No announcement yet.

Never Say Die vs Heaven and Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that