Ozzy Didn't enjoy Sabbath Reunion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I think Ozzy said what he said without thinking and not to be taken as everyone's taking it, I think what the man meant was that in Sabbath he had to follow a routine a more serious one, as where in his solo act he could pretty much do what he wants as he's the boss.

I don't honestly think Ozzy meant that he had a bad time doing the Sabbath final tour and I truly believe that Ozzy isn't trying to badmouth his mates, perhaps he shouldn't have said anything, as there are always people out there waiting to take anything he says out of context or misconstrue what he says.

Without Sabbath there wouldn't be an Ozzy as we know him, and without Ozzy there wouldn't be a Black Sabbath as we know them, plain and simple, Ozzy was and is the voice that captured people's ears and the man and his stage presence captured people's hearts, at least this man sitting here typing these words.
    Geez dude, denial much?

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
      Geez dude, denial much?
      No denial at all Wheels, let's hope this just dies out and nothing else is made out of it.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        No denial at all Wheels, let's hope this just dies out and nothing else is made out of it.
        Just read a new article on Blabbermouth where Ozzy specifically states he did not enjoy working with Tony and Sabbath.

Out of context again?

Comment

Just read a new article on Blabbermouth where Ozzy specifically states he did not enjoy working with Tony and Sabbath.

Out of context again?
          Yup I just saw it too.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...im-not-really/

OZZY OSBOURNE On TONY IOMMI: 'Do I Like Working With Him? Not Really.'

Ozzy Osbourne says that he doesn't particularly enjoy collaborating with Tony Iommi even though he appreciates the BLACK SABBATH guitarist on a personal level. "Do I like working with him? Not really. Do I like him as a person? Yeah, I love him as a person," Osbourne told The Times in a new intervew. "But if people was to say to me, 'Was there a leader of BLACK SABBATH?' I'd have to say it was Tony Iommi, because without his guitar riffs, we'd be still sitting in fucking rehearsal with our thumbs up our arses going, 'What do we do now?'"

Osbourne also claimed that he has "moved on" from the band, and compared his relationship to the rest of SABBATH on their recent tour to reconnecting with a former girlfriend after several decades.

"I'll tell you what it was like. It's like when you're younger and you met a girl, Susie, and you break up and you don't see her for 30 years," he said. "Then she's in town and you go, 'Oh, I'll give Susie a call,' because your memory only remembers the good parts and you can narrow it then to a week and you go, 'I remember that week and it was lovely.' But then you go back and you go, 'I forgot the fucking four and three-quarter years I was fucking miserable.'"

Osbourne, who is currently on the road on his own farewell tour as a solo artist, described his current trek as "great fun." He explained: "I'm in control and it's so much better. I get more pleasure out of doing the gigs now."

Ozzy has said in some of his recent interviews that his last tour with BLACK SABBATH — the band's farewell trek which ended in February 2017 — was not a pleasant experience for him. "It's not allowed to have fucking fun with SABBATH," he told Rolling Stone. "It's too serious. Tony was trying to have a go at me, saying, 'Don't fucking talk over my solos.' I go, 'Okay, are you sure? 'Cause most of the fucking song is solos. The intro to the song is fuckin' five minutes and then I sing for about two seconds and then it's another one.' With my own thing, I'm looking to have fun, and that's what music's about for me. I'm not a serious fucking singer. I'm just a frontman who's trying to get the crowd going in front."

This past September, Ozzy told Philadelphia Inquirer that he "didn't have a great time" on SABBATH's final tour. He explained: "I spent nine or 10 years in SABBATH, but I'd been away from them for over 30 years. With them, I'm just a singer. With me, I get to do what I want to do. I was getting bad vibes from them for being Ozzy. I don't know — what the fuck else can I be?"

