Your favorite Sabbath album performed live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite Sabbath album performed live

High Concept Time. With 18 studio albums to their credit (and hopefully more to come). Is there any one album in the Sabbath canon that you would like to see them perform live. All songs performed in order and possibly released as a live version of that album.

For my own taste it would be either The first album or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. As I write this We Sold Our Souls comes to mind, performed live, that comp would be one fabulous set list.

Well they've basically have done the entire Master Of Reality live (part from Solitude although that might have been preformed back in 1971 eventhough no live recordings of it exist.) on various tours...especially during the first Reunion tour back in 98/99.

The only album I think should be/could be played live is the first one. All the songs would still be in Ozzy's reach. But anything from Master onwards have songs that there is no way Ozzy could ever pull off live anymore.

Comment

Charger has a good point, as much as Id love to hear Sabbath Bloody, or Sabotage live in their entirety (Yes even Am I Going Insane), Ozzy's not capable of reproducing those vocals in a live capacity. But if there was a way I'd choose either of those; and since I'm veering that far off into fantasyland, I'd choose Mob Rules with Ronnie fronting the band again, too.
      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Think I've said this before but sabbath bloddy sabbath would be ace performed in it's entirety,
        In their hayday at least.

Nowadays I'd like it if they did black sabbath followed by paranoid all the way through live,
        That would be mint!,
        Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
          Think I've said this before but sabbath bloddy sabbath would be ace performed in it's entirety,
          In their hayday at least.

Nowadays I'd like it if they did black sabbath followed by paranoid all the way through live,
          That would be mint!,
          I'd love that, the entire albums mentioned.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            I'd love that, the entire albums mentioned.
            Same here
            Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

I think Technical Ecstasy would be interesting.
              "Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why.
              They just tell you that you're on your own, fill your head all full of lies."

Comment

Paranoid is currently well represented, I would like to hear Black Sabbath in its entirety. If there were no limitations, Sabotage would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                  Paranoid is currently well represented, I would like to hear Black Sabbath in its entirety. If there were no limitations, Sabotage would be cool.
                  I'd also like to hear the entire Black Sabbath, eponymous debut in it's entirety, with Evil Woman included, that would be awesome, that's my favorite Sabbath album, as a matter of fact, any album ever recorded in the history of mankind.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    I'd also like to hear the entire Black Sabbath, eponymous debut in it's entirety, with Evil Woman included, that would be awesome, that's my favorite Sabbath album, as a matter of fact, any album ever recorded in the history of mankind.
                    Can you imagine what it must have been like to hear this album when it was first released in 1970?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                      Can you imagine what it must have been like to hear this album when it was first released in 1970?
                      It must've been something Sabman, there was nothing like it out there at the time.

I could imagine what people thought the first time they heard the thunder and rain and the tolling of the funeral bell.

Comment

Kind of a strange thing really, the first Sabbath album came out in 1970 - and it has dated very little since then.
                        It's just a classic hard rock/heavy metal album. And I believe it was recorded live in the studio, without a huge amount of overdubs and fixes.

Comment

I think it would be Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Sabotage just because of how unique the experience would be.

Master of Reality is kind of cool because it's only 35 minutes long. The band could play the entire album and then do another hour of material afterwards. I don't see any reason why they couldn't still do every song on that album. I'd love to see them incorporate all eight tracks into the set, with an abbreviated Solitude forming an intro to Into the Void and maybe Sweet Leaf shortened a bit (to tuck it into a clean half hour). If they're only going to milk the first three albums they might as well milk them for what they're worth.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                            since I'm veering that far off into fantasyland, I'd choose Mob Rules with Ronnie fronting the band again, too.
                            Mob Rules performed live might be very cool. And I don't think disrespectful to Ronnie James Dio's memory if Tony Martin sang the show. Those songs would not sound right coming out of Ozzy. Also he may feel a little reluctant and uneasy singing his direct successor in Sabbath.

Comment

vol 4 or SBS

Comment

Working...
                              X