Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Trademark song era poll.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trademark song era poll.

    Going off the 3 era's in terms of commercial trademark song I'm guessing it's
    Paranoid
    Neon knights
    Headless cross

    I'm gonna vote neon knights as my fav on this.
    22
    Paranoid
    36.36%
    8
    Neon knights
    54.55%
    12
    Headless cross
    9.09%
    2
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

  • #2
    Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Going off the 3 era's in terms of commercial trademark song I'm guessing it's
    Paranoid
    Neon knights
    Headless cross

    I'm gonna vote neon knights as my fav on this.
    Agree with Paranoid and HC, but Heaven & Hell is the undisputed tradermark track of the Dio era IMO. Certainly the one that gets most radio play and is most well associated to that incarnation. Neon Knights is a close second with though.

    Good idea for a thread btw!
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
      Agree with Paranoid and HC, but Heaven & Hell is the undisputed tradermark track of the Dio era IMO. Certainly the one that gets most radio play and is most well associated to that incarnation. Neon Knights is a close second with though.

      Good idea for a thread btw!
      I agree Heaven and Hell would've been more appropriate for the Dio era.

      Went with Neon Knights.
      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

      Comment


      • #4
        Indeed it should have been Heaven And Hell, but regardless Neon Knights is the best song here...followed closely by Headless Cross.

        Comment


        • #5
          Voted Paranoid, although Neon Knights is a close second.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
            I agree Heaven and Hell would've been more appropriate for the Dio era.

            Went with Neon Knights.
            I think Spiral made the correct choice in including Neon Knights, Paranoid is a fast track and so is Neon Knights, and one of my favorite Dio era songs.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
              Agree with Paranoid and HC, but Heaven & Hell is the undisputed tradermark track of the Dio era IMO. Certainly the one that gets most radio play and is most well associated to that incarnation. Neon Knights is a close second with though.

              Good idea for a thread btw!
              Thanks

              Agree for me heaven and hell embodies everything I love about dio era sabbath( a sound and vibe that I thought was sadly lacking of tdyk), but went with neon knights cause I know it was released as a single with die young being the b-side and wasn't sure whether heaven and hell was.
              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                Thanks

                Agree for me heaven and hell embodies everything I love about dio era sabbath( a sound and vibe that I thought was sadly lacking of tdyk), but went with neon knights cause I know it was released as a single with die young being the b-side and wasn't sure whether heaven and hell was.
                Well I don't know if Heaven and Hell has ever been released as a single, but it's still the Dio era's most popular song.
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mob Rules or Die Young would have been MY Dio era trademark songs. Paranoid is the only answer to this question, of course. Headless Cross for Martin? Not even close to his trademark song.
                  Last edited by Now in Darkness; 12-22-2013, 09:44 AM.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Paranoid wins for me, it has the best lyrics, solo and groove. Headless Cross is not far behind but without the rest of the album to back it up it doesn't really have the same mesmerizing power as Paranoid. If I would compare the two best songs from each album though (Planet Caravan vs Nightwing), Headless Cross as an album would win.

                    Neon Knights is a good song but I always thought it sounded too much "thrown together", especially when it comes to the lyrics. Sure Paranoid was also thrown together, but it's only revealed in the structural simplicity and length of the song, not in the quality of the ingredients.
                    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

                    "In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

                    My first album!!!:
                    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                      Mob Rules or Die Young would have been MY Dio era trademark songs. Paranoid is the only answer to this question, of course. Headless Cross for Martin? Not even close to his trademark song.
                      Die Young is an awesome song, beautiful song. To me Tony Martin's trademark song would be, The Shinning or Ancient Warrior, way better than Headless Cross, but that is just my opinion.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                        Headless Cross for Martin? Not even close to his trademark song.
                        Actually I kind of think that it is...it is the most famous song from his era in Sabbath. Is it the best, no, but I don't think that was the idea here...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          Actually I kind of think that it is...it is the most famous song from his era in Sabbath. Is it the best, no, but I don't think that was the idea here...
                          Hmmm, from that perspective I get your point, but it would be far from my definitive choice, as there is better Martin material IMHO.
                          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            Actually I kind of think that it is...it is the most famous song from his era in Sabbath. Is it the best, no, but I don't think that was the idea here...
                            That is the song he is associated with.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Charger View Post
                              Actually I kind of think that it is...it is the most famous song from his era in Sabbath. Is it the best, no, but I don't think that was the idea here...
                              Also I can vouch first hand for headless cross because before I came on here I'd never listened to any t Martin albums(didn't even know some of them had been released) but as a average joe rock fan I'd heard and knew of headless cross the track.
                              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X