A couple of weeks after Ozzy's Philadelphia Inquirer interview was published, Iommi was asked by The List if he had a response to the singer's comments. Iommi said: "I saw that, but I don't know what he meant. I had a great time on the last tour playing with the guys, and Ozzy never mentioned anything to me. He seemed to enjoy it and we had a laugh, so I don't know. So I think possibly that quote was taken out of context."

Last month, Ozzy postponed the final four shows on his North American "No More Tours 2" after undergoing surgery for multiple infections in his right hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

“I’ve moved on”...until he does “Paranoid” in his solo set again.

Comment

I just Hope Tony records another album with a strong supporting cast.

Comment

Out of context again?
                What can I say Wheels? Ozzy is being honest and telling how he feels, nothing wrong with that, perhaps we all didn't need to know that, but he said it now, so it's said.

@ Maestro, thank you for posting the article.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Recently, Ozzy Osbourne commented on Black Sabbath's farewell tour, indicating that fun was not permissible onstage per Tony Iommi. But what about their working relationship overall? It turns out Osbourne doesn't enjoy that very much either.
                  "Do I like working with him? Not really," the singer told The Times in an interview (via Blabbermouth). It isn't all bad between the two, however, as Osbourne reflected, "Do I like him as a person? Yeah, I love him as a person," before acknowledging that Iommi was indeed the leader of Black Sabbath. "Without his guitar riffs, we'd be still sitting in fucking rehearsal with our thumbs up our arses going, 'What do we do now?'"

Expounding on this working relationship, the Prince of Darkness likened it to having fond memories of an ex-girlfriend. "It's like when you're younger and you met a girl, Susie, and you break up and you don't see her for 30 years. Then she's in town and you go, 'Oh, I'll give Susie a call,' because your memory only remembers the good parts and you can narrow it then to a week and you go, 'I remember that week and it was lovely.' But then you go back and you go, 'I forgot the fucking four and three-quarter years I was fucking miserable,'" he said.
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

So putting all this together it's beginning to sound like he did the final tours for the $$$. Shocker huh? If things were so awful why sign on for "The End" tour after such a miserable time on the "13" tour? $$$? Hmmm. For years this has seemed to be a recurring theme in the life of Ozzy and Sharon.

My respect for Ozzy has dwindled over the years, but this latest interview drops my respect to ZERO. Where do you get off disrespecting the people who helped make you who you are? Without them you'd probably still have that sign hanging in the music store "Ozzy Zig needs a Gig". Ozzy has turned into a heartless egotistical money grubber who cares about no one but himself. Is MEGALOMANIA setting in?

Comment

He likely wouldn't say this to Iommi's or Geezer's faces, but Ozzy has just become even more bitter. There's probably some resentment there, especially if his solo shows aren't pulling as big of a crowd as some of the Sabbath gigs were.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                        He likely wouldn't say this to Iommi's or Geezer's faces, but Ozzy has just become even more bitter. There's probably some resentment there, especially if his solo shows aren't pulling as big of a crowd as some of the Sabbath gigs were.
                        Good point Sweet. I wonder what kind of crowd he's been pulling on this tour.

Comment

Again, Ozzy tends to live in the moment. It is likely that his view was different while he was working and touring with Tony and Geezer. Now, he compares those special years to his current, more care-free lifestyle. The 13 album and tour, followed by the End tour, were filled with challenges and expectations.
                          1) The Bill drama
                          2) Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer working together on an album for the first time in 35 years
                          3) Tony's cancer diagnosis and treatment
                          4) The pressure to complete the 13 album and tour
                          5) The realization that they had all changed over the years. Separate managers, no pub time together, age, etc. They were no longer a group of young blokes struggling together to make it, then handling
                          their success. Later Sabbath configurations could never rival the magic and cohesiveness produced by Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill.
                          6) The End Tour and its meaning.

While I shake my head at Ozzy's recent comments, I do not believe Ozzy means any disrespect toward Tony and Geezer. He is once again sharing his current unfiltered thoughts. Ozzy is simply more comfortable with his solo routine.

