Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the thing with Iommi and Blackmores vocalists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the thing with Iommi and Blackmores vocalists?

From '80 to '85 Iommi worked with three Blackmore-related vocalists, and also expressed he wanted to work with Coverdale. Should he've continued the pop-metal style of 7th Star and brought in Joe Lynn Turner when Huges got booted? What about Rod Evans? Maybe it's time to do an acoustic folk-album with Candice Night..?
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Here comes a shit storm! Valid points though, he seemed to love Blackmore's sloppy seconds

Comment

No shitstorm. As noone else've replied, they most likely got the joke you didn't.
      Valid points, ofcourse. It's me.
      But i wasn't trying to make them "sloppy seconds". Most of the mentioned had careers both before and after both Blackmore & Iommi.
      I was just trying to philosophise and humorize over a coincindence between our favorite band and two bands/ a guitarist many here love.
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
        No shitstorm. As noone else've replied, they most likely got the joke you didn't.
        Valid points, ofcourse. It's me.
        But i wasn't trying to make them "sloppy seconds". Most of the mentioned had careers both before and after both Blackmore & Iommi.
        I was just trying to philosophise and humorize over a coincindence between our favorite band and two bands/ a guitarist many here love.
        Iommi is a huge admirer of Ritchie Blackmore (mentioned him once as one of his favorite guitar players) , its no secret he seemed to always keep an ear on what the man in black was doing/recording back in the 70's in particular , he was quite familiar and admirer of both RJD and Powell before they both got hooked up in Sabbath later in their careers.

Blackmore always had an eye for talent , no doubt about it.

Comment

You also see this in British sitcoms and films. The same few people keep showing up in all circles, maybe because they all know each other on that island.

Comment

But I wonder why you never saw much of a Maiden-Sab connection. At least not until Who Cares when Nicko teamed up with him.

I always wondered how Sabbath saw Maiden, as some kind of challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
              But I wonder why you never saw much of a Maiden-Sab connection. At least not until Who Cares when Nicko teamed up with him.

I've have always thought that there's been a generation gap between Sabbath and Maiden. I love both bands, but can't imagine them mixing so well together. Maiden is sort of 'arrogant' and more visual band than Sabbath.. Although I think that Bruce Dickinson's cover of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is great. I also think that Maiden is continuation of Judas Priest, which makes Sabbath as Maiden's grandfather
              Last edited by BlackAdder; 01-03-2016, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post

Seeing (hearing?) how Sabbats sound changed in 1980 there's no doubt they payed attention to what younger bands like Priest and Maiden were doing.

@I-M: Didn't even think about Powell, good call.

Would anyone like to see a Blackmore/Iommi duet album? Throw Page in there too, to get the big three of the early 70's...

Comment

... and Airey , Rondinelli (Bonnet ?) as well

Comment

The truth is they were damn good singers. Eddie Van Halen and Sammy Hagar admired the same auto mechanic!
                    Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Working...
                    X