Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Favorite Sabbath Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Sabbath Member

I was watching something about The Beatles and it was talking about how alot of people's favorite beatle is John Lennon. It made me kinda think of which Sabbath member was my favorite.

My favorite is probably Bill Ward because we have alot of things in common.What's your guy's favorite?

Re: Favorite Sabbath Member

Being a guitar player it would be Tony. I had heard Led Zeppelin, Iron Butterfly, Steppenwolf, etc. But I wasn't inspired to pick up the guitar until I heard Black Sabbath and Tonys guitar work on those songs.

TS

Comment

Geoff Nicholls.

Comment

Probably one of the Tony's. But I love almost every Sab and former Sab.

Comment

Tony Iommi. He is determined, conquered a problem that most people would have gave up, created his own musical style, is left handed (me too) and seems to be a nice chap.

Only differences are that my fingers are harmless and i'm much poorer than he is. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And all the others Sabs are references to me. Cool guys.

BLACK SABBATH FOREVER!

Comment

Tony Iommi. Him playing N.I.B changed my life because it introduced me to rock and metal music. Even though i forget about him sometimes, he started everything for me, listening to music, playing music, and loving music.

Comment

Tony Iommi with Geezer in a very close second.

Comment

bill

having lived not only through drugs but also a heart attack and some other very real life expeiriances. also, a real down to earth nice guy, had a good influence on the rest of the band in the early years

Comment

Bill Ward and Tony Iommi for many reasons.

Comment

Tony Iommi - so obviously that I almost wish this topic was titled "Favourite Sabbath Member apart from Tony Iommi". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    Second place, a tie between Geoff and Tony M.
                    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Tony Iommi

it was, after all, him who introduced me to what i now consider my life, that being rock n roll (with hard rock/heave metal as subgenres but you get what i mean)

LONG LIVE THE SABS!!!

Comment

Definately Tony. His doomy sound and lower tunings are what inspire alot of things I come up with by myself on my guitar. As well as my own style of course.

Comment

Geezer Butler.

I'm a bassist myself and Geezer's a huge influence on me, and I also admire him for making the music he wants to make without worrying about record sales or any particular audience. He could easily cash in by making a solo album in the Sabbath vein, but he'd rather make music which he likes himself.
                          http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Satan
                            Do you want to encourage the Sabb Four to release a studio, demo, or official live version of "Scary Dreams" (the thus far unreleased song they debuted/performed live during their 2001 Ozzfest tour)? If so, consider becoming a fan of Scary Dreams on facebook by clicking the below link:

https://www.facebook.com/blacksabbathscarydreams

Comment

Either Tony or Ozzy, I can't decied, these two make a great team
                              Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Working...
                              X