Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer Butler fired by Bill Ward?

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/blac...geezer-butler/

Interesting, so Bill was going around firing everyone, lol, but why Geezer? It doesn't say in the article.

Edit: Great article Sellingmysoul.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 03-07-2021, 07:42 AM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Thanks for the link. You learn something new every day; that's another bizarre twist during what was of course a very tumultuous time for the Group. It would be interesting to ask Bill now what his reasoning was for 'firing' Geezer back then.

Ted
      Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

I had never heard about this before.

Comment

What year do we think it happened?

Comment

Weird. Says Bill fired Geezer without telling Tony nor Ozzy. Looks like we have missed a lot of stuff in-between.
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Thats great
              partrescue

Comment

they always used Bill to do the firing it looks like ...
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

I think Bill was off his rocker back then, lol, Tony knew nothing about it according to the article.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

It’s funny Bill was the person firing people . But as OID said I think he was off his rocker back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy Chevy View Post
                      What year do we think it happened?
                      From my reading it looks like 1979, before Ozzy "left".

“In fact, before Ozzy, he (Bill) told me (Geezer) that I was fired. When I was back in England, he came round to the house one day. He says, ‘We’ve had a meeting with the rest of the guys, and you’re fired..."

I added the attributions in parentheses.

First I have ever heard of this too. Maybe Bill was practicing for Ozzy
                      Sadness felled the supernaut....

Comment

Thanks Wolf, but do we know what punishment Bill got from Tony over this?

Comment

Working...
                        X