Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy Didn't enjoy Sabbath Reunion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy Didn't enjoy Sabbath Reunion.

Ozzy Osbourne said he didn’t enjoy his reunion with Black Sabbath during their final years, which culminated in a farewell show.
    The period opened with an announcement in 2011 that the four original members – Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward – were reuniting for a studio project and tour. Ward bowed out over a contract dispute, and the others released their last album, 13, in 2013, then went on to deliver their The End tour, before playing their final concert in their hometown of Birmingham, England, in February 2017.

"I didn't have a great time," Osbourne told the Philadelphia Inquirer in a new interview. “I spent nine or 10 years in Sabbath, but I'd been away from them for over 30 years. With them, I'm just a singer. With me, I get to do what I want to do. I was getting bad vibes from them for being Ozzy. I don't know, what the fuck else can I be?”
    “Being Ozzy” included his reality TV series The Osbournes, which exposed him to audiences beyond the rock world. “I'm just a zany ham," he said. “People tell me I sold out, that it's not heavy metal, it's not cool. I don't agree. It's all entertainment. You got to be mad if you turn down that kind of dough.”
    Osbourne noted that while he's gotten older, "the audience seems to have stayed the same. I see fathers and sons and grandsons. I got a thank-you card about three days ago from a 70-something-year-old woman saying, 'You might not believe me but I love going to your concerts with my son.' It makes you feel weird. I've replaced Bing Crosby and all them, I have.”

He’s currently on the road with No More Tours 2, which he’d previously said didn’t mean he was planning retirement. “What I'm stopping is doing what I'm doing now, going around the world all the time," he reiterated. "I wish people would understand I'm not retiring. Is it my bad English accent? It's called the 'No More Tours' tour. It doesn't say 'No more tours ever.’
    “I've got grandchildren that I want to spend time with," he added. "I never spent that much time with my own kids. But I don't punch a card every morning. This is not my job; it's my passion. It's been the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life."

Thanks for the great article Sellingmysoul, it is heartfelt and I feel Ozzy knew it wasn’t the same as when they were four young lads from Birmingham, it was just business and money, no love or camaraderie anymore, perhaps he feels bad for what happened with the Bill deal.

I didn’t sense the happiness in Ozzy, the joviality, the engagement he usually has with the audience in his The End performances, I felt that and it saddened me as it saddens you when you’ve lost a loved one and Sabbath is a loved one to me, I mean this from my heart.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 09-12-2018, 07:10 PM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Ozzy's a morose wanker.

Note that he is passionate about $$$.

He sounded bored and uninspired on 13.

Comment

The 13 tour was excellent
        Ozzy needs some milk and cookies

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          Thanks for the great article Sellingmysoul, it is heartfelt and I feel Ozzy knew it wasn’t the same as when they were four young lads from Birmingham, it was just business and money, no love or camaraderie anymore, perhaps he feels bad for what happened with the Bill deal.

I didn’t sense the happiness in Ozzy, the joviality, the engagement he usually has with the audience in his The End performances, I felt that and it saddened me as it saddens you when you’ve lost a loved one and Sabbath is a loved one to me, I mean this from my heart.
          Absolutely OzzyisDio, They probably enjoyed making the new album more than anything,but I am sure for the guys not having Bill there it was not the same. Hopefully before it's too late OZ and Bill can make peace with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
            The 13 tour was excellent
            Ozzy needs some milk and cookies
            Lol, Ronn! Yes the 13 Tour was excellent, one of the best times I had at a show.

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
            Ozzy's a morose wanker.

Note that he is passionate about $$$.

He sounded bored and uninspired on 13.
            I don’t think Ozzy sounded bored and uninspired, love 13, the only thing missing is Bill.
            Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
            Absolutely OzzyisDio, They probably enjoyed making the new album more than anything,but I am sure for the guys not having Bill there it was not the same. Hopefully before it's too late OZ and Bill can make peace with each other.
            I agree Sellingmysoul, they enjoyed making 13, finishing their Sabbath career without Bill most likely got to all of them, probably Ozzy the most, as Bill was always loyal to him and said many of times he couldn’t do the Sabbath thing without Ozzy.

As I stated in my post above, it really saddened me, and was the reason I didn’t attend The End Tour, it just didn’t seem right without Bill, I’m lucky to have seen the original four in concert a few times, and every time Bill got introduced, he always got the loudest cheer.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I saw about this yesterday. Seems like it came out of nowhere. I was under the impression they had a great time together, both on the "13" tour as well as "The End". Pity it always comes to this. Why can't they just get along?
              http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
              http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
              http://pike.bandcamp.com
              http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
              http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

Why would Ozzy be upset Bill wasnt there?
                Thats ridiculous OID.
                They gave Bill the royal Osbourne treatment we have all seen before, right down to cutting his picture out.

All that loyalty to Ozzy didnt mean shit in the end, they fucked Bill over without a qualm.
                Look at how quickly Ozzy got nasty in the press regarding Bill.
                Tony and Geezer have been on the end of it too, look at all the shit they talked about Tony.

Ozzy and his wife are shit people.

Shit
                Last edited by Wheels Of Confusion; 09-13-2018, 08:14 AM. Reason: shit

Comment

I don't really know what to make of this news. On one hand, doesn't seem too surprising to me that Ozzy didn't enjoy the 13/The End tours given what I read in the OP. On the other, I went to one of The End tour shows (my first and only Black Sabbath show), and there at least, the band seemed passionate and thriving in their performance. Hmmm...

I’m lucky to have seen the original four in concert a few times, and every time Bill got introduced, he always got the loudest cheer.
                  Lucky you! Must've been exhilarating experiences each and every time! That's cool that Bill got the loudest cheer every time he got introduced :]
                  ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                  and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                    Why would Ozzy be upset Bill wasnt there?
                    Thats ridiculous OID.
                    They gave Bill the royal Osbourne treatment we have all seen before, right down to cutting his picture out.

All that loyalty to Ozzy didnt mean shit in the end, they fucked Bill over without a qualm.
                    Look at how quickly Ozzy got nasty in the press regarding Bill.
                    Tony and Geezer have been on the end of it too, look at all the shit they talked about Tony.
                    Deep down inside Ozzy feels bad I know it, love Bill and defended him on here, you should know that, but in all reality Ozzy only retaliated and went to the press when Bill aired his dirty laundry out in public regarding Ozzy, force is met with force Wheels.

Tony and Geezer talked shit about Tony? Tony Martin you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post

Lucky you! Must've been exhilarating experiences each and every time! That's cool that Bill got the loudest cheer every time he got introduced :]
                      Yes very lucky and loved it each time , Bill is loved.

Comment

Yes very lucky and loved it each time , Bill is loved.
                        He sure is and I wish I had got to see Bill play when I had the chance, hopefully he releases some new music in the future.

Comment

they're different people now... Geezer and Ozzy don't party...Iommi likes to have drink and a smoke now and then and a line probably... I don't buy Ozzy not having any fun on the final tour...
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                            they're different people now... Geezer and Ozzy don't party...Iommi likes to have drink and a smoke now and then and a line probably... I don't buy Ozzy not having any fun on the final tour...
                            I'm sure he had some fun Wicked, but at least to me by seeing the concert movie and hearing The End live shows, which I have the official releases and bootlegs, you can tell something is missing from Ozzy, I think that something is the camaraderie they once had and Bill not finishing the show with them, those are my thoughts.

Comment

http://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-wa...black-sabbath/
                              Ozzy elaborates a bit here and claims Tony said to him “Don’t talk over my fucking solos”. Can’t say I disagree with Tony here..

Comment

Working...
                              X