Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaviest works by the riff master?

Hi, fellow Sabbath fans,

As a relatively new but devoted admirer of Tony Iommi's legacy, I'm on a personal mission for compiling the definitive collection of his heaviest riffs/songs.

Sabbath for me has always been about his work, so I'd like to pick your brain for listing his best works in terms of fat riffs.

Mind you; I don't want this to be yet another greatest hits of Sabbath list. So as much fun as the idea of writing a love song to weed, Sweet Leaf won't make it nor songs like Sabbra Cadabra. What I'm after is the type of heavy, dark, mean stuff one you can enjoy in Black Sabbath, War Pigs, Symptom of the Universe or the brutal bludgeoning towards the end of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

I'm mostly interested in songs that were recorded with the classic line-up, so let's say between 1970-1978, although I'm happy with any ideas you can throw me here.

So fire away and thank you in advance.

Heaviest riff of all time, intro to Into The Void.

Comment

Iron Man, Black Sabbath and Lord of this World
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Cornucopia from Vol. 4 comes to mind
        ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
        and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Maybe N.I.B.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid70 View Post
            Heaviest riff of all time, intro to Into The Void.
            .... and the greatest Black Sabbath song ever recorded! Great pick.

Comment

Working...
            X