This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

No OID, you just don't agree with it. Politics has nothing to do with it.
    Wrong ! It’s all about politics ! The extremist communism leftist organisiations is all behind BLM. Antifa and other terrorists. White people are also victims of cop brutality even more than black people according to statistics, but the corrupt leftist media aint writing about that so nobody cares.

Comment

Originally posted by architect View Post

Wrong ! It’s all about politics ! The extremist communism leftist organisiations is all behind BLM. Antifa and other terrorists. White people are also victims of cop brutality even more than black people according to statistics, but the corrupt leftist media aint writing about that so nobody cares.
      That’s what I said. people buy into this bullshit.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Geezer’s English, this is America, England’s been taken over a long time ago, that’s what the Antifa, the anarchists and communists and liberals are trying to do, they’re using this as an excuse, like they always do.
        Ah, OID, you and I have had some good exchanges of common musical interest on this forum, but as an English bloke, I have to tell you that you clearly have literally no idea what you're talking about here. You do know that Geezer has lived in the States for like thirty five years or something? And If you think England is overrun with antifascists, anarchists and communists, then you really need to read or watch some serious news sources, my friend... I can assure you that Britain is just as screwed by conservative big business interests as the USA.
        Last edited by MJD2013; 06-18-2020, 04:56 PM.
        Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

This is why we can't have nice things. People bring up their own personal political views and biases.

Comment

No ronn, I'm educated and informed on the issues as well. I'm sure Geezer is too. Remember, that "great music" of his also contains scathing social commentary that's still relevant today.

Back to the t-shirt, it'll be interesting to see how much money is raised for BLM. Regardless of how you personally feel about it, this is democracy at work.
            Historian , this is something Sabbath should have never attached their name with .... nothing good will come from it , and it has nothing to do with democracy .... Democracy only works when you have good level headed people involved ,, all you have to do is turn on a TV , and with half a brain it becomes abundantly obvious that good level headed people are not involved here.

As to Geezer's lyrics being relevant today , I entirely agree , but obviously from the total opposite viewpoint of yourself , that's what makes music great , you can interpret it however you want , because I assure you Geezer never wrote lyrics from an extreme left / dangerous point of view.

Take "War Pigs" as an example , it has with 100 percent certainty , without question Christian / Catholic overtones written all over it , start to finish , practically undeniable .... to make matters more obvious "Walpurgis" - The original "War Pigs" - The lyrics scream Christianity ,, the title itself is to "keep evil at bay" - that ONLY exist through Christ. .... Yet when YOU hear this track YOU don't hear it that way , and that's fair for you ,, that's my point.

Enjoy your shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by MJD2013 View Post

Ah, OID, you and I have had some good exchanges of common musical interest on this forum, but as an English bloke, I have to tell you that you clearly have literally no idea what you're talking about here. You do know that Geezer has lived in the States for like thirty five years or something? And If you think England is overrun with antifascists, anarchists and communists, then you really need to read or watch some serious news sources, my friend... I can assure you that Britain is just as screwed by conservative big business interests as the USA.
              I meant something else but won’t get into it here.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Historian , this is something Sabbath should have never attached their name with .... nothing good will come from it , and it has nothing to do with democracy .... Democracy only works when you have good level headed people involved ,, all you have to do is turn on a TV , and with half a brain it becomes abundantly obvious that good level headed people are not involved here.

As to Geezer's lyrics being relevant today , I entirely agree , but obviously from the total opposite viewpoint of yourself , that's what makes music great , you can interpret it however you want , because I assure you Geezer never wrote lyrics from an extreme left / dangerous point of view.

Take "War Pigs" as an example , it has with 100 percent certainty , without question Christian / Catholic overtones written all over it , start to finish , practically undeniable .... to make matters more obvious "Walpurgis" - The original "War Pigs" - The lyrics scream Christianity ,, the title itself is to "keep evil at bay" - that ONLY exist through Christ. .... Yet when YOU hear this track YOU don't hear it that way , and that's fair for you ,, that's my point.

