Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels Of Confusion
    replied
    I think his mother is our sister, does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• The Sabman Cometh
    replied
    Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Sorry, my wife typed all that while I was passed out on the floor.

I love you guys, anything nasty I post here isn't me, it's when I pass out in front of the computer logged in and my wife takes over- she hates Ozzy because I have spent so much money on his albums and merchandise over the years...I try to get her to tone it down but what can I do?

Thanks for understanding
    Wheels, no problem. Are you related to Spiral?

Leave a comment:

• Wheels Of Confusion
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post

Wheels, thank you for relaying your experience. It appears that an under the influence Ozzy failed to demonstrate the proper appreciation of his fans. When sober, Ozzy seems to acknowledge the mistakes he has made over the years, largely due to his drug and alcohol abuse issues. I do not believe Ozzy handles the business operations, however the remasters deleting Daisley and Kerslake were completely unacceptable. Sharon's ruthlessness has been discussed on many occasions already, let's move on.
    It is possible that Ozzy has issues understanding crazy Aussies, thus leading to his apparent disinterest.

E5150, Maiden was always a significantly lower draw compared to Ozzy, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Metallica, and probably the Scorpions as well. Perhaps they are bigger in Europe? I may have missed their new success from the mid 1990's and later.
    Sorry, my wife typed all that while I was passed out on the floor.

I love you guys, anything nasty I post here isn't me, it's when I pass out in front of the computer logged in and my wife takes over- she hates Ozzy because I have spent so much money on his albums and merchandise over the years...I try to get her to tone it down but what can I do?

Thanks for understanding

Leave a comment:

• OIM
    replied
    Originally posted by deranged View Post
    Just...so...wrong. I really like you OIM, but there's so much wrong in that sentence it makes my soul hurt LMFAO!! I spit my drink out at that....classic!!! What was the deal with ICP??
    He meant OID. The ICP thing was just comic relief. Even though i did take pleasure in listening to Sharon dismantle those two.

Leave a comment:

• deranged
    replied
    Just...so...wrong. I really like you OIM, but there's so much wrong in that sentence it makes my soul hurt

LMFAO!! I spit my drink out at that....classic!!!

What was the deal with ICP??

Leave a comment:

• thewizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    That poll is totally irellevent to what I said. Besides, those clowns aren't anymore experts than you or I or anyone else that's been into metal 30+ plus years. Actually Lol at some of their selections.
    That poll is a complete joke... that list should have Ozzy Osbourne - Judas Priest - Iron Maiden - Black Sabbath - Saxon - Accept - and AC/DC!!!

Leave a comment:

• ozzfloyd
    replied
    Fine then. I'll concede on how 'big' they were but you're going to have to produce some metrics to support your point other than your opinion on the matter.

That poll is totally irellevent to what I said. Besides, those clowns aren't anymore experts than you or I or anyone else that's been into metal 30+ plus years. Actually Lol at some of their selections.

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Stripper
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzfloyd View Post
    VH1's top 5 metal bands of the 80s. None of their 'experts' had Maiden top 5, and their top 10 pool to vote from doesn't even have Maiden as an option.

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-...-of-the-1980s/

No doubt Maiden are no 2 behind Metallica. Even in the 80's around Powerslave and the World Slavery tour Maiden were the Biggest metal band in the world at that time.
    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 08-07-2014, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ozzfloyd
    replied
    VH1's top 5 metal bands of the 80s. None of their 'experts' had Maiden top 5, and their top 10 pool to vote from doesn't even have Maiden as an option.

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-...-of-the-1980s/

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Stripper
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzfloyd View Post
    ^ Not in the US, at least in my experience. Most of the folks I interact with that were big into the metal scene in the 80s and 90s would probably be surprised Maiden is still active at all. In the 80s, again, in my circle, Maiden were not in most people's top 5 metal acts.
    Can you name another metal band that was selling out four shows straight at Long Beach Arena in the mid 80's? The top five biggest bands in the states around the same time were Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe who'd hit it big with Theatre Of Pain, Ozzy and Van Halen.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by OIM View Post
    David Hasselhoff is huge in Germany
    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• OIM
    replied
    David Hasselhoff is huge in Germany

Leave a comment:

• ozzfloyd
    replied
    ^ Not in the US, at least in my experience. Most of the folks I interact with that were big into the metal scene in the 80s and 90s would probably be surprised Maiden is still active at all. In the 80s, again, in my circle, Maiden were not in most people's top 5 metal acts.

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Stripper
    replied
    No doubt Maiden are no 2 behind Metallica. Even in the 80's around Powerslave and the World Slavery tour Maiden were the biggest metal band in the world at that time.

Leave a comment:

• -E5150 StarWanderer-
    replied
    [QUOTE=The Sabman Cometh;370446]
    Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Sure didn't seem to appreciate the fans at the signing at HMV Sydney when the Ozzman Cometh was released-he couldn't have come across any more disinterested if he tried.
    He looks pretty animated in the paid meet and greet pics I see though, maybe the fact it was a free signing got him down.

Funny for a guy who's always saying how "he loves you all" etc...he just came off like a fucking cockbag- it had been the first time since 1971 he had been to visit us in Australia, you'd think he would have bothered to look somewhere other than the desk/floor.
    Turns out that he caught up with Bob Daisley (for the last time) on that promo tour, maybe he was feeling remorseful about how his wife had ripped Bob off?

There was a radio competition I entered to meet Ozzy and have lunch with him on that trip (at the Hyatt)- the guy that won came out a while later and said it fucking sucked and Ozzy basically had fuck all to do with him and barely spoke to him.

Wheels, thank you for relaying your experience. It appears that an under the influence Ozzy failed to demonstrate the proper appreciation of his fans. When sober, Ozzy seems to acknowledge the mistakes he has made over the years, largely due to his drug and alcohol abuse issues. I do not believe Ozzy handles the business operations, however the remasters deleting Daisley and Kerslake were completely unacceptable. Sharon's ruthlessness has been discussed on many occasions already, let's move on.
    It is possible that Ozzy has issues understanding crazy Aussies, thus leading to his apparent disinterest.

E5150, Maiden was always a significantly lower draw compared to Ozzy, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Metallica, and probably the Scorpions as well. Perhaps they are bigger in Europe? I may have missed their new success from the mid 1990's and later.
    Well AC/DC is bigger than Maiden, but metal they are not!

And that might have been the case in the 80's, but nowadays it's safe to say Maiden's a top 2 metal act after 'Tallica by looking at their concert attendances across the globe. In the US they play basically the same venues as Sabbath, but in Europe, South America and other parts of the world they fill out stadiums vs. the arenas Sabbath tour. And Priest is certainly a tier below Sabbath in terms of album sales and concert attendance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X