Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did/do your parents think of Black Sabbath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Funny enough, i was talking to my mom about it just a couple of days ago. They did think, and still do think, it's unrythmic, unmelodic noice. i find that amusing, as they're listening to country and singer/songwriter with alot less rythm... They simply don't understand it...
    But having been listening to hard rock and metal all my life (first through my elder sisters, though that was more 80's hard rock ballads, then going into Guns n' Roses and Ugly Kid Joe when i was 8 or 9, Sabbath, Type O Negative, Sepultura and Black Metal not long after), they've always let me listen to what i want. But there was a few "turn that noise down" sometimes
    Sabbath is very melodic.

Yes, my dad likes Sabbath, but he will be mad when he finds out I carved Black Sabbath into the wooden dresser in my room with a knife.
    Last edited by Iron Wizard; 11-23-2015, 10:19 AM.
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Comment

My parents endured the whole Sabbath/Ozzy discography circa 1995 at full volume, neither of them like anything any of them have done but they sure as fuck preferred that stuff to GWAR.

Comment

Neither my mom, nor ny dad have ever heard Black Sabbath. One cannot see them on our national TV channels.
        Je morderai et glifflerai tout le monde.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeyyaa Skogkatt View Post
          Neither my mom, nor ny dad have ever heard Black Sabbath. One cannot see them on our national TV channels.
          Did you ever listen to Sabbath around them?
          You tried to suppress me
          But nothing holds me down
          Just when you think you're happy
          I come around

Comment

Originally posted by Freeyyaa Skogkatt View Post
            So you have no Black Sabbath in Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
              Did you ever listen to Sabbath around them?
              I have never done it, as this is almost forbidden thing in our family.

Comment

My parents are dead, but they never hassled me as a teenager about it.

I remember my mother asking me a couple of questions about their album covers when I was about 15-16 due to shit she'd heard on some televangelist TV thing (remember, this was the early '80s) but that was about it. She just wasn't interested; though she admitted to liking to watch (but not hear!) KISS.

My dear stepfather never, ever hassled me about any of my musical tastes. His only stipulation was "listen to whatever you like, as long as I don't have to hear that shit blasting out of your room!" (headphones came in handy).

My drunk of a birth father never liked anything I did anyway and would often say on the few times I ever would see him, "if you lived with me that long hair would come off and that bullshit you call 'music' would go in the trash." Sure, "dad," go on...see you same time, next year.

My country-music loving sister actually gave me the most grief about it and didn't seem to get the meaning of "STFU." At least she didn't live with us!

One of my friends was much less fortunate.

His dad was OK with almost anything, as long as you didn't interrupt his Chicago Cubs games (a really laid back guy), but his mother gave him endless rashes of shit about it. To her there was no difference in Bon Jovi and King Diamond.
                He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Black Sabbath was OK with my parents. My father did have "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" on cassette, taped from vinyl. He had also LZ II and "come taste the band". This stuff I've heard probably since I was 4-5 years old. He was never a big fan of Sabs, although he went with me for 2 shows and will be attending the show in Moscow. In later years he actually tend to listen to more hard rock than ever before. But he likes DP and LZ much more.

My mother never cared.

But they both did me grief for my Death Metal affection. They were OK for probably 2 years of my DM love, but then they really were annoyed by that. And still cannot understand that and occasionally make a laugh of that. And I've been listening to mostly extreme metal for 22 years.
                  http://vk.com/barghestboots

Comment

My parents were staunch baptists (not anymore) and thought Ozzy was the devil. They really hated the speak of the devil album cover.

Comment

It is so Russianlike to think this way. And my mom, seeing the picture of young John Michael Ozzy for the first time asked if it was a man or a woman and then said something about his character and morality I can tell in private only.
                      And on seeng a picture of young Ian Gillan she said he was "stolz, herablassend und boslich Schwede".

Comment

I would of thought my parents would of been against them because of the musical themes, but turns out they didn't care. My mom even took me and my friends to my first concert, that being OZZFEST 2005.
                        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

My mummy have never known English--she liked logical die Deutchesprache and la langue Franšaise. So she would never understand what they sing about.

Comment

My dad got me into them so usually when we're driving somewhere some Sabbath is playing, be it Master of Reality or attempting Dio's speeches and wails from Live Evil or any of the other masterpieces

Comment

Yes I have my old man to blame for my sabbath/ozzy infatuation, one cool dude man
                              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

My parents hate heavy metal, they think it is the devil's music and the heaviest music they will listen to is The Beatles.

Comment

Working...
                                X