Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

if you were to change set opener and closing song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you were to change set opener and closing song

As it seems BS has been using war pigs and paranoid as the show openers /closer forever now. What songs would you choose as opener/closer.

Opener-the wizard
    Closer-hand of doom

I'd leave the opener War Pigs because I think it's the perfect fit.

I'd change the closer to N.I.B.
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Opener - black sabbath
      Dream opener - hole in the sky
      Closer - end of the beginning
      Dream closer - spiral architect

Dio era,
      Opener - heaven and hell
      Closer - I
      Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

War Pigs should stay as opener, an insanely kick-ass Black Sabbath as closer.
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          War Pigs should stay as opener, an insanely kick-ass Black Sabbath as closer.
          This! Didn't even think of it, but I like it. A lot.
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

War Pigs is a good opener, but it is bit slow...they should kick the show off with something bit more upbeat...

Maybe Behind The Wall Of Sleep

Closer...hmmm....the song before the encore or the encore?

Paranoid (as it sadly needs to be played...) would work as a closer and Children Of The Grave worked as a good encore before...maybe Iron Man...

Comment

Hand of Doom isn't a great closer. In fact, I submit thinking bout changing the closer is a waste of time. If Ozzy is in the band, it's gonna be Paranoid.

However, for the opener, I think they should open with "Never Say Die".

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
              I'd change the closer to N.I.B.
              I'd drop NIB completely. One of the few Sabbath tracks I don't care for. Ugh.
              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                Hand of Doom isn't a great closer. In fact, I submit thinking bout changing the closer is a waste of time. If Ozzy is in the band, it's gonna be Paranoid.

However, for the opener, I think they should open with "Never Say Die".

I'd drop NIB completely. One of the few Sabbath tracks I don't care for. Ugh.
                I agreed with you 100% until the N.I.B. statement. I love that they do Behind the Wall of Sleep/Basically/N.I.B. together live nowadays, that's easily the best part of their first three if not four albums.

Never Say Die is their best album opener imo so would be a great concert opener as well. And call me conservative, but if Ozzy's on the stage I don't want to hear anything after Paranoid. For some reason I can't explain I love that tradition and the fact that it goes back such a ridiculously long time :D
                "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

War Pigs is a great opener, but lets play changing it and the closer as the thread suggest... CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE IS A GOOD ONE TO OPEN WITH, CLOSE WITH sABBATH BLOODY SABBATH!

Joe, Ozzy has nothing to do with Paranoid closing, every iteration of BS closed with Paranoid... How about switching them around... open with Paranoid close with War Pigs..?
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                    Joe, Ozzy has nothing to do with Paranoid closing, every iteration of BS closed with Paranoid... How about switching them around... open with Paranoid close with War Pigs..?
                    Actually that's entirely true. They never closed with Paranoid during the Dio years...they also didn't close with it on the Cross Purposes tour...Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was the closer for that tour.

Comment

Open with Wheels of Confusion! End with Under TheSun. Have every song in between be off Vol.IV. Not gonna happen, just a dream of mine
                      You bought and sold me with your lying words.
                      Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        Actually that's entirely true. They never closed with Paranoid during the Dio years...they also didn't close with it on the Cross Purposes tour...Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was the closer for that tour.
                        Right not entirely true which is what I think you meant? They closed some shows on the Mob Rules Tour with Paranoid and then COTG was the encore... other shows just Paranoid, no COTG... most tours, including Dio, Born Again, T. Martin era, Paranoid is the 1 encore song... I did see a Cross Purposes Tour setlist where they finished with Paranoid, Iron Man and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath... we can't just pin Paranoid as the closer on Ozzy was my point though...
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                          As it seems BS has been using war pigs and paranoid as the show openers /closer forever now. What songs would you choose as opener/closer.

Opener-the wizard
                          Closer-hand of doom
                          Wizard's not a bad opener... but HOD as a closer? Yikes... it ends with that slow bass line fading out.... I like the song in the set, but never as a closer/encore... send people home pumped up, not doomed out and depressed...
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                            That's not true. Check your set list history. Mostly Paranoid, yes. But not always.
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Well they have used NIB and Paranoid as openers in the Past. Hand Of Doom and Fairies Wear Boots have been the closing tracks before.
                              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Working...
                              X