what got you into sabbath????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what got you into sabbath????????

...How I became a freak you can resd in the "Smoke on the Water"-Thread... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

well, I don't really remember that well. I only remember the recent part, where I finally realized what the good music was (hard rock, heavy metal, older stuff though not so much the latest stuff) and I started listening to that sort. Then I discovered Black Sabbath, eventually realized Sabbath and Ozzy were different bands and I liked them both. I listened to Ozzy and got hooked on Randy Rhoads' amazing guitar playing and was an Ozzy fanatic for a little while. Then I started listening more to Heaven and Hell, and it brought me over to Sabbath more. I finally realized all of Sabbath was better than Ozzy solo.

I guess I could technically thank Dio for Heaven and Hell, even though I prefer the Ozzy Era as the only era over Dio.
      -rar

Comment

My father... Sins of the father...

Hehe, nah really.
        The whole thing started back in 1988 when I was approximately
        1 year old. My mother and father bought me a small stereo which they filled with fine loving music, for me to hear, while sleeping / resting / playing etc etc.
        But the cassetts was full of soft 80's music, and my father
        replaced the contents of the cassetts with Black Sabbath.
        It began when my father let me fall asleep to Black Sabbath.
        I have always listened to Sabbath, while my friends had child music in their freestyles, I had War Pigs. I can also remember
        that my father bought both Tyr, Dehumanizer and Cross Purposes back in the early to mid nineties, those were the times...
        Though My real fanatic interest in Tony Iommi and his music started back in 2002 or something.

Comment

i first heard the paranoid album from a friend,from then on...i was hoooked

Comment

My mom bought the Last Supper DVD when I was in 9th grade ... from the moment I heard "War Pigs", and later on when I heard, "Electric Funeral", the sounds of rock filled my head, and eventually I watched it myself and have never looked back since. ^ ^
            How could this poison be the dream of my soul
            How did my fantasies take complete control, yeah

Comment

I was 10 years old and at a friend's house. His older cousin had the first Sabbath album and played it constantly (we were stuck inside because of rain). It was probably the only copy of the record in Warwick, R.I. (where I lived at the time).

We thought my friend's cousin was cool, so we listened and actually liked it. A few weeks later he came by with Paranoid - a brand new release - and we were blown away. I asked for those recordings (my first two records) for Christmas and have kept up with Sabbath ever since. At 11 we took the bus to Providence to see Black Sabbath at the Palace Concert Theater (or Ocean State Theater ... it had a couple of different names). That was in 1971, and I haven't missed a Black Sabbath performance since.

God, I feel old [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

"Fused" actually. Kept hearing about this great album that Glenn Hughes was going to be on. (Big Purple fan!) Picked it up and totally fell for "Wasted Again." Within 2 months, I had bought every single Sabbath album. Love Ozzy, but find that I've retired those albums but am still listening to Dio, Gillan and Martin-fronted albums. And, oddly enough, not listening to "Fused" too much either at this point.

Comment

New guy here; I can remember the date. April 7,1970 and at my future Bro-in-laws house he was playing Black Sabbath. I was an avid fan of horror movies and was absolutely hooked at that time. Have been ever since.

Comment

Welcome, Lefty. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the early 80's I listened a lot to the Rainbow albums with Dio. I bought Live Evil beacuse it looked so cool and discovered Dio was the singer. So I began listening to the Dio albums with Sabbath and also continued with Dio solo album Holy Diver when it came out.
                      A friend of mine at school was an Ozzy-freak and he introduced me to the Sabbath albums with Ozzy and Ozzy's solo career.
                      Since then I've been a great fan of all Sabbath eras (except the Gillan and Hughes albums) and Ozzy's and Dio's solo careers.
                      God knows as your dognose

Comment

I was sitting with my friends in a pub. There was also a jukebox but nothing played. So I came to it and found Black Sabbath. I had heard about this band only that they played heavy metal. So I randomly choosed one song which totally hooked me to Sabbath...Sweet Leaf, the riffs were probably the heaviest I have ever heard and I liked it very much. Since then Black Sabbath is my most favourite band.

Comment

My friend had the Ozzy version of Ironman on a cassette tape. I loved it and looked up some sabbath stuff and here I am [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the early 80's when I was maybe around 11 or 12 years old I would hear Ozzy's Speak Of The Devil coming through my wall from my neighbor's bedroom. I would have to guess there was maybe 10 inches separating our room’s cause the music came through loud and clear. I loved it and looked forward to it at bedtime every night. I ‘m pretty sure he was playing it loud cause he was having sex with his girlfriend. Nevertheless, that was my first real and personal introduction to Ozzy and Sabbath...I was hooked. I went and borrowed Bark at the Moon when it came out from a friend and taped it, my parents would not allow me to buy records just yet. Soon after, I joined the Ozzy fan club. I bought my first Sabbath album Sabotage on cassette a couple of years later and it has remained one of my all-time favorites only behind Pink Floyd's The Wall. Actually, I have a tough time deciding the aforementioned albums and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as my all-time favorite but that's a whole different other story. Anyway, every time I listen to Speak Of The Devil it brings back a lot of memories as a kid hanging out on the steps listening to Asia, The Doors, Zeppelin and of course Black Sabbath and Ozzy on the boom box. Time sure has gone by pretty fast.

Comment

I was into rap when I was 13 or so.
                              I found Paranoid by Black Sabbath in the library. The name, Black Sabbath, made me think it was some kinda urban rap group, so I rented the CD. The second I put it on, I was hooked. It was like God entering my life.

Comment

Ozzy’s Speak Of The Devil got me into Sabbath, once I listened to the originals, from there on end I was hooked.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X