Clear All

Re: Favorite Sabbath Member

A tie between Tony Iommi and Ozzy Osbourne

Comment

Tony Iommi, for his determination.....35 or so years and
      you talk with people about Rock or Metal and You see the
      Cross and you hear the Riffs and you think of Tony stood
      stock still dressed in black playing so carefully and thoughtfully and still sending audiences over the top with
      the music...now that is ROCK AND ROLL ...sometimes I listen
      to Sabbath, as I have done for 2 decades.. hear that familiar sound..and tears of joy spread across my eyes.....
      this music is so special...and I'm so proud to love it...
      and thanks to Tony's detemination it still lives, still sells records........amazing!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Ozzy. He cracks me up

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more.
        I'm just a man and I am what I am,
        Nobody will ever change my ways.

Comment

Tony Iommi, my favorite guitarplayer in this world

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Ozzy. the end [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking about the same Ozzy? The Ozzy who took out the life from Sabbath when he rejoined the band? Because of whom it has been 11 years since the last studio album? He is your favourite person in the band?
            Oh, now I get it! Ozzy = the end! Yes, now I understand!
            Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Geezer Butler.

I'm a bassist myself and Geezer's a huge influence on me, and I also admire him for making the music he wants to make without worrying about record sales or any particular audience. He could easily cash in by making a solo album in the Sabbath vein, but he'd rather make music which he likes himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

True true. I am also a bassist and Geezer Butler is amazing. His Bassically (bass solo at the beginning of N.I.B.) really did it for me. I don't know why Geezer doesn't write some of his stuff he wrote for Sabbath in the early years. He should try it out see how it sells. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
              -rar

Comment

Cozy Powell

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we talking about the same Ozzy? The Ozzy who took out the life from Sabbath when he rejoined the band? Because of whom it has been 11 years since the last studio album? He is your favourite person in the band?

[/ QUOTE ]

he put the life INTO sabbath in the first place. if you want to soley blame ozzy for them not releasing a solo album in 11 years be my guest but i feel it is somewhat a deluded opinion

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is, he`s always been and probably will be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don`t have a problem that there hasn`t been an album for so long. Nothing will change my feelings about him. "Took out the life from Sabbath when he rejoined the band" ? I don`t know what you mean.

Comment

I sense a good space for people like myself and Racer to say what we're thinking of that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But, this has been told and re-told countless times...

Simple put, we just got a different view on that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Like, 1985-1995: 7 albums.
                      1996-2006: how many?
                      "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Nicely put, rover.

Comment

All true, remarkably. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          I sense a flame war coming again! Been a while since the last one, and guess we got bored a bit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Ozzy isn't the only guy that doesn't want to do an album. Geezer isn't hopping at the prospect either. And Bill doesn't wanna do one unless Ozzy's there.
                            So it's not just Ozzy.

Comment

But Geezer has said before that he would play on any new Sabbath album, but without contributing any writing duties, and as you say, Bill would play if Ozzy was there. Therefore, I think Ozzy can be contributed to us not having had a Sabbath studio album over the last decade.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, i'm just saying it like it is.

Comment

Hey man, I ain't flamming ya. Just discussing.
                                And yeah, Ozzy contributes to the fact that there's no Sabbath album. Geezer's not wanting to write anything does as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X