Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shocked when I saw the news of Black Sabbath producing the Black Lives Matter T-shirt. As others have remarked there is nothing remotely in Black Sabbaths lyrics which have anything to do with BLM. When I tried to ask what the connection was on the BS Twitter page, the best anyone could do was quote a verse from War Pigs and not even attempt to communicate!

BLM founder remarked that if she could go back in time it would be to the foundation of the Black Panthers, one of whoms founders was Eldridge Cleaver the man who advocated raping white women as part of his liberation theology.

BLM are up to their eyeballs with The Ford Foundation, not to mention George Soros, who are both quite literally Nazi collaborators!

All of this without going into black on white murders, rapes muggings etc, all of which occur at hugely disproportionate rates to the opposite case.

Deep down I am sure Ozzy and Tony are both aware of this but decades of alcoholism and hard drug abuse in combination with the isolation from their roots that the rock and roll millionaire lifestyle engenders has quite literally warped their minds.

After loving BS since 1985 I have just sold and binned
    all Black Sabbath related material and now never want to be associated with anything to do with Black Sabbath ever again. As far as I’m concerned they have totally destroyed their brand and taken an enormous s**t on their fan base in favour of shameful leftist pandering.

They should have steered well clear but the fact is they all know which side their politically correct bread is buttered on. As though anyone of them would ever mention black on white murder, rape or crime - they would be crucified in the media.

In the last week 3 white men were murdered in a park in England by a brown man god knows how many whites have been murdered by blacks who n the aftermath of the George Floyd debacle. Black Sabbath couldn’t care less about any of that. How anyone can know these things yet continue to support them on the basis that they ‘like their music’ is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephBurley View Post
      all Black Sabbath related material and now never want to be associated with anything to do with Black Sabbath ever again
      So you joined the Black Sabbath Online forum to say that you never want to be associated with anything to do with Black Sabbath ever again?

Bye, then.

Follow mens' eyes, As they look to the skies, The shifting shafts of shining, Weave the fabric of their dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephBurley View Post
        I was shocked when I saw the news of Black Sabbath producing the Black Lives Matter T-shirt. As others have remarked there is nothing remotely in Black Sabbaths lyrics which have anything to do with BLM. When I tried to ask what the connection was on the BS Twitter page, the best anyone could do was quote a verse from War Pigs and not even attempt to communicate!

BLM founder remarked that if she could go back in time it would be to the foundation of the Black Panthers, one of whoms founders was Eldridge Cleaver the man who advocated raping white women as part of his liberation theology.

BLM are up to their eyeballs with The Ford Foundation, not to mention George Soros, who are both quite literally Nazi collaborators!

All of this without going into black on white murders, rapes muggings etc, all of which occur at hugely disproportionate rates to the opposite case.

Deep down I am sure Ozzy and Tony are both aware of this but decades of alcoholism and hard drug abuse in combination with the isolation from their roots that the rock and roll millionaire lifestyle engenders has quite literally warped their minds.

all Black Sabbath related material and now never want to be associated with anything to do with Black Sabbath ever again. As far as I’m concerned they have totally destroyed their brand and taken an enormous s**t on their fan base in favour of shameful leftist pandering.

They should have steered well clear but the fact is they all know which side their politically correct bread is buttered on. As though anyone of them would ever mention black on white murder, rape or crime - they would be crucified in the media.

In the last week 3 white men were murdered in a park in England by a brown man god knows how many whites have been murdered by blacks who n the aftermath of the George Floyd debacle. Black Sabbath couldn’t care less about any of that. How anyone can know these things yet continue to support them on the basis that they ‘like their music’ is beyond me.
        I love their music, but don’t support them on this, read my posts.

I tell these idiots, try walking through a Black neighborhood and see what happens if you’re White, unless you’re there buying drugs and know the dealer.

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

The notion that bands, any bands or any genre should keep their art and their politics separate, is quite frankly ridiculous. The very fact that bands are made up by a bunch of (hopefully) thinking and empathetic humans means that their art is informed by their views. As much as some may want bands simply to entertain and be escapist is simply not realistic. Sorry, if that bothers some.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...l-deal-with-it

https://theconversation.com/explaine...vy-metal-87999

The fact that Black Sabbath appear to be on board with the “Black Lives Matters” campaign says to me that they have some empathy with the cause. And that they fully recognise that their name has ‘Black’ as part of it and could lend a slightly humourous take to a serious cause.

The notion that this is a cash grab is kinda silly in so much as sales go to the cause. I realise this could go towards increased sales of other merch, but obviously not from some posters on here.

To be honest, it doesn’t surprise me that Sabbath are on board with this. It seems to me quite obvious that they have long put forward a humanist, empathetic stance. What does surprise me is the conservatism of some of their fans, but I guess I shouldn’t be…it takes all sort.
          There is something important to be said

Comment

Originally posted by brokentiny View Post
            The notion that bands, any bands or any genre should keep their art and their politics separate, is quite frankly ridiculous. The very fact that bands are made up by a bunch of (hopefully) thinking and empathetic humans means that their art is informed by their views. As much as some may want bands simply to entertain and be escapist is simply not realistic. Sorry, if that bothers some.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...l-deal-with-it

https://theconversation.com/explaine...vy-metal-87999

The fact that Black Sabbath appear to be on board with the “Black Lives Matters” campaign says to me that they have some empathy with the cause. And that they fully recognise that their name has ‘Black’ as part of it and could lend a slightly humourous take to a serious cause.

The notion that this is a cash grab is kinda silly in so much as sales go to the cause. I realise this could go towards increased sales of other merch, but obviously not from some posters on here.

To be honest, it doesn’t surprise me that Sabbath are on board with this. It seems to me quite obvious that they have long put forward a humanist, empathetic stance. What does surprise me is the conservatism of some of their fans, but I guess I shouldn’t be…it takes all sort.
            You're going to mention people call them by their name or should I say username.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

You're going to mention people call them by their name or should I say username.
              I didn't mention people specifically, I was speaking more generally.
              There is something important to be said

Comment

Originally posted by brokentiny View Post

I didn't mention people specifically, I was speaking more generally.
                I see Broketiny.

Comment

Interestingly, the band also donated 10% of every product purchased on their site to the NAACP in George Floyd's name. To clarify, they did this two weeks before the t-shirt was offered apparently. Good to see them doing their part for the cause! 😎

Comment

My life is not shaped by political views, it is shaped through life long experiences.

I was born and raised in the Ironbound section of Newark "Downeck" as it is known by us Newarkers who are affectionate about the part of the big city we grew up in, back then the only White part of the city, where you could walk without getting mugged or robbed, as long as you didn't veer out of your neighborhood into the outskirts of the city.

I've been through real life experiences like getting jumped in school simply because of the color of my skin, nothing else, I got robbed at gun point at the age of 17 walking to my first real job out of High school, which was beyond the Downeck outskirts by a black guy, we had race riots every other week in my high school because because of these blacks and Hispanics who were being bused in from other neighborhoods to our school, because they weren't used to being around White people, and their hatred of the "White Folk" as they put it, we fought back and maintained our neighborhoods and let them know they weren't welcomed with their thug lifestyles, every now and then we had to show them their place, for something they would start up, not us, we were and are peaceful abiding people, but you have to understand that force is met with force.

I don't let those things of the past affect me though, as I know there are good and bad in every race, Black, Yellow, Brown whatever you want to call them in the PC sense, and yes today some of my best friends are Black, hard working law abiding Blacks, who they themselves tell me that what was is going on is bullshit, all a conspiracy by the forces that be, I even know a Black guy who says Obama was full of shit and never did anything for his people, the working man.

You want to call me racist, I don't give a flying f&*k, I've been called worse, and no Black Sabbath or whoever in Black Sabbath came up with this or condoned this T-shirt cash grab, that's all it is a cash grab, made a big mistake, a big f%*king mistake, perhaps they should change their name from Black Sabbath to Afro-American Sabbath, as using the word Black has also been deemed racist and not politically correct by the liberals, the Dixie Chicks have done it and Lady Antebellum has done it.

I respect those who respect me, no matter what color their skin is, as I'm a good man, a God fearing man.

My question to you is what ya gonna do when Civil War II comes soon to a neighborhood near you?

I'll answer it for you, you're gonna wish those armored up cops and their police tanks come to protect you!

Like (Ronn) said, I'm putting his name in parenthesis as you did and I know why you did it, you're like the other sheeple in this world gone wrong, I'm going to protect mine, is what I'm gonna do brother!!!!

The bodies will be piled up so high you won't be able to see the sun rise or set!

Red, White and Blue baby!!! And I petition for President Donald Trump's Face to be blasted into Mt. Rushmore along with the other four Great leaders of our country, and I put my hand over my left side of my chest and sing The Star Spangled banner, with love and pride of America, the land of the brave and the free, the greatest song ever written by a great man named Francis Scott Key!

Perhaps Afro-American Sabbath can redeem themselves by doing a show and starting it off with The Star Spangled Banner!

God Bless America and God Bless President Donald J. Trump!!!!!!!! Making America Great Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly OID, this post clearly displays why you remain so angry toward our brothers and sisters of color.

Let's be clear: you weren't "robbed at gunpoint" because the perpetrator was black. You were robbed at gunpoint because he was an asshole with a gun, and he/she easily could've been white. Yes, even in your neighborhood.

Also, your comment about wanting to show black people "their place" clearly indicates you just didn't want to be around them, plain and simple.

It's for these reasons why this kind of dialogue is so important, so we can get to the real problem: FEAR.

By the way, why is it a "mistake" for the band to sell this t-shirt? Because you personally don't agree with it? For all intents and purposes, they're not even active at the moment. It won't "hurt" them one bit.

I will say this OID: despite the fact how much I strongly disagree with you on this, at least you came clean and admitted why you feel this way. It speaks volumes about your opinion on this issue.

Respect. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                      Interestingly, the band also donated 10% of every product purchased on their site to the NAACP in George Floyd's name. To clarify, they did this two weeks before the t-shirt was offered apparently. Good to see them doing their part for the cause! 😎

Do you in anyway believe that to be a positive thing Historian .... The enemy is so strong , that we "as people" , hear our fair share of well-meaning , but hilariously offensive things from some otherwise really nice men and women. People are people. The more afraid they get , the more stupid they get. Fear shrinks the brain. "FEAR" is "false evidence appearing real" , the enemy tricks people in believing something so obviously "demonic" , "corrupt" and "wrong" is somehow correct .... and people can't see past themselves to know what is right even when it stares them directly in the face ..... Sabbath as people blew it , but it's not necessarily their fault , the enemy is strong even when commonsense is so blatantly weak.

You should drop this subject and let it rest , it is very clear that many here entirely disagree with this "movement" and for very good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Do you in anyway believe that to be a positive thing Historian .... The enemy is so strong , that we "as people" , hear our fair share of well-meaning , but hilariously offensive things from some otherwise really nice men and women. People are people. The more afraid they get , the more stupid they get. Fear shrinks the brain. "FEAR" is "false evidence appearing real" , the enemy tricks people in believing something so obviously "demonic" , "corrupt" and "wrong" is somehow correct .... and people can't see past themselves to know what is right even when it stares them directly in the face ..... Sabbath as people blew it , but it's not necessarily their fault , the enemy is strong even when commonsense is so blatantly weak.

You should drop this subject and let it rest , it is very clear that many here entirely disagree with this "movement" and for very good reason.

No BTE. as long as the shirt is available for purchase (on the band's site no less), it's absolutely fair game to discuss it, period. Regardless if you approve or not.

The notion that the band should "fear" BLM is absurd. I seriously doubt they're losing sleep because you think they "blew it". All I can say is, I'm sorry you feel that way. 😑

Comment

Sadly OID, this post clearly displays why you remain so angry toward our brothers and sisters of color.

Let's be clear: you weren't "robbed at gunpoint" because the perpetrator was black. You were robbed at gunpoint because he was an asshole with a gun, and he/she easily could've been white. Yes, even in your neighborhood.

Also, your comment about wanting to show black people "their place" clearly indicates you just didn't want to be around them, plain and simple.

It's for these reasons why this kind of dialogue is so important, so we can get to the real problem: FEAR.

By the way, why is it a "mistake" for the band to sell this t-shirt? Because you personally don't agree with it? For all intents and purposes, they're not even active at the moment. It won't "hurt" them one bit.

I will say this OID: despite the fact how much I strongly disagree with you on this, at least you came clean and admitted why you feel this way. It speaks volumes about your opinion on this issue.

Respect. 😎

its sad you think like this you live in a fantasy world, I live in reality and see things for what they are.

I know for a fact that if I walk into a black neighborhood, I’ll be robbed or attacked simply because I’m white.

Do you live in a lily white neighborhood? Where you don’t have to experience this types of attacks on white folks?

Yeah we put them in their place because they didn’t belong in our small section of Newark, we’d chase them out from time to time when they tried intruding in our space, we didn't want that garbage gangsta lifestyle shit and bringing their drug to our neighborhood, we literally chase the out on foot with baseball bats. I had to bust a couple of heads myself, and let me tell blacks have some hard heeds, but weak knees so we’d go for the knees instead. We stood our ground and kept them out.

it was fun back in those days. We kept our neighborhoods clean.

I remember the day when they wouldn’t step foot in our neighborhood because they where to damn scared that they’d be caught and tied to a Fire hydrate and have the living shit beat out of them.

Now there is no respect so they wander every where In in my old city and rob people, because demographics have changed.

Now they have more Mexicans down there than anything else, that leech off the system, now my beloved Downeck is a cesspool, not the one I grew up in. Where the majority, was Portuguese, Italian , Irish and Polish.

So yes I’m proud of who I am.

I fought the fight and survived.

you Sab historian are in the wrong, you'll find out soon enough.
                          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 07-09-2020, 09:26 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

its sad you think like this you live in a fantasy world, I live in reality and see things for what they are.

I know for a fact that if I walk into a black neighborhood, I’ll be robbed or attacked simply because I’m white.

Do you live in a lily white neighborhood? Where you don't&#8217 have to experience this types of attacks on white folks?

Yeah we put them in their place because they didn't ’t belong in our small section of Newark, we’d chase them out from time to time when they tried intruding in our space, we didn't want that garbage gangsta lifestyle shit and bringing their drug to our neighborhood, we literally chase the out on foot with baseball bats. I had to bust a couple of heads myself, and let me tell blacks have some hard heeds, but weak knees so we’d go for the knees instead. We stood our ground and kept them out.

it was fun back in those days. We kept our neighborhoods clean.

I remember the day when they wouldn't ’t step foot in our neighborhood because they where to damn scared that they’d be caught and tied to a Fire hydrate and have the living shit beat out of them.

Now there is no respect so they wander every where In in my old city and rob people, because demographics have changed.

Now they have more Mexicans down there than anything else, that leech off the system, now my beloved Downeck is a cesspool, not the one I grew up in. Where the majority, was Portuguese, Italian , Irish and Polish.

So yes I’m proud of who I am.

I fought the fight and survived.

you Sab historian are in the wrong, you'll find out soon enough.

Everything considered OID, the conspicuous fear and venom in your post above is the exact reason why the members of Black Sabbath produced the t-shirt in honor of Black Lives Matter.

Like I said, I applaud them for wanting to contribute from the enormous platform they earned. I'm sure it'll sell very well.

Comment

Everything considered OID, the conspicuous fear and venom in your post above is the exact reason why the members of Black Sabbath produced the t-shirt in honor of Black Lives Matter.

Like I said, I applaud them for wanting to contribute from the enormous platform they earned. I'm sure it'll sell very well.

You're full of bullshit as is the BLM, there is no venom in my words just the reality of things and about the fear, I'm not afraid of these thugs I've had to fight off three at a time sometimes when the riots insued in my school, I got cracked with a bad in the back of my head and still have the scar to prove it, when that happened I grabbed that negroe by his neck and pounded face first into the concrete till a few of his teeth came out, I have no fear, I don't know what that is.

And I'll do it allover again if the opportunity arises, and I'll enjoy it

If Black Sabbath had the balls to make a tshirt that read Blue Lives matter, would you buy one of those?

Comment

And for the record not once did us Whites start, it was always the black and Hispanics who start cause they hung in numbers and would jump one of us and that’s when all hell broke lose, because then we had to get our reinforcements together and do justice.

Never once we started it was always the colored.

Comment

Working...
                                X