Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iommi's incapable of ...Writing a bad song!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Brother OID , the only dilemma with Kenny's statement is that The Beatles are hands down the "greatest" band to ever exist , that's a fact .... and have never wrote anything less than a tremendous track .... doesn't mean you can't put Sabbath ahead of them ,, I DO ,, but their is nothing worse than seeing certain bands praised on these boards and then follow it with a statement like that about The Beatles.
    I understand what you’re saying Doc and agree with your statement, but to me Sabbath is the greatest band to ever exist and I love the Beatles, same way I love and think Ozzy is greater than Elvis, and Elvis to be honest I was never a fan of, like I was the Beatles.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-06-2021, 09:54 AM. Reason: Typo & Correction.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post

Im not saying that Beatles are bad, just that they have made a lot of mediocre songs (some great ones too). I must say that i think the Stones were better especially in the end of the 60s and the beginning of the 70s.
      I think the Beatles are the better band over the Stones, but Black Sabbath is better than them all!
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

The Beatles never used the level of distortion like Sabbath ever did, nor did they write lyrics the same style. In both ways, they are not comparable. If you talk about riifage and solos, then to me Tony is certainly above them, but then again, soloing the guitar almost to the extent of shredding was never the Beatles' thing either.
        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
        Premonition of a shattered world thats gonna die.
        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by black zeppelin View Post
          I agree with Back To Eden. The Beatles are the all time great for a reason. We are lucky that Iommi kept the Sabbath name going in the late 80"s and early 90's. Lots of great music. .
          I totally love and respect intelligence ... well said!!

Comment

People who keep using the word intelligence lack intelligence themselves and therefore try to portray that they themselves are intelligent when in reality they’re the opposite.

Its a form of putting others that don’t agree with them, a form of narcissism.
            "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
            ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Aww , if this ^^^ was meant for me , thank you ! And Black Zeppelin your intelligence remains , how could it not ? Everything you said was correct

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
                People who keep using the word intelligence lack intelligence themselves and therefore try to portray that they themselves are intelligent when in reality they’re the opposite.

Its a form of putting others that don’t agree with them, a form of narcissism.
                I agree with this.

Comment

Aww , if this ^^^ was meant for me , thank you ! And Black Zeppelin your intelligence remains , how could it not ? Everything you said was correct
                  If the shoe fits wear it.
                  "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
                  ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post

If the shoe fits wear it.
                    They don’t fit though they’re way too small, my feet are an example of my brain, so they’re way too friggin big for these shoes.... I got to get myself some new shoes! I’m almost as smart as Black Zeppelin ... You’re lucky though, you don’t have to worry about these types of things :-)

Comment

They don’t fit though they’re way too small, my feet are an example of my brain, so they’re way too friggin big for these shoes.... I got to get myself some new shoes! I’m almost as smart as Black Zeppelin ... You’re lucky though, you don’t have to worry about these types of things :-)
                      Narcissism at its best, I have nothing to prove or put people down as you do.

Carry on as I can care a less what you think or say.
                      ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Working...
                      X