Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your top 3 favorite instrumental or non-vocal track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your top 3 favorite instrumental or non-vocal track?

From any era of Sabbath... anything from the sublime Fluff or Orchid, the whackiness of Embryo, or anything such as E5I50 or Stonehenge?

Orchid
    Laguna Sunrise
    Fluff

Comment

Orchid
      Fluff
      Stonehenge

Ted

Comment

Rat salad

Fluff

Supertzar

I like most of the instrumentals. Don't start too late is superb in how it opens up SOTU. Same with orchid with Lord of this world. Most of them work and serve their place on the albums.

Comment

Rat Salad

Supertzar

Breakout
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Rat Salad
            Fluff
            Don't Start(Too Late)

Comment

Wasp
              Rat Salad
              Scarlet Pimpernel
              My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

E5150
                Break Out
                Don't Start (Too Late)
                Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Fluff
                  Laguna Sunrise
                  Scarlet Pimpernel

Comment

I would have included Supertzar but as it has vocals, I didn't.

Comment

Supertzar (Oh-Ohs don't count)
                      Scarlet Pimpernel
                      Rat Salad

Comment

1. Scarlet Pimpernel - Iommi's best instrumental, the perfect length, he didn't get too tedious like on Fluff and even to an extent, Laguna Sunsrise
                        2. Laguna Sunrise
                        3. Supertzar
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

I'm bit surprised that Fluff gets so much recognition here...i've always found it to be overlong and repetetive...

Anyways

1. Embryo
                          2. Scarlet Pimpernel (I'm truly glad that this one's been mentioned so often!)
                          3. E5150 / Orchid (this is a tie, both work extremely well as intros to the following songs but E5150 doubles also as the perfect concert intro tape!)

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            I'm bit surprised that Fluff gets so much recognition here...i've always found it to be overlong and repetetive...

Anyways

1. Embryo
                            2. Scarlet Pimpernel (I'm truly glad that this one's been mentioned so often!)
                            3. E5150 / Orchid (this is a tie, both work extremely well as intros to the following songs but E5150 doubles also as the perfect concert intro tape!)
                            Fluff is overlong, but I do think it is otherwise quite good, and I've never liked Orchid or Laguna Sunrise. Embryo is ok but nothing special. Fluff is where Iommi got his shit together as far as acoustic instrumentals is concerned.
                            Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

The Straightener
                              Luke's Wall
                              Scarlet Pimpernel
                              the massive guitar solo jam in the middle of "Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Working...
                              X