Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Bill could perform for a Sabbath reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Bill could perform for a Sabbath reunion?

I was wondering what Sabbath fans think about Bill returning to Sabbath and being able to perform
    I think he could do a hand full of shows.

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    I was wondering what Sabbath fans think about Bill returning to Sabbath and being able to perform
    I think he could too...it's all a matter of the guys getting along to pull it off
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Maybe a handful of shows and not too long of a set list.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
        A nice thought, but still, to this day, going on 8 years since it all went down, Bill has yet to do anything beyond play a couple songs on a stage. There has been zero indication in any capacity that he'd pull off an entire live Sabbath set.
        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
          A nice thought, but still, to this day, going on 8 years since it all went down, Bill has yet to do anything beyond play a couple songs on a stage. There has been zero indication in any capacity that he'd pull off an entire live Sabbath set.
          I want to believe he can do a full set but I really donít know. Rumour had it during the 13 reunion talk the sabbath camp wanted another drummer to tour with the guys just in case. I think it would be a wise decision just in case should they do a mini tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
            I want to believe he can do a full set but I really don’t know. Rumour had it during the 13 reunion talk the sabbath camp wanted another drummer to tour with the guys just in case. I think it would be a wise decision just in case should they do a mini tour.
            Yes they were going to have Vinny Appice I believe, because he new all the old songs already, but Bill wouldn't go for it, that and the contract.

As much as I love Bill I don't think he can handle a full Sabbath set now, perhaps during the 13 shows back in 2013, but not now.

Drumming is the most physical requiring part of a band's playing, and Sabbath's music is no easy feat, Bill has been looking tired lately even when he talks he seems to be tired.

A small tour or a one off show with a short set list perhaps, but not a full on tour with a full set list.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Bill looked and sounded a little sluggish on the first reunion so I don't think he could of handled the 13 tour. I love Bill and he is one of my favorite drummers but I am glad he pulled out of touring with Sabbath. I wished he could of recorded 13 with the other three because his contribution would of made the album better.

Comment

Originally posted by BongRattlingGeezer View Post
                Bill looked and sounded a little sluggish on the first reunion so I don't think he could of handled the 13 tour. I love Bill and he is one of my favorite drummers but I am glad he pulled out of touring with Sabbath. I wished he could of recorded 13 with the other three because his contribution would of made the album better.
                I enjoyed seeing Bill during those reunions, did my heart good I got to see the original four.

It wasn’t the same without him for the 13 Tour when I saw them in Holmdel N.J., I still enjoyed the show but it wasn’t the same without Bill, that’s why I didn’t attend The End show.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  I enjoyed seeing Bill during those reunions, did my heart good I got to see the original four.

It wasnít the same without him for the 13 Tour when I saw them in Holmdel N.J., I still enjoyed the show but it wasnít the same without Bill, thatís why I didnít attend The End show.
                  Agreed. Those of us that have seen the Original line up are very lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All very good points from everyone here. It is tough to say I personally feel he could do a couple shows playing 14-15 songs , but he has not drummed a full gig since 2005, that is 15 years ago now. Hopefully those 4 guys end up on a stage together again. I would be happy to see DOE play but both Bill and Dewey Bragg have said that would not happen. I feel with Sabbath though he would do it.
                    Last edited by sellingmysoul; 01-04-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

No, unfortunately I don't believe Bill is up to it anymore.

However, Black Sabbath are finished (as a touring act at the very least) so it's not an issue now...and Bill has his own music to put out, which is at this point I believe is the best vehicle for Bill's creativity at this point in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X