X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iommi: "If Ronnie was alive, I’d probably be doing something with him now.”

Great interview with the Iron Man himself:

​​​​​​https://chaospin.com/tony-iommi-inte...bbath-concert/

Goes to show how stimulating the reborn H&H and that era was them after being a greatest hits jukebox for the last decade. I doubt we'd have '13' without 'TDYK'.

Also mentions the possibility of one-off Sabbath shows among plethora of other stuff:

“I think that it would be good if we could do that. The hard thing is, certainly with the band, because it’s such a big thing, you can’t just do an occasional show, because of the crew, and you have the whole setup. It would have to be a year or an 18-month tour… I’m not opposed to doing anything; I just would do it in a different way.”
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

In my opinion, I think that Ronnie would have finally put the Dio band to rest to continue with Heaven & Hell.

Privately, I think he knew Iommi, Butler, and Appice brought the best out of him in a way that he could never duplicate on his own. Never!

Ronnie James Dio …...R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
      In my opinion, I think that Ronnie would have finally put the Dio band to rest to continue with Heaven & Hell.

Privately, I think he knew Iommi, Butler, and Appice brought the best out of him in a way that he could never duplicate on his own. Never!

Ronnie James Dio …...R.I.P.
      I agree with this comment, outside of Rainbow, Ronnie was best with Sabbath, The Devil You Know was proof of that.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well, I wish he'd do something with somebody, for fuck's sake. I swear I remember Iommi talking about an upcoming solo album back in 2018. Was that a load of fake news or did he just forget about it and nobody said anything out of politeness?

Comment

You can tell that Tony and Geezer just love writing, Recording, performing live with him. He was so different than Ozzy, it would be awesome if the year 2021 those guys including Vinny could find a singer to have that chemistry with again. Put Black Sabbath to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
            You can tell that Tony and Geezer just love writing, Recording, performing live with him. He was so different than Ozzy, it would be awesome if the year 2021 those guys including Vinny could find a singer to have that chemistry with again. Put Black Sabbath to bed.
            Hi Sellingmysoul, hope you've been well through this pandemic, I always felt Vinny was a bona fide Sabbath drummer, I like Vinny and his drumming and always felt and still feel they should've used him on 13 and other Sabbath albums, I've also said his drumming on the first 3 Dio albums are reminiscent of Bill Ward's drumming.

What new singer do you think would fit?
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Hi Sellingmysoul, hope you've been well through this pandemic, I always felt Vinny was a bona fide Sabbath drummer, I like Vinny and his drumming and always felt and still feel they should've used him on 13 and other Sabbath albums, I've also said his drumming on the first 3 Dio albums are reminiscent of Bill Ward's drumming.

What new singer do you think would fit?
              HI OID, Things are going very well, hope they are the same for you my friend. I have learned to like Vinny more over the years as I just never could put him in the same category as Bill but the guy can play drums no doubt. Would love to see Bill do something with those guys but ego's get in the way. As far as a singer I could see Tony get involved with Glenn Hughes or even Phil Anselmo for a album.

Comment

HI OID, Things are going very well, hope they are the same for you my friend. I have learned to like Vinny more over the years as I just never could put him in the same category as Bill but the guy can play drums no doubt. Would love to see Bill do something with those guys but ego's get in the way. As far as a singer I could see Tony get involved with Glenn Hughes or even Phil Anselmo for a album.
                Things are going good brother, glad to hear you are well.

I think I'd like to hear Phil do an album with Tony, I liked him in Pantera, that's a good call. Vinny on Mob Rules and Dio's first three albums was spectacular.

Comment

I personally have given up on the Forbidden Remix that Tony has been working on for years.

Comment

I personally have given up on the Forbidden Remix that Tony has been working on for years.
                    You know what Sellingmysoul? I really don’t care, he’s leading poor Tony Martin on, I like my Forbidden just the way it sounds.

Comment

You know what Sellingmysoul? I really don’t care, he’s leading poor Tony Martin on, I like my Forbidden just the way it sounds.
                      That's sad to see you out of character, OID. I recall you telling me to keep the faith once. I still believe the Forbidden remix will come out one day, and it's sad to see you seemingly have given up on it. I was gonna fanboy with you over it on release day, and still plan to do it once it releases. We gotta stay patient, even when it's tough. Good things come to those who wait!
                      ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                      and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post

That's sad to see you out of character, OID. I recall you telling me to keep the faith once. I still believe the Forbidden remix will come out one day, and it's sad to see you seemingly have given up on it. I was gonna fanboy with you over it on release day, and still plan to do it once it releases. We gotta stay patient, even when it's tough. Good things come to those who wait!
                        After awhile a person gets tired of waiting, Tony Martin was looking forward to recording new music with Iommi, he keeps letting the guy down. If it comes out I’ll get it, if not a got four copies to last me.

Comment

Things have been pretty quiet on the Sabbath camp for a while, at least we have got Ozzy's new album and Bill has finally released some songs lately. I would just love to see Geezer and Tony form another bad ass band with a creative drummer and a fresh voice. I know this Covid-19 screwed up alot of things for 2020 but I feel there are going to be songs wrote.

Comment

Things have been pretty quiet on the Sabbath camp for a while, at least we have got Ozzy's new album and Bill has finally released some songs lately. I would just love to see Geezer and Tony form another bad ass band with a creative drummer and a fresh voice. I know this Covid-19 screwed up alot of things for 2020 but I feel there are going to be songs wrote.
                            Wouldn’t those songs be best written with Appice and Martin?

Comment

Wouldn’t those songs be best written with Appice and Martin?
                              Absolutely OID.

Comment

Working...
                              X