Who Would You Like to Front Sabbath If They Did A New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would You Like to Front Sabbath If They Did A New Album

If Sabbath Did Decide to go back into the Studio and Create another Album, who would you like to Front the Band and why?

I'd honestly would like Tony Martin Back, as I would love the band to correct the TM Era and feel they finished on a high as we all know they hated "Forbidden" kinda like "13" they were very happy about "13" and felt they rectified the Ozzy Era after the last album being "Never Say Die" which was an album the band wasn't overly joyed about.

So yeah I would want that, HOWEVER! Another Ozzy Era Album would be most welcomed too! And if they do make another album, Bill Ward on Drums :p and if not Bill then firstly the band should try and get the other Ex Sabbath Drummers Vinny Appice or Bobby Rondinelli. SHOULD all that fail then Tommy Clufetos on Drums I thought he done really well when I watched "Gathered In Their Masses" and also because make it up to him as he was supposed to be The drummer anyway for the album according to Ozzy, but Rubin didn't want him for some reason as Rubin thought Brad Wilk was a close comparison on Bill Ward.

Anyway deviating off topic yeah Tony Martin I would love back, but a Ozzy Albumwould love too.
    Ozzy Osbourne
    75.00%
    Ian Gillan
    7.14%
    Tony Martin
    17.86%

The only singer they will ever go out as BS with is Ozzy, the former revolving door has bene closed and sealed by a court order... but either way, It's Ozzy for me... and probably 99.9% of the masses...gathered...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Ozzy, no doubt. And Gillan as a special guest...
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

As mentioned, it couldn't legally be Sabbath without Ozzy. But new music with either of the other two under whatever name would be interesting. The only fly in the ointment might be if they recorded a few additional tracks for the "Martin Years Box Set" how would they be presented?

And Billy, the only Special Guest allowed is Justin Bieber ...!
        My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          The only singer they will ever go out as BS with is Ozzy, the former revolving door has bene closed and sealed by a court order... but either way, It's Ozzy for me... and probably 99.9% of the masses...gathered...
          This ^. And of course, Ozzy is my first choice. The other option that I would find intriguing, if legalities were not an issue, is an album with Martin, and an album with Gillan. The end result would be that the Sabbath catalogue had been reprised by an album from each of the 4 frontmen, excluding all the others who stood in for a day or two.
          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Yeah Ozz of course but a Tony solo project with some old singers would be interesting. How about some other singers who never recorded with Tony? Halford maybe? Maybe some younger guys like the guys from Mastodon. I'm not sure but new is always good. I'm not sure why we have to only think of Iommi working with Martin or Gillan. I think we need to remember that Sabbath is top shelf these days. Who's to say Iommi couldn't work with another star from the 70s? I can't think of any offhand that would fit but when I see Ozzy hanging out with Elton John and Paul McCartney or Tony chilling with Rick Wakeman or Metallica it just looks and feels right. These guys are on the same level as far as being legends. A collaboration with Tony Martin wouldn't even hit my radar personally because I'm just not interested in Tony Martin as a person. The only notoriety that he possesses is all based on the fact that the God who is Tony Iommi took a chance on him when things were at their worst. And instead of rising from the ashes like a Phoenix, Sabbath just slowly died out leaving a sulphurous stink (not Martin's fault exactly but he didn't save them like Dio did). No one outside the hardcore Sabbath freaks even know who he is.

Sorry to rant about Tony Martin guys! I know that he is appreciated around here and for what it is, its not bad. I just think that Sabbath's legendary status elevates them above these sort of collaborations now.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a Tony Martin fronted Iommi band because with Martin, they could do alot of the Dio era catalog... but I don't see too much happening outside the original 3 (or 4 ...) at this point in their lives... they are in their mid to later 60's now... side projects and solo albums seem to some degree, a waste of time they don't necessarily have...
              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Zombie James Dio
                The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post

And Billy, the only Special Guest allowed is Justin Bieber ...!
                  Oh my.....
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I picked Ozzy, I'm not interested in anything else or anyone else fronting Sabbath, but Ozzy.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Ozzy Osbourne
                      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Ozzy Osbourne

Comment

Ozzy for sure.
                          Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Speaking as a massive fan of the RJD era... Ozzy.
                            Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

Tony Martin

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C179JIFoUkg
                              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Working...
                              X