Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

what got you into sabbath????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what got you into sabbath????????

What got me into them is walpurgis from the ozzman cometh and then I got on media player and listened to children of the grave, electric funeral, cornucopia,sabbath bloody sabbath. Out of all of these sabbath bloody sabbath got me into them more than anything. I loved the dark ending. Then I listened to paranoid and ironman. Ever since I have been a fan.

Re: what got you into sabbath????????

I got into Black Sabbath through a Heavy Metal compilation cd in 1996 off of a mag called Showbizz from here Brasil.

The bands were Black Sabbath, Venom, Uriah Heep, Wasp, Psycho Motel , The Almighty, Motorhead and Helloween.

The first three songs were the Sabbath tunes and in order they were Symptom Of The Universe, Neon Knights and Trashed. I liked the Sabbath tunes, but i was more into Uriah Heep and Motorehead songs on the cd.

But there was a store to rent cd's in my city and i went there and just came across Black Sabbath Forever compilation and there was all the classics. I rented it, got home and when i put the cd to play, the first song was Black Sabbath and that rain and bells i was wondering what would come.

When i heard that riff and the next song i think was Iron Man, i just got to say that it changed my life really.

BLACK SABBATH FOREVER!

Comment

It's MASTER OF REALITY and INTO THE VOID at 12 years old! I'm 41 now! lol You know, at that time at school,we were just 4 or 5 who loved SABBATH fanatically! All the others were into GENESIS, YES and a bit ZEPPELIN...But the great majority were GENESIS FANS! I remember that they said:" SABBATH?? it's too heavy...And you know what??? I'm again like i was at 12.... FANATIC! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sad to say....The Osbournes...

The Osbournes -> Ozzy -> Sabbath
        "I want to tell you, yeah
        How Good It Feels
        Sleeping here with you tonight
        And thats for real"
        -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Primus' version of N.I.B. with Ozzy singing. I thought the song kicked major amounts of ass, and didnt learn until quite some time later that it wasnt the Sabbath version!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's not important! So long as you know the music of SABBATH,it's the main object!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I always thought Ozzy was hilarious and once I learned he was in a band I just had to check it out. My dad bought Paranoid for me, popped it in and put on Iron Man and I didn't realize until a few weeks later what I had just heard (I was heavy into rap/hip hop at the time so I didn't pay too much attention). Heck, the first time I heard Iron Man I thought the first line was "Ozzy lost his mind" haha.

I then proceeded to go through a 7 month stint where I only listened to Sabbath, brought my cd count up to 6 (including a greatest hits cd I traded to my dad for official ownership of Paranoid), and it all went from there.

Comment

2 words

Iron

man

Comment

I visited a DIO gig here, and since I heard that Dio was in Black Sabbath, I decided to check out this music (I already had some Rainbow albums by that time, as I was into Deep Purple). Dunno why I bought the first album and Vol.4 instead of going straight for Heaven and Hell, but I did. I liked the music, and even the vocals somehow. When I found Heaven and Hell and all the stuff beyond, well that was it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's not important! So long as you know the music of SABBATH,it's the main object!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Couldn't agree anymore.

For me, I remember hearing Iron Man on the radio when I was 10. I was coming back from soccer and I had a concussion and that song came on the radio. It was one of those songs I remembered perfectly even though I heard it only once. A short time after, I heard Crazy Train on the radio. I hated it, LOL.

I then saw his Behind the Music at 11 or 12 and really fell in love with him and the music. I was way more into Sabbath than Ozzy Osbourne. I really thought Crazy Train sucked hardcore. I didn't get into his music into a lot later.

After seeing his BTM, I went out and got Paranoid. I downloaded a bunch of their stuff on Kazaa and then I bought the Black Box in 2004.

And here I am today. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sad to say it, but The Osbournes, bot me and dad were like yeah i wouldnt mind hearing some of Ozzy's music, i heard paranoid from the queens concert, then saw a dvd of the sabbath story, bought it, then reunion, then the black box, and more ozzy stuff after that...... tv works man, i thank sharon for commin up with that, cause now im a sabbath/sabbath related solos fan!
                      SDMF - CEMS for life!

Comment

I got into hard rock/heavy metal in 1983 when I was 12. Led Zeppelin started it all for me. I was also heavily into AC/DC and Iron Maiden at this point.

I'd heard a bit of Sabbath before, but what really got me into them was hearing the song "Black Sabbath" for the first time at my friend's house. His cousin had taped him the first album and he pressed the play button on his tape player and enthusiastically said to me, "Listen to this!"

I got a copy of the first album done too, and went out the following weekend and bought "Paranoid".
                        >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                        SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                        YR CPTIN SPEKING
                        YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

It began with Ozzy, i saw one of his videos on TV, then i got Ozzman Cometh, after a few months i started to like Black Sabbath and Valpurgis/War Pigs.
                          I saw on the web after War Pigs and found Paranoid (album), ordered it and was totally chained to Black Sabbath.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Same with me except put paranoid album between Ozzy and Sabbath
                            Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was sort of the same thing for me. Although I had listened to Black Sabbath when I was younger and really liked them, I had forgotten about them. The Osbournes really made me think "Hey, that's the guy who sang in Black Sabbath!" So I dug out my dads old Black sabbath compilation and listened to it. It was awesome and I remembered how much I had liked them. When I started to listen to Sabbath again, I also started to discover Ozzy's music and for a period I enoyed his music more than Sabbath, probobly becaus it's more easy to listen to and more comersially/mainstream sounding.

So for me it would look a bit like this:

Black Sabbath -> Nothing -> The Osbournes -> Black Sabbath -> Ozzy -> Black Sabbath [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X