Sharon's crowning achievement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon's crowning achievement

Sharon is controversial yes, but you can't deny she's accomplished a few things we should all be thankful for. Which one is your favorite?
    Saving Ozzy from dispair after getting the boot from Sabbath
    78.26%
    Introducing Ronnie James Dio to Tony
    21.74%
    Spearheading the Sabbath Reunion tour in 97
    0.00%
    Putting the Insane Clown Posse in their place on the Howard Stern Show
    0.00%
    Starting the Ozzfest tour
    0.00%
    Her hard work in getting 13 made
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I voted for saving Ozzy from himself... but, other than the Howard Stern deal, all were pretty significant achievements...
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
      I voted for saving Ozzy from himself... but, other than the Howard Stern deal, all were pretty significant achievements...
      I threw in icp for jokes

Comment

I think both getting Ozzy off his ass, and getting Tony & Dio together were pivotal accomplishments.
        I enjoyed Ozzfest, and the 90's reunion. But without the first two events it negates all the rest. And those chain of events brought huge albums like Blizzard, Diary, H&H, and Mob Rules. Those albums defined my youth.
        And honestly she dropped the ball on the ICP thing. I think she should have gone much further.
        Last edited by devstorm; 07-23-2014, 12:52 PM.
        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
          I think both getting Ozzy off his ass, and getting Tony & Dio together were pivotal accomplishments.
          I enjoyed Ozzfest, and the 90's reunion. But without the first two events it negates all the rest. And those chain of events brought huge albums like Blizzard, Diary, H&H, and Mob Rules. Those albums defined my youth.
          And honestly she dropped the ball on the ICP thing. I think she should have gone much further.
          devstorms post sums my thoughts just about perfectly. Nothing to add really.
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Voted the save ozzy first choice, to be perfectly honest I wasn't even aware she was involved in the other happenings but good on her if she was!,
            She's made millions of sabbath fans happy
            Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Saving Ozzy from despair after being booted from Sabbath.

Sharon is a great and beautiful woman.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Saving Ozzy's career- though I have to say her greed and insecurities started to ruin his musical output from the moment she took over.

There's no denying she's an incredibly strong and capable woman and a force to be reckoned with and that's admirable, yet she's done some really petty,ruthless and lousy things that are hard to ignore.

I can't get past the rerecording of Blizzard and Diary, and the incredibly petty way Daisley and Kerslake are cut out of photos and the official history of Ozzy's post Sabbath career ( and cheated of their performance royalties, and in Lee's case gold and platinum records ) and the Ozzfest egging of Iron Maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                  and the Ozzfest egging of Iron Maiden.
                  Yep. That was very unprofessional, but Bruce deserved it for his douchery that night.

Comment

I'm not even a Bruce or Maiden fan, but the point is her pettiness took precedence over all those people there to see the show.

Comment

Sharon didn't egg Maiden, it was a bunch of Mexicans

Comment

Come off the grass, she gave them the eggs...did the Mexicans start playing the tape of the OZZY OZZY OZZY chant too?

Comment

I voted saving Ozzy too. He certainly would have ended up dead without her. if they ever make an Ozzy movie that will have to be the first scene.

Comment

^^ I don't know about the opening scene, you'd miss out a lot of fascinating stuff, but it would be the pivotal scenes which won it the Oscars!

I'm still the only one to go for option 2 ... I tell you I'm outta sink with the rest of the board members!
                            My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                              Come off the grass, she gave them the eggs...did the Mexicans start playing the tape of the OZZY OZZY OZZY chant too?
                              She gave them Mexicans eggs and they wasted them by throwing them at Bruce Dickinson? I thought all those Mexicans are jumping the border because they're starving over there in Mexico and they waste food by throwing it at someone?

Sharon was being kind in feeding those poor Mexicans, it's not her fault they decided to throw them at someone, what a waste of food!
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X