Comment

I find it sort of funny how fans (and everyone actually) seems to fall to the very same PUBLICITY STUNTS every single time!

Two things to be put things into perspective :

1.If you read the full article/interview the headlines and Ozzy's words seems to be taken out of context, with that been said, with Sabbath Ozzy obviously had to step his game A LOT fronting a band with two monstrous legends as Iommi and Geezer! No doubt Ozzy became more consistent and much more professional with Sabbath's last run, I don't believe Iommi or Geezer were ever vocally demanding, its just the way they pull things of and Tony in particular, always had that leading/commanding figure in the band, as mentioned by 'The Sabman Cometh' , Ozzy is simply much more comfortable within the realms of his own solo band and must have felt pressured being part of a bigger entity with Sabbath.

2. 'Any publicity is good publicity', and it seems Ozzy's camp knows how to pull this off every single time he goes on tour! now whats the biggest headlines and talk among rock and Sabbath fans for the past 2 weeks or so? yes , its basically what Ozzy have been saying about Iommi and Sabbath or so, very controversial and yet keeps people busy and keeps Ozzy relevant on the headlines everywhere!

A similar reminder was that story of Ozzy cheating on Sharon back during 'The End' tour and those crazy rumors of them splitting at the time, yet and after being the #1 trend on almost every single media outlet for a whole week, surprise surprise , they came out with the MAJOR announcement and press release of celebrating 20 years of Ozzfest with Sabbath headlining the fest! and STILL people believed such stories and they seem to fall for it every single time!

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                              I find it sort of funny how fans (and everyone actually) seems to fall to the very same PUBLICITY STUNTS every single time!

Two things to be put things into perspective :

1.If you read the full article/interview the headlines and Ozzy's words seems to be taken out of context, with that been said, with Sabbath Ozzy obviously had to step his game A LOT fronting a band with two monstrous legends as Iommi and Geezer! No doubt Ozzy became more consistent and much more professional with Sabbath's last run, I don't believe Iommi or Geezer were ever vocally demanding, its just the way they pull things of and Tony in particular, always had that leading/commanding figure in the band, as mentioned by 'The Sabman Cometh' , Ozzy is simply much more comfortable within the realms of his own solo band and must have felt pressured being part of a bigger entity with Sabbath.

2. 'Any publicity is good publicity', and it seems Ozzy's camp knows how to pull this off every single time he goes on tour! now whats the biggest headlines and talk among rock and Sabbath fans for the past 2 weeks or so? yes , its basically what Ozzy have been saying about Iommi and Sabbath or so, very controversial and yet keeps people busy and keeps Ozzy relevant on the headlines everywhere!

A similar reminder was that story of Ozzy cheating on Sharon back during 'The End' tour and those crazy rumors of them splitting at the time, yet and after being the #1 trend on almost every single media outlet for a whole week, surprise surprise , they came out with the MAJOR announcement and press release of celebrating 20 years of Ozzfest with Sabbath headlining the fest! and STILL people believed such stories and they seem to fall for it every single time!
                              Problem is , as I said in the Oz Era thread ... in or out of context , on purpose or accident , publicity (as Ronn had suggested) or not - Ozzy just can't make statements like these , even as innocent as they are (the guys are NOT at odds) , it's just common sense to leave something like this alone ... it's wrong to do , and does not look good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                Problem is , as I said in the Oz Era thread ... in or out of context , on purpose or accident , publicity (as Ronn had suggested) or not - Ozzy just can't make statements like these , even as innocent as they are (the guys are NOT at odds) , it's just common sense to leave something like this alone ... it's wrong to do , and does not look good at all.
                                I agree with everything you said Doc except the "innocent" part. These are all thoughts that are floating around in Ozzy's head and sometimes he brings some of them out and ends up disrespecting someone. This wasn't a one shot deal. This pattern of behavior has been well documented. And I don't buy the publicity angle either. He's pissed off a lot of people in the past but sooner or later you get what you give.

Comment

Working...
                                X