Enjoy your shirt.
                Doc, I like your post and agree with you 100%

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Enjoy your shirt.
                  No BTE, I'd say that equality and justice have everything to do with democracy. As I said earlier, the guys earned their platform, and I applaud them for wanting to do their part.

It's abundantly clear to me they think silence on this issue is unacceptable in this day and age, and ultimately.... complicit.

By the way, thanks, I will "enjoy" this new Black Sabbath t-shirt. I'm sure many other fans will too, regardless of so-called "politics".

Comment

Originally posted by architect View Post

Wrong ! It’s all about politics ! The extremist communism leftist organization is all behind BLM. Antifa and other terrorists. White people are also victims of cop brutality even more than black people according to statistics, but the corrupt leftist media ain't writing about that so nobody cares.
                    I disagree architect with your assertion about BLM. However, you're also entitled to your viewpoint. Glad you chimed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dante_Doomsday View Post
                      This is why we can't have nice things. People bring up their own personal political views and biases.
                      I get your point Dante, however, there's always room for dialogue (pro and con) on such crucial issues as these (i.e. police brutality and injustice).

Obviously the band agrees, otherwise they wouldn't be selling the t-shirt. Good for them for wanting to do their part.

Comment

Wooah, I'm certainly "glad" I checked in on this topic. It's certainly "interesting" to see where fellow Black Sabbath fans' heads are at.
                        There is something important to be said

Comment

I get your point Dante, however, there's always room for dialogue (pro and con) on such crucial issues as these (i.e. police brutality and injustice).

Obviously the band agrees, otherwise they wouldn't be selling the t-shirt. Good for them for wanting to do their part.
                          I'm 100% with you and the band on this. Support justice and equality for everyone. Call out police brutality. It's just unfortunate and sad when I see/hear people who are against (or don't understand) what the BLM movement is all about.

Comment

I'm 100% with you and the band on this. Support justice and equality for everyone. Call out police brutality. It's just unfortunate and sad when I see/hear people who are against (or don't understand) what the BLM movement is all about.
                            I’m for equality too, I’m not saying Black lives don’t matter not in the least, I don’t have a racist bone in my body, some of my best friends are Black, it’s because of our forefathers that built this country that these protesters have their right to protest.

I’m a realist I see through reality and have lived it, this is all political, the politicians could care a less about BLM, they just want to get re-elected and live in their comfy mansions, which are being protected by the very Police they’re defunding and putting those officer’s lives at risk.

This country was built on freedom, the very freedom these politicians want to take from us.

Black Sabbath should not have gotten involved in this, I thought they were better than that, but then again I don’t incorporate a musician’s political view or their personal views with the music, I still love it and always will, for life and there after and eternity.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              I don’t have a racist bone in my body, some of my best friends are Black, it’s because of our forefathers that built this country that these protesters have their right to protest.

This country was built on freedom, the very freedom these politicians want to take from us.
                              You (and Ronn) have made it clear from your previous comments how you view the BLM movement and your thoughts about Black Sabbath getting involved selling this t-shirt. How people view life and reality are shaped by our political views and vice versa. We most likely have different political views, thus we see these things differently or tend to focus on one specific aspect instead of another or the whole issue.

For example, "defund the police" is not about getting rid of the police (which is what the media and social media is trying to get people to focus on) but about taking a portion of funds from the police department and giving it to other community services like education, healthcare, and housing. Basically, saying these local and state police don't need military-grade trucks, armor, and weapons (that's what the National Guard is for if things get out of hand) so let's fund these other services that are lacking which studies have shown help lower crime if they are improved. We'll still have a police department who will be paid, get pensions, and have their equipment to protect themselves and others. They just won't be funded like they are preparing to go into a warzone. This is my understanding of the "defund the police" slogan.

Also, and this is why I have your quotes above, never say "some of my best friends are black" after saying you're not racist. Even though it may be true for you, that is a very common phrase people use after being accused of saying something racist. And this country may have been born on the concept of freedom but it was built using slaves. I wouldn't exactly call that "built on freedom."

