Michael Bolton??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bolton??

"One of the candidates to replace Ozzy when he left in 1978 was Michael Bolotin, who would later change his name to Michael Bolton and sing soft rock. They went with Dio instead."

Is this true?

Is it the same Michael Bolton?

The only Michael Bolton I've heard about is this sissy romantic singer.

Re: Michael Bolton??

I think it's the same one. Anyway, what's done is done. Could have been funny though.
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

Comment

Michael Bolton was (is?) a great vocalist, with great range and power. The music that made him famous was a commercial shit, though. What a waste of talent!

Comment

I agree, a good singer who makes awful music. Has anyone ever heard the rock stuff he did before he went soft pop? I heard he was in a band with George Lynch at some point, I think it was called Black Jack or something.

Comment

I think I heard something about Michael Bolton on VH1 and how he was in Black Jack.

Forgot what show that was though.

Comment

20 least metal moments or something.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was "100 least metal moments", he was somewhere around 60 if I remember it right.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I agree, a good singer who makes awful music. Has anyone ever heard the rock stuff he did before he went soft pop? I heard he was in a band with George Lynch at some point, I think it was called Black Jack or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Black Jack was a late 70's hard rock/heavy metal band that Michael was the singer of, under his real last name. They went on to release two albums in '78 & '80. But it wasn't George Lynch who was in the band, it was Bruce Kulick, later of KISS.

Anyways, he does have some great pipes. But i think it's very disagreable that the music he made is crap. I'm not a fan of his music, but i don't think he would've sold so many albums or gotten so popular/famous if he had made crap. He hasn't done much in recent years though...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Black Jack was a late 70's hard rock/heavy metal band that Michael was the singer of, under his real last name. They went on to release two albums in '78 & '80. But it wasn't George Lynch who was in the band, it was Bruce Kulick, later of KISS.

Anyways, he does have some great pipes. But i think it's very disagreable that the music he made is crap. I'm not a fan of his music, but i don't think he would've sold so many albums or gotten so popular/famous if he had made crap. He hasn't done much in recent years though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I should clarify that I personally find it awfful. Then again, I haven't heard much of it so I shouldn't judge. Someone must like it for him to have been so successful.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was "100 least metal moments", he was somewhere around 60 if I remember it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was "40 Least Metal Moments" and he was number 10.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_gre...red_copy.jhtml

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was "40 Least Metal Moments" and he was number 10.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_gre...red_copy.jhtml

[/ QUOTE ]

You actually researched it? does it really matter?

Comment

lol Someone has alot of time on their hands..

Comment

As much as Michael Bolton has a "vomit" reputation with Rock people, if you listen to some of his earliest recordings, he's not all that bad.

His voice is fine. It's his choice of music that's half-digested food inducing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            As much as Michael Bolton has a "vomit" reputation with Rock people, if you listen to some of his earliest recordings, he's not all that bad.

His voice is fine. It's his choice of music that's half-digested food inducing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, Bolton's got some major pipes and could've easily had a career in hard rock or heavy metal rather than adult contemporary had he wanted to, with the voice he has. He even use too look like a rocker back in the day.

That's the cover of his 1983 S/T album and he looks like a rocker there to me. Shoot, he even kinda looks like David Lee Roth in that picture.

Comment

In the Never Say Die book Geoff Nichols said that Michael Bolton sent a demo tape for Black Sabbath when they were looking for a new singer after Dio left the first time.
                              Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

Working...
                              X