

Comment

Originally posted by Korps View Post
                    Thanks for clearing things up for me.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

This video shows how Tony Iommi is essential for this song. Nothing against Zakk but .. no

(I remember. Saw them in Gothenburg on No rest for the wicked tour-89)

Comment

Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
                        Correct. Geez did play on Ozzmosis though, didn't he?

Anyways, I just think it's the coolest fucking thing that Geezer was in Ozzy's band.
                        Yeah, he played on Ozzmosis. He's got a couple of writing credits there, too.

I just watched the video and man oh man how badly Zakk Wylde butchers Sabbath tunes. Corey Taylor's vocals sound really...I don't know, pretentious. Like he's trying to sound really "soulful" or something but doesn't, and that kind of thing doesn't fit this material anyway.

Charlie Benante is one of my favorite drummers. His take on this song sounds more upbeat than the original, he's not a behind-the-beat drummer at all. But I like it anyway.

Geezer's being Geezer and he's great, of course. He looks like he's having fun. Halfway through he grins like he's thinking, "You guys are fucking this song up so badly." That's how it looks to me anyway! :D
                        https://soundcloud.com/deadloss-2

Comment

I cringed at the vocals

Comment

I don't like Zakks tone in this vid. Too much treble! :(

Comment

Interesting combination.
                              Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Working...
                              X