This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Black Sabbath t-shirt benefiting Black Lives Matter organization

Looks like the current incarnation of Black Sabbath wants to contribute to Black Lives Matter by selling an "exclusive" t-shirt utilizing the iconic Master Of Reality font. Good to see the guys doing their part for the cause.

It's important to give credit where it's due though. Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello was photographed with (I presume) a "homemade" shirt last week, and Geezer tagged him on Twitter praising it. That's likely where the idea came from.

Just ordered mine.

How about all lives matter or the men in Blue, like Blue lives matter, who protect your life, do they have those two shirts?

If not, I won’t spend a f@&king dime on that site.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      How about all lives matter or the men in Blue, like Blue lives matter, who protect your life, do they have those two shirts?

If not, I won’t spend a f@&king dime on that site.

No problem OID. You're entitled to that viewpoint, but obviously the band supports the movement and its cause.

Good on them for taking a stand, and if selling a t-shirt will help even just a little bit, they've done their part. I applaud them for it.

Comment

Can't blame Geezer for being an idiot, he has too great of a music career

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

No problem OID. You're entitled to that viewpoint, but obviously the band supports the movement and its cause.

Good on them for taking a stand, and if selling a t-shirt will help even just a little bit, they've done their part. I applaud them for it.
          Support what more crime and looting? How about they sell Blue lives matter or all lives matter. Bunch of bulkshit!
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I accidentally reported something I hit th the wrong button I was so agitated.

Comment

Support what more crime and looting? How about they sell Blue lives matter or all lives matter. Bunch of bulkshit!
              No OID. The band supports protesting against police brutality and injustice toward our brothers and sisters of color. That's what Black Lives Matter is all about.

Like I said, you're entitled to disagree if you want. However, they've earned their platform, and they're utilizing it to do what they feel is right on this issue. Good for them.

Last edited by A Sabbath Historian; 06-18-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                Can't blame Geezer for being an idiot, he has too great of a music career

No, Geezer is showing he cares about what's going on around him. Class act indeed.

Comment

It’s all communist leftist propaganda, bullshit, with a capital B!

Comment

Looks like the current incarnation of Black Sabbath wants to contribute to Black Lives Matter by selling an "exclusive" t-shirt utilizing the iconic Master Of Reality font. Good to see the guys doing their part for the cause.

It's important to give credit where it's due though. Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello was photographed with (I presume) a "homemade" shirt last week, and Geezer tagged him on Twitter praising it. That's likely where the idea came from.

Just ordered mine.

Geezer’s English, this is America, England’s been taken over a long time ago, that’s what the Antifa, the anarchists and communists and liberals are trying to do, they’re using this as an excuse, like they always do.

its not going to happen here, there will be a gun behind every blade of grass before that happens in America, trust me.

Comment

No, Geezer is showing he cares about what's going on around him. Class act indeed.
                      I'm sure his heart and your heart is pure, just both uneducated. BLM is the most racist organization out there. Horrible terrible people. if they did this by my home, family and business I would be going to jail

Blue lives matter is a organization of people with class! Again Geezer is being an idiot, not the first time, but he sure makes great music

Comment

I'm sure his heart and your heart is pure, just both uneducated. BLM is the most racist organization out there. Horrible terrible people. if they did this by my home,ety family and business I would be going to jail

Blue lives matter is a organization of people with class! Again Geezer is being an idiot, not the first time, but he sure makes great music
                        Agreed Ronn, you'll see how fast these liberals will change their mind if all the cops quit and let people fend for themselves, they are defunding the police forces around the nation, attacking police officers, police officers whose jobs are to protect you and put their lives on the line for public safety.

Bad move on Geezer's part getting involved in politics by sponsoring this garbage, all lives matter, yours, mine, everyone not just black, and not like this Floyd guy was a law abiding citizen either, and I don't think we're being told the whole story about that arrest, I do know the guy was high on fentanyl and other drugs in his system, on top of trying to pass off a counterfeit bill.

Comment

It’s all communist leftist propaganda, bullshit, with a capital B!
                          No OID, you just don't agree with it. Politics has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Geezer’s English, this is America, England’s been taken over a long time ago, that’s what the Antifa, the anarchists and communists and liberals are trying to do, they’re using this as an excuse, like they always do.

its not going to happen here, there will be a gun behind every blade of grass before that happens in America, trust me.
                            What does Geezer being British have to do with opposing police brutality and supporting the art of protest? That's why they're selling this t-shirt. No more and no less.

Comment

I'm sure his heart and your heart is pure, just both uneducated. BLM is the most racist organization out there. Horrible terrible people. if they did this by my home, family and business I would be going to jail

No ronn, I'm educated and informed on the issues as well. I'm sure Geezer is too. Remember, that "great music" of his also contains scathing social commentary that's still relevant today.

Back to the t-shirt, it'll be interesting to see how much money is raised for BLM. Regardless of how you personally feel about it, this is democracy at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X