Comment

You (and Ronn) have made it clear from your previous comments how you view the BLM movement and your thoughts about Black Sabbath getting involved selling this t-shirt. How people view life and reality are shaped by our political views and vice versa. We most likely have different political views, thus we see these things differently or tend to focus on one specific aspect instead of another or the whole issue.

For example, "defund the police" is not about getting rid of the police (which is what the media and social media is trying to get people to focus on) but about taking a portion of funds from the police department and giving it to other community services like education, healthcare, and housing. Basically, saying these local and state police don't need military-grade trucks, armor, and weapons (that's what the National Guard is for if things get out of hand) so let's fund these other services that are lacking which studies have shown help lower crime if they are improved. We'll still have a police department who will be paid, get pensions, and have their equipment to protect themselves and others. They just won't be funded like they are preparing to go into a warzone. This is my understanding of the "defund the police" slogan.

Also, and this is why I have your quotes above, never say "some of my best friends are black" after saying you're not racist. Even though it may be true for you, that is a very common phrase people use after being accused of saying something racist. And this country may have been born on the concept of freedom but it was built using slaves. I wouldn't exactly call that "built on freedom."
                                My life is not shaped by political views, it is shaped through life long experiences.

I was born and raised in the Ironbound section of Newark "Downeck" as it is known by us Newarkers who are affectionate about the part of the big city we grew up in, back then the only White part of the city, where you could walk without getting mugged or robbed, as long as you didn't veer out of your neighborhood into the outskirts of the city.

I've been through real life experiences like getting jumped in school simply because of the color of my skin, nothing else, I got robbed at gun point at the age of 17 walking to my first real job out of High school, which was beyond the Downeck outskirts by a black guy, we had race riots every other week in my high school because because of these blacks and hispanics who were being bused in from other neighborhoods to our school, because they weren't used to being around White people, and their hatred of the "White Folk" as they put it, we fought back and maintained our neighborhoods and let them know they weren't welcomed with their thug lifestyles, every now and then we had to show them their place, for something they would start up, not us, we were and are peaceful abiding people, but you have to understand that force is met with force.

I don't let those things of the past affect me though, as I know there are good and bad in every race, Black, Yellow, Brown whatever you want to call them in the PC sense, and yes today some of my best friends are Black, hard working law abiding Blacks, who they themselves tell me that what was is going on is bullshit, all a conspiracy by the forces that be, I even know a Black guy who says Obama was full of shit and never did anything for his people, the working man.

You want to call me racist, I don't give a flying f&*k, I've been called worse, and no Black Sabbath or whoever in Black Sabbath came up with this or condoned this T-shirt cash grab, that's all it is a cash grab, made a big mistake, a big f%*king mistake, perhaps they should change their name from Black Sabbath to Afro-American Sabbath, as using the word Black has also been deemed racist and not politically correct by the liberals, the Dixie Chicks have done it and Lady Antebellum has done it.

I respect those who respect me, no matter what color their skin is, as I'm a good man, a God fearing man.

My question to you is whatch ya gonna do when Civil War II comes soon to a neighborhood near you?

I'll answer it for you, you're gonna wish those armored up cops and their police tanks come to protect you!

Like (Ronn) said, I'm putting his name in parenthesis as you did and I know why you did it, you're like the other sheeple in this world gone wrong, I'm going to protect mine, is what I'm gonna do brother!!!!

The bodies will be piled up so high you won't be able to see the sun rise or set!

Red, White and Blue baby!!! And I petition for President Donald Trump's Face to be blasted into Mt. Rushmore along with the other four Great leaders of our country, and I put my hand over my left side of my chest and sing The Star Spangled banner, with love and pride of America, the land of the brave and the free, the greatest song ever written by a great man named Francis Scott Key!

Perhaps Afro-American Sabbath can redeem themselves by doing a show and starting it off with The Star Spangled Banner!

God Bless America and God Bless President Donald J. Trump!!!!!!!! Making America Great Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X