Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has to be in the band for you to accept it as Black Sabbath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    My good brother opinions are like "assholes" , everyone's got one ,, block out the noise and focus on the facts -

Axl is trying to build a "legacy" ,, IOMMI is a legacy.

Founding members of a band are just that , founding members - When they go they go - "Fly By Night" thro "Clockwork Angels" are every bit a Rush album as the album "Rush" , even with Rutsey gone.

Paranoid is every bit a Sabbath album as Cross Purposes , and deserves to be.

Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi is an AKA (One in the same).

The Devil You Know - vs one you don't , the answer is in the statement , "The Devil WE Know" is Black Sabbath , which becomes one in the same , ie) AKA , with the definition - IOMMI = THE founding member , featuring member , The Devil You Know.

"War Pigs" , "Heaven n Hell" , "Zero The Hero" , "Seventh Star" , "Headless Cross" - have ALL appeared on BLACK SABBATH Tribute albums ,, they ALL have ONLY ONE THING in common - The Devil You Know , AKA , featuring , THE founding member - IOMMI.

Imagine a TRIBUTE album doing so well that they release a second and third version , then imagine that same tribute album is actually a GOLD RECORD because it has sold so well , the pubic is smart ..... now IMAGINE THAT SAME tribute album is a TRIBUTE to BLACK SABBATH - and has all various artists on it paying respect to that one single "legacy" , and NOW imagine that SAME album having Ozzy , Geezer and Bill on it (as it should , no one appears on their own tribute album rite? , that would be silly , because they also must pay respect to their favorite artist) ,,, those albums exist , and are called "Nativity In Black" , paying tribute to the man - MR. BLACK SABBATH himself , aka IOMMI.

Ya 27 impeccable Sabbath studio releases later and Iommi is still Sabbath , if he plays it - well then it's Sabbath , if your lucky enough to appear with him (Geezer , Ozzy , Deborah Anne Dyer , Simon Wright) well then "for a moment" your part of HIS legacy , and because of that - your part of BLACK SABBATH.

God Bless Sabbath maniacs , time to go listen to some Sabbath , I'm thinking one of their absolute most brilliant masterpieces - "GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN"!
    Damn straight! \m/
    Your a sabbath maven doc!

Comment

Founding members of a band are just that , founding members - When they go they go - "Fly By Night" thro "Clockwork Angels" are every bit a Rush album as the album "Rush" , even with Rutsey gone.

Objectively, this "argument" is at best, moot. And at worst, ridiculous. ...

The original Rush (with drummer John Rutsey) lasted one album and were hardly known in early 1974. The definitive lineup (with Peart behind the kit) lasted for 41 years and they slowly and successfully built their career with this same lineup. Rush epitomized true integrity and respectably concluded their career with, as I stated, its definitive lineup.

In other words, no assembly lines of musicians were allowed in Rush---- ever! And rightly so. They respected the band's name and their audience too much to pull something like that.

Sadly, the same can not be said about Black Sabbath, no matter how big a fan one is. Sorry, there's no comparison whatsoever to Rush. ...

Respect.
      Last edited by A Sabbath Historian; 12-23-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
        Objectively, this "argument" is at best, moot. And at worst, ridiculous. ...
        That's the point

Comment

Absolutely EXCELLENT , brilliant , amazing !! A top ten Sabbath gem - falling right between LORD OF THIS WORLD and GOODBYE LAMENT !!

https://youtu.be/JCJRq3Y9Seo .... love CHRISTmas , listened all wk! Doesn't get any better than this right here Sab maniacs!

Comment

Originally posted by Towelie View Post
            So the Cross Purposes lineup of Iommi, Martin and Butler doesn't count as Sabbath to you?
            Lmao! that would be as silly as saying rain dont count as water
            Cross Purposes and forbidden are two of my favorite Sabbath records

Absolutely EXCELLENT , brilliant , amazing !! A top ten Sabbath gem - falling right between LORD OF THIS WORLD and GOODBYE LAMENT !!

https://youtu.be/JCJRq3Y9Seo .... love CHRISTmas , listened all wk! Doesn't get any better than this right here Sab maniacs!
            Goodbye lament is fcking ridiculous doc, great choice \m/

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
              Lmao! that would be as silly as saying rain dont count as water
              Cross Purposes and forbidden are two of my favorite Sabbath records

Both are so underrated it adds to the incredible mystique behind these two top quality releases ... songs like "BACK TO EDEN" and the mid section of "RUSTY ANGELS" , are some of the best work in the Sabbath catalog ,, furthermore - The guitar solo's found on "DIEING FOR LOVE" , "BACK TO EDEN" and "GUILTY AS HELL" - are straight from the 1970s ,, brilliant!

Comment

Both are so underrated it adds to the incredible mystique behind these two top quality releases ... songs like "BACK TO EDEN" and the mid section of "RUSTY ANGELS" , are some of the best work in the Sabbath catalog ,, furthermore - The guitar solo's found on "DIEING FOR LOVE" , "BACK TO EDEN" and "GUILTY AS HELL" - are straight from the 1970s ,, brilliant!
                I love Forbidden. The mix gets a lot of heat but I never really disliked it. The Illusion Power is such a heavy tune. I love the guitar sound. So friggin heavy Doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                  I love Forbidden. The mix gets a lot of heat but I never really disliked it. The Illusion Power is such a heavy tune. I love the guitar sound. So friggin heavy Doc

From the moment I started getting into Martin/Sabbath, Forbidden was my favorite album, the mix never bothered me either, just like the Born Again mix doesn't bother me, but I am looking forward to the new remix, hopefully it has some new songs as bonuses.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    From the moment I started getting into Martin/Sabbath, Forbidden was my favorite album, the mix never bothered me either, just like the Born Again mix doesn't bother me, but I am looking forward to the new remix, hopefully it has some new songs as bonuses.
                    I heard a better mix of Born Again recently. I think it was called the “Haywood Edition”. I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube. Sounded better than what’s officially released.

Comment

Tony Iommi and the album released with the Black Sabbath name. My level of interest varies per the lineup accompanying Tony.

Doc, you Sabbath maniac! Comparing Paranoid with Cross purposes proves that Doc certainly plays with madness.

Comment

I heard a better mix of Born Again recently. I think it was called the “Haywood Edition”. I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube. Sounded better than what’s officially released.

I have The Fallen one with that song on it, I'll check it out Maestro, thanks for the heads up.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                          I have The Fallen one with that song on it, I'll check it out Maestro, thanks for the heads up.
                          Anytime OID

Comment

I couldn't find it on Youtube, but I did find a link to the Heywood Edition on Reddit.
                            https://www.reddit.com/r/blacksabbat...in_remastered/

Comment

Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
                              I couldn't find it on Youtube, but I did find a link to the Heywood Edition on Reddit.
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/blacksabbat...in_remastered/
                              “Haywood Edition” by far is my preferred version to listen to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I listened to the Heywood Edition last night, and I definitely prefer Hot Line to be towards the beginning of the album instead of the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X