Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

what got you into sabbath????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what got you into sabbath????????

Several years back I got into Black Sabbath, I was always a big Dio fan, then the Dehumanizer album came out, I picked it up, and was blown away. To this day it's one of my favorite albums ever, after hearing those opening lines as little kid on Computer God, I was hooked...

After that I bought "Heaven and Hell" then later "Mob Rules" and "Live Evil." Then the whole Tony Martin reunion thing happened, I got into him. Now I may even love his vocals more than Dio! I gradually have bought all the ozzy stuff, but I don't like it as much.

So to answer this thread it was Dio, Dehumanizer, and Computer God that hooked me! I have been a sab fan ever since!

Comment

Through my dad who owned their first record on vinyl.

Comment

Speak of the Devil, well not really true Black Sabbath, but they were the songs, and that's all that matters. Kenny G could do a cover of a Black Sabbath song and I'd probably like it.

Comment

A school friend's brother left him his 1970's early '80s
          record collection, to look after when he joined the R.A.F. In this collection were all the big bands
          of that era, Purple, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Uriah heep, Free,
          Wishbone Ash, Nazareth, April Wine, Emerson Lake & Palmer,
          Alice Cooper, Rainbow, Paice Ashton & Lord etc...
          Boy, did me and my friend have fun with the tape recorder!!
          we didn't like the music of the Mid 1980's (oh yeah, Judas Priest and Rush were there too!!) and we thought that these bands were so cool....Purple..Sabbath..Zeppelin..in a few
          months became my favourites.......and now I live knee deep
          in my own music collection, and it is no small thing to say
          that my friend's brothers music changed my outlook on life
          I've played, still playing in Bands, seen loads of Concerts
          and become a College Music Teacher...I reckon that old record collection did me a favour!!!!!

Comment

A Radio Station Playing "Digital Bitch" Back When It First Came Out In '83, So I Was About Sixteen. I Didn't Get Into Sabbath Until I Was Already Into Metal... My Older Brother(Who Also Got Me Into Judas Priest) Had Several Ozzy-Era Sabbath Albums That I Began To Listen To. And Throughout the 1980's I Got More And More Into That Post-Ozzy Era Of Sabbath Which Is Why I Like It Better Than The Ozzy Era.

Comment

my father, he is also a sabbath fan

Comment

You will laugh but it's Busta Rhymes ( or some kind of gangsta rapper ) who made a remake of Iron Man... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif[/img] with rap on the riff... Very ''yark'' but I said '' oh the riff is good! '' and my father to say:'' it's from Iron Man of a band named Black Sabbath!'' So at the Christmas of my 15years old my big brother gave me the Paranoid album and I just felt in love with Sabbath... and so I bought (or received) all the ozzy-era albums! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love.gif[/img]

Comment

Hohohohohoooo
                  1.Osbournes
                  2.Ozzy solo
                  3.Sabbath

Comment

I found Sabbath Bloody Sabbath-cassette from library and took it home. I was a bit sceptical for it first, because those days I was a typical teen and listened only "mainstream" bands. But when I put the cassette on my player, it just blew my mind. I've been a fan ever since. I think this happened during the winter of 1993/1994, when I was 15 or 16 years old.

Comment

I knew Iron Man ages ago. But it was only when I first heard Paranoid on my classic rock station (CHOM 97.7 FM for all you Quebecers here). It got me to buy Paranoid and Master of Reality with the next 2 months. I have been a fan since and have downloaded a few songs to sample to other eras (thanks to this site for getting me curious). Within a year of being a Sabbath fan I learned to love most of the Ozzy era (especially NSD), embrace the Dio years and allow the Martin albums to grow on me. Though I don't own all the albums officially, I can honestly say I never heard a Sabbath song I didn't like so far.

Comment

One Sunday morning in 1980 my friend Andrew and I had just come back from our Methodist Sunday School and for a dare we played his older brother's copy of 'We Sold Our Souls...'. In my house we listened to classical, welsh folk and chapel music so I'd heard very little popular music, certainly nothing to prepare me for 'Warpigs' - but I was hooked. Although I didn't become a massive Sabbath fan I did like a lot of bands that they had influenced such as Diamond Head and Shiva. Later I tended to be drawn to the more grandiose side of rock, mainly Rainbow, which brought me back to the Sabbath via Ronnie James Dio.

Recently I came back to my old LPs and have been filling in the blanks on eBay.

Comment

In my case I got into Sabbath thanks to Metallica. They did a cover of Sabbra Cadabra in 1998 and I simply loved those riffs, being curious about Sabbath. I bought a cheap early days collection (with Paranoid as only "classic"!) and I really got stuck with The Writ, besides I liked how eclectic they sounded. Not much time later, I bought SBS and when came home and played it, I knew that Iīd always be hooked on them. From then on I started to buy all their albums, and the Ozzy ones, becoming a big fan of any bandīs era.

Comment

I was a huge KISS fan back in 1976-79, then in the 8th grade a classmate turned me on to "We Sould Our Souls..".
                            The first song he played was Iron Man and I was hooked and I was hooked.

Comment

I was looking on ebay last year when I was 13 and I saw a Paranoid tape for about 2.50 euro inc postage, so I took a chance. Best bargain I ever got.

Comment

I became a Sabbath fan in 1970 when I first heard them.
                                [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X