Ozzy Didn't enjoy Sabbath Reunion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen.

Ozzy's ad lib bellowing in the reunion eras was out of hand.
    Less is more.

Shows how big his fragile ego is there with the solos bit.

Wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
      http://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-wa...black-sabbath/
      Ozzy elaborates a bit here and claims Tony said to him “Don’t talk over my fucking solos”. Can’t say I disagree with Tony here..
      Man, Ozzy's so full of shit on this one. He knows what band he's in, he was there when they wrote and recorded the songs. And still he complains about the length and solos and stuff like that? Maybe should've spoke up about 40 years ago then....
      http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
      http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
      http://pike.bandcamp.com
      http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
      http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

I have a hard time believing Loudwire… I can't see Tony saying that and Tony's take was Ozzy was probably misquoted or taken out of text...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
          http://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-wa...black-sabbath/
          Ozzy elaborates a bit here and claims Tony said to him “Don’t talk over my fucking solos”. Can’t say I disagree with Tony here..
          Agreed. That's why they call it a SOLO, that is the focal point of the music at that moment so you don't need to hear someone screeming shit like "C'mon you fuckers."

Comment

No drugs for Ozzy.... right?
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

I didn't attend The End Tour, but the 13 Tour he seemed to have fun, who knows anymore?
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well I'm sure Tony and Geezer only did the 13 and End tours for the money, not the thrill of having to have Ozzy mumbling his way through the same bloody songs everynight.

They at least have the class to keep that to themselves, unlike grubby old Ozzy, who obviously resents not getting ALL the attention.
                Perpetually threatened and insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                  Well I'm sure Tony and Geezer only did the 13 and End tours for the money, not the thrill of having to have Ozzy mumbling his way through the same bloody songs everynight.

They at least have the class to keep that to themselves, unlike grubby old Ozzy, who obviously resents not getting ALL the attention.
                  Perpetually threatened and insecure.
                  Could it be T & G just wanted one last honor and hurrah with the band they started 50 years ago? You're not all Sharon looking for a cash-grab, you know

Comment

Despite everything Ozzy says he will end up on a stage with those 2 guys again at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                      Despite everything Ozzy says he will end up on a stage with those 2 guys again at some point.
                      It's sad things always have to come to this, but as you Sellingmysoul, I'm hoping they do as well and I'll even hope a little more that Bill joins them.

I won't trash Ozzy on this, he's just saying what he feels, maybe he shouldn't have made it public, or like Tony said, it was probably said or taken out of context.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        It's sad things always have to come to this, but as you Sellingmysoul, I'm hoping they do as well and I'll even hope a little more that Bill joins them.

I won't trash Ozzy on this, he's just saying what he feels, maybe he shouldn't have made it public, or like Tony said, it was probably said or taken out of context.
                        It's all good...I am so glad they made the 2 albums that they did and tour.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                          It's all good...I am so glad they made the 2 albums that they did and tour.
                          Me too Sellingmysoul, I'm grateful for that.

Comment

There are a couple of articles now about Ozzy supposedly not enjoying the Sabbath tour.

It's just a ridiculous thing to hear from a man who is partly responsible for bringing so much joy to the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who shelled out big sums of cash to go and see the band. I know Ozzy is probably the last person to be in touch with the common man these days - despite his origins - but even he should have a better sense of showmanship than to make public statements like that.

Ozzy (and Sharon... *sigh*) have made some of the worst decisions in music history, and I don't believe it's been to their benefit. I think Ozzy's charisma, voice and personality was always going to succeed, and I think if they had have taken a more decent and moral pathway he would be even bigger than he is. And I don't mean less partying, I mean less screwing over bandmates and associates. Ozzy could have been a beacon for camaraderie and fellowship.

As for not using Bill Ward on this tour and cutting his image out of the damn photos and publicity material - what dirtier deed was ever devised by a collegiate of musicians? There is not a single paying Black Sabbath fan who would have felt ripped off or disappointed if Bill Ward didn't play at 100% 1970 levels. I, and everyone else, would have been cheering madly for the guy even at 50%. If he missed a few hits here and there, all the cooler and more fun. As it was, having Tommy Clufetos on drums was ridiculous. Having Brad Wilk on drums for '13' was downright criminal in an environment where mistakes can be fixed and time can be taken if he tired out.

So for Ozzy to make these comments now about people as deserving of respect as Tony Iommi, who struggled all his life to keep the Sabbath dream alive, and Geezer Butler, who even joined Ozzy's solo band around the end of the 80s, I find it obscene and unforgivable. Not to mention egocentric with the whole "I could do what I wanted as a solo artist, but I was just a singer in Sabbath" nonsense. Just a singer in probably the most important rock n roll band outside The Beatles? How thankless. How undignified. Ozzy hasn't written more than a handful of lyrics and not a single riff in his life and that's the thanks guys like Iommi, Geezer and Bob Daisley get. What a crappy thing to think and say.

Poor form John Osbourne.
                            Last edited by Requiem; 11-16-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Bill requested his image be taken off of anything related to the tour but The photos on their website still has him cropped out. Should be updated. As for Ozzy and his “Sabbath were too serious” bit, yeah it was “serious”. It was the last tour. Tony should have told him not to talk period.

Comment

I think Ozzy said what he said without thinking and not to be taken as everyone's taking it, I think what the man meant was that in Sabbath he had to follow a routine a more serious one, as where in his solo act he could pretty much do what he wants as he's the boss.

I don't honestly think Ozzy meant that he had a bad time doing the Sabbath final tour and I truly believe that Ozzy isn't trying to badmouth his mates, perhaps he shouldn't have said anything, as there are always people out there waiting to take anything he says out of context or misconstrue what he says.

Without Sabbath there wouldn't be an Ozzy as we know him, and without Ozzy there wouldn't be a Black Sabbath as we know them, plain and simple, Ozzy was and is the voice that captured people's ears and the man and his stage presence captured people's hearts, at least this man sitting here typing these words.

Comment

Working...
                                X