Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinny Appice Interview

https://youtu.be/tkmn6XIx2vM

This interview rules, hearing about early in the Dio era of Sabbath.

Comment

Great interview, Vinny is a great guy and drummer, for me Sabbath only ever had two drummers, Bill and Vinny, I'll say it now and I'll say it always, they should've used Vinny on 13, at least he was Sabbath, I heard nothing special from Brad on 13, to this day when I play the album.

And to be even more honest I was never a Cozy Powell fan, except maybe in Rainbow.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        Great interview, Vinny is a great guy and drummer, for me Sabbath only ever had two drummers, Bill and Vinny, I'll say it now and I'll say it always, they should've used Vinny on 13, at least he was Sabbath, I heard nothing special from Brad on 13, to this day when I play the album.

And to be even more honest I was never a Cozy Powell fan, except maybe in Rainbow.
        I love your love for Vinny! His best live release with Sabbath is 81 Hammersmith. But his best drumming release of all time is hands-down Dehumanizer! One of the very best drumming albums by anybody ever.

Now where we disagree, Brad did fantastic on 13, very fluid loose playing, tremendous choice.

Eric is fantastic live and on both Seventh Star and The Eternal Idol , absolutely fantastic.

As for Cozy , One of the best things that ever happened for Tony Iommi And Black Sabbath , and tied Vinny for the second most recorded Black Sabbath albums with 3 .... And the guy was a drumming machine for both Sabbath and Rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

I love your love for Vinny! His best live release with Sabbath is 81 Hammersmith. But his best drumming release of all time is hands-down Dehumanizer! One of the very best drumming albums by anybody ever.

Now where we disagree, Brad did fantastic on 13, very fluid loose playing, tremendous choice.

Eric is fantastic live and on both Seventh Star and The Eternal Idol , absolutely fantastic.

As for Cozy , One of the best things that ever happened for Tony Iommi And Black Sabbath , and tied Vinny for the second most recorded Black Sabbath albums with 3 .... And the guy was a drumming machine for both Sabbath and Rainbow!
          Doc, Brad just doesn't do anything for me on 13 , sorry to disagree, another thing I disagree on is if Brad did 13,then he should've been the one touring with the band on the 13 Tour and The End Tour, and not Tommy, as much as I think he did a great job, Brad should've been the one behind the kit on 13 and The End, I think it was all politics him being Ozzy's drummer, that's why he was chosen, I sincerely think Vinny would've done a better job on 13 had he been allowed to use his creativity, which he wasn't allowed to do on The Devil You Know, from what I read, they laid the drumming tracks for him and basically just told him to drum, then it would've been a reunion of sorts, as he was already Black Sabbath's drummer, nothing against Brad. Cozy, I like him just doesn't move me like Vinny does, I mean look who he had for a teacher and mentor.

On the Rainbow albums Cozy, was the best.

Also agree on Eric Singer, fabulous!
          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-03-2021, 05:58 AM.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I think Brad would of done a good on tour with Sabbath. I am not a Tommy fan.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
              I think Brad would of done a good on tour with Sabbath. I am not a Tommy fan.
              I like Tommy Clufetos I think he did a good job on the Tour, I’m not knocking him or a hater of him like a lot of folks who are no longer with us were, I think Ozzy had a big part in Sabbath choosing Tommy, to Tour with Sabbath and, I think it was a case of whatever Ozzy “Sharon” said went. I’m sure if given the opportunity Brad would’ve done the Tours 13 and The End gladly, I mean we are talking about one of the greatest and biggest and the most influential band in the world, no other band comes close they invented Metal and everything else associated with it.

And I’m surely and most definitely not disagreeing with Doc, the man knows better than me, a whole lot better than me, he is a drummer himself, from the band Tribulation, he’s got a better ear than I when it comes to drumming and percussion.

I would have rather seen Vinny on tour with Sabbath, I always get the feeling Vinny doesn’t get the credit he is due not because the man can’t drum, but because of the division that many still have with the Ozzy vs. DIo thing, I never got that, because good music is good music, but in my heart Vinny deserved that spot, I believe because of the whole Dio vs. Ozzy thing he wasn’t given the spot, I mean he had finished the Heaven and Hell Tour, so I’m sure Sharon & Ozzy wouldn’t have Vinny be a part of 13 and The End tours and albums, that would be admitting there were other eras, which is not part of the official Black Sabbath website and what Ozzy and Sharon want Sabbath portrayed as and that is Ozzy/Sabbath only, no one else came after Never Say Die!

I’m almost sure if Cozy were alive at the time he wouldn’t have been given the spot.

Edit: the Vinny hate is not aimed at you Sellingmysoul, my good friend, but people who use to be here with us and have moved on both Earthly and exiled, just wanted to make sure you know I’m not pointing the finger at you Sellingmysoul, you have a right not to like Tommy, just like I was not a big fan of Cozy except for Rainbow.
              Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-03-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

No problem OID, I enjoy your posts and we don't alaways have to agree that's what these forums are good for. I think Cozy was excellent and I have turned in to a Vinny fan as years have gone by. It just stinks because I am a huge Bill Ward fan and just feel like Sabbath needs to do one show with the original 4 to put an end to it. But time is running out.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                  No problem OID, I enjoy your posts and we don't alaways have to agree that's what these forums are good for. I think Cozy was excellent and I have turned in to a Vinny fan as years have gone by. It just stinks because I am a huge Bill Ward fan and just feel like Sabbath needs to do one show with the original 4 to put an end to it. But time is running out.
                  I agree Sellingmysoul, I'm the biggest Bill Ward fan there is no one beats him, no one, not the greatest of drummers and percussionists or whatever other term there is, Bill is tops.

I would also like a show with the original four and perhaps an EP to really put things to rest, that's why I didn't go to The End shows, because Bill wasn't a part of it and I already had seen the 13 show without Bill, and couldn't get myself to call it The End without Bill, that's the only reason I didn't go to The End shows, because for me it's not The End, till Mr. Bill Ward says it The End!

I like Cozy, just that for me I hold certain members in high regards, and Bill Ward and Vinny Appice are two of them.

Comment

Thats interestiny
                    karinabrush

Comment

Working...
                    X