X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iommi: "If Ronnie was alive, I’d probably be doing something with him now.”

Great interview with the Iron Man himself:

​​​​​​https://chaospin.com/tony-iommi-inte...bbath-concert/

Goes to show how stimulating the reborn H&H and that era was them after being a greatest hits jukebox for the last decade. I doubt we'd have '13' without 'TDYK'.

Also mentions the possibility of one-off Sabbath shows among plethora of other stuff:

“I think that it would be good if we could do that. The hard thing is, certainly with the band, because it’s such a big thing, you can’t just do an occasional show, because of the crew, and you have the whole setup. It would have to be a year or an 18-month tour… I’m not opposed to doing anything; I just would do it in a different way.”
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

In my opinion, I think that Ronnie would have finally put the Dio band to rest to continue with Heaven & Hell.

Privately, I think he knew Iommi, Butler, and Appice brought the best out of him in a way that he could never duplicate on his own. Never!

Ronnie James Dio …...R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
      In my opinion, I think that Ronnie would have finally put the Dio band to rest to continue with Heaven & Hell.

Privately, I think he knew Iommi, Butler, and Appice brought the best out of him in a way that he could never duplicate on his own. Never!

Ronnie James Dio …...R.I.P.
      I agree with this comment, outside of Rainbow, Ronnie was best with Sabbath, The Devil You Know was proof of that.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well, I wish he'd do something with somebody, for fuck's sake. I swear I remember Iommi talking about an upcoming solo album back in 2018. Was that a load of fake news or did he just forget about it and nobody said anything out of politeness?

Comment

Working...
        X