Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iommi's incapable of ...Writing a bad song!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iommi's incapable of ...Writing a bad song!

I'd go as far to say that Sabbath in any form is equal to the Beatles in that they dont have bad songs only great ones and good ones!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I cant hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
    I'd go as far to say that Sabbath in any form is equal to the Beatles in that they dont have bad songs only great ones and good ones!
    They are much better than Beatles and Beatles made a lot of mediocre songs.

Comment

I'd go as far to say that Sabbath in any form is equal to the Beatles in that they don't have bad songs only great ones and good ones!
      I disagree Wicked. Both Sabbath and the The Beatles have their share of lame songs. No band or artist's catalog is impeccable. No one's.

However, I'll give a bonus point to The Beatles for not desecrating the band's name the way Iommi did with Sabbath in the 80s. That will always be unforgivable and unconscionable to me.

Still, I respect your enthusiasm and passion for Sabbath, especially since you saw the original lineup in their prime. Hard to follow that!

Comment

I must agree with ASH as far as Sabbath as concerned (I've never really been a Beatles fan so I won't comment regarding them) and re. no band/artist's catalog being impeccable. I also agree about Sabbath's name having been 'desecrated' in the 80's (and in my view into the 90's, off and on) but it's been debated in this Forum whether or to what extent Tony was responsible for that.

To be clear, I consider the Group's 80's output to be impeccable up to and including Born Again. Ditto their 90's output (which became more stopgap as the decade progressed) if the releases with Tony Martin are not included.

Ted
        Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

nice to see "respectable" disagreement ... something sorely lacking in today's politics and day day to life the BSF alumni having always been a respectable group and I appreciate that as im sure most of or all of you do salute!
          "Music is so sacred to me that I cant hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

nice to see "respectable" disagreement ... something sorely lacking in today's politics and day day to life the BSF alumni having always been a respectable group and I appreciate that as im sure most of or all of you do salute!
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
              I also agree about Sabbath's name having been 'desecrated' in the 80's (and in my view into the 90's, off and on) but it's been debated in this Forum whether or to what extent Tony was responsible for that.

To be clear, I consider the Group's 80's output to be impeccable up to and including Born Again. Ditto their 90's output (which became more stopgap as the decade progressed) if the releases with Tony Martin are not included.

Ted
              Sadly, yes, the desecration of the Sabbath name continued (as you stated, off and on...) into the 90s as well.

Comment

Wicked Cricket , Your music "base" , taste and knowledge are always a welcome addition to these forums ... many have come and gone , but the "Wicked one" remains ,, I remember my first day here back in 2012 as JESUS SAVES , you were part of the Underdog (miss you buddy) / Charger "attack" , yet you did it "best" .... I remember the post , as Damian was banning me , you had went with the 'flute player' - "If Jesus saves , He better save himself" good stuff.

As for The Beatles , they are for a undisputed fact the single most important , significant, successful movement in the world's history of music ,, and their catalog from top to bottom , all 13 UK releases , 13 US releases , every import and the double Past Masters are unequivocally impeccable , every track!

As The Beatles catalog remains the only catalog to hold the title of impeccable across the board ,, IOMMI'S 27 album , 311 track Sabbath career , will FOREVER remain out of reach , BEYOND impeccable , every track nothing short of a masterpiece ..... from 68 to 83 a legend was cemented , from 84 thro 2013 (and current day) Sabbath legitimized their name as "the greatest" band / artist to ever exist ........ "TRUMP" all comp ...... fact.

God Bless

Comment

I agree Wicked and Ozzy is equal to Elvis. I said something like this before, like Sabbath are greater than the Beatles and Ozzy is bigger than Elvis, I can't remember exactly.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post

They are much better than Beatles and Beatles made a lot of mediocre songs.
                    Kenny I always love your posts.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I think the best written and more technical Sabbath IommI wrote were the Dio albums, the guitar style seems more complex than the Ozzy era, but that’s not knocking the Ozzy era, because that’s where Sabbath started.

Not trying to start any Ozzy vs. Dio battles.
                      "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
                      ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                        Wicked Cricket , Your music "base" , taste and knowledge are always a welcome addition to these forums ... many have come and gone , but the "Wicked one" remains ,, I remember my first day here back in 2012 as JESUS SAVES , you were part of the Underdog (miss you buddy) / Charger "attack" , yet you did it "best" .... I remember the post , as Damian was banning me , you had went with the 'flute player' - "If Jesus saves , He better save himself" good stuff.

As for The Beatles , they are for a undisputed fact the single most important , significant, successful movement in the world's history of music ,, and their catalog from top to bottom , all 13 UK releases , 13 US releases , every import and the double Past Masters are unequivocally impeccable , every track!

As The Beatles catalog remains the only catalog to hold the title of impeccable across the board ,, IOMMI'S 27 album , 311 track Sabbath career , will FOREVER remain out of reach , BEYOND impeccable , every track nothing short of a masterpiece ..... from 68 to 83 a legend was cemented , from 84 thro 2013 (and current day) Sabbath legitimized their name as "the greatest" band / artist to ever exist ........ "TRUMP" all comp ...... fact.

God Bless
                        Thx BTE God Bless as well Tony thinks in orchestrational structures melodic majestic pieces I think he could write the most catchy POP stuff too if he wanted to
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

Kenny I always love your posts.
                          Brother OID , the only dilemma with Kenny's statement is that The Beatles are hands down the "greatest" band to ever exist , that's a fact .... and have never wrote anything less than a tremendous track .... doesn't mean you can't put Sabbath ahead of them ,, I DO ,, but their is nothing worse than seeing certain bands praised on these boards and then follow it with a statement like that about The Beatles.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Brother OID , the only dilemma with Kenny's statement is that The Beatles are hands down the "greatest" band to ever exist , that's a fact .... and have never wrote anything less than a tremendous track .... doesn't mean you can't put Sabbath ahead of them ,, I DO ,, but their is nothing worse than seeing certain bands praised on these boards and then follow it with a statement like that about The Beatles.
                            Im not saying that Beatles are bad, just that they have made a lot of mediocre songs (some great ones too). I must say that i think the Stones were better especially in the end of the 60s and the beginning of the 70s.

Comment

I agree with Back To Eden. The Beatles are the all time great for a reason. And there is no denying the greatness of Led Zeppelin. Black Sabbath is right there. We are lucky that Iommi kept the Sabbath name going in the late 80"s and early 90's. Lots of great music. For all of the it has to be Ozzy, open your mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X