Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has to be in the band for you to accept it as Black Sabbath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbathman
    replied
    I've always accepted and will accept every album and incarnation as Black Sabbath as long as Tony Iommi is there.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ala View Post

Doesn't even have to have the name Black Sabbath. We all know what Heaven & Hell really was, and I for one file their albums under "B" for Black Sabbath.
    So do I, everyone knows Heaven and Hell is Black Sabbath, those who don’t are lying to themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Ala
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricFuneral View Post
    Honestly, if it has the name Black Sabbath and at least Tony Iommi is playing guitar, then it's Sabbath.
    Doesn't even have to have the name Black Sabbath. We all know what Heaven & Hell really was, and I for one file their albums under "B" for Black Sabbath.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricFuneral
    replied
    Honestly, if it has the name Black Sabbath and at least Tony Iommi is playing guitar, then it's Sabbath.

I may not like certain albums(I'm not really big on the Tony Martin era) but they are still Black Sabbath albums, and are a part of the history of the band and you can't tell the story of Black Sabbath without including those different eras.

The only album I can kind of see one not accepting is Sabbath is Seventh Star, because if I recall correctly, Tony intended that to be his solo record, and it only came out as Sabbath due to record labels being record labels.

Leave a comment:

• Ala
    replied
    If Tony Iommi's in it, then it's Black Sabbath.

Leave a comment:

• Dante_Doomsday
    replied
    Yeah, I listened to the Heywood Edition last night, and I definitely prefer Hot Line to be towards the beginning of the album instead of the end.

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
    I couldn't find it on Youtube, but I did find a link to the Heywood Edition on Reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blacksabbat...in_remastered/
    “Haywood Edition” by far is my preferred version to listen to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dante_Doomsday
    replied
    Originally posted by maestro View Post
    I heard a better mix of Born Again recently. I think it was called the “Haywood Edition”. I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube. Sounded better than what’s officially released.
    I couldn't find it on Youtube, but I did find a link to the Heywood Edition on Reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blacksabbat...in_remastered/

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    I have The Fallen one with that song on it, I'll check it out Maestro, thanks for the heads up.
    Anytime OID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I heard a better mix of Born Again recently. I think it was called the “Haywood Edition”. I’m pretty sure it’s on YouTube. Sounded better than what’s officially released.

I have The Fallen one with that song on it, I'll check it out Maestro, thanks for the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• The Sabman Cometh
    replied
    Tony Iommi and the album released with the Black Sabbath name. My level of interest varies per the lineup accompanying Tony.

Doc, you Sabbath maniac! Comparing Paranoid with Cross purposes proves that Doc certainly plays with madness.

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    From the moment I started getting into Martin/Sabbath, Forbidden was my favorite album, the mix never bothered me either, just like the Born Again mix doesn't bother me, but I am looking forward to the new remix, hopefully it has some new songs as bonuses.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I love Forbidden. The mix gets a lot of heat but I never really disliked it. The Illusion Power is such a heavy tune. I love the guitar sound. So friggin heavy Doc

From the moment I started getting into Martin/Sabbath, Forbidden was my favorite album, the mix never bothered me either, just like the Born Again mix doesn't bother me, but I am looking forward to the new remix, hopefully it has some new songs as bonuses.

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Both are so underrated it adds to the incredible mystique behind these two top quality releases ... songs like "BACK TO EDEN" and the mid section of "RUSTY ANGELS" , are some of the best work in the Sabbath catalog ,, furthermore - The guitar solo's found on "DIEING FOR LOVE" , "BACK TO EDEN" and "GUILTY AS HELL" - are straight from the 1970s ,, brilliant!
    I love Forbidden. The mix gets a lot of heat but I never really disliked it. The Illusion Power is such a heavy tune. I love the guitar sound. So friggin heavy Doc

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by ronn View Post
    Lmao! that would be as silly as saying rain dont count as water
    Cross Purposes and forbidden are two of my favorite Sabbath records

Both are so underrated it adds to the incredible mystique behind these two top quality releases ... songs like "BACK TO EDEN" and the mid section of "RUSTY ANGELS" , are some of the best work in the Sabbath catalog ,, furthermore - The guitar solo's found on "DIEING FOR LOVE" , "BACK TO EDEN" and "GUILTY AS HELL" - are straight from the 1970s ,, brilliant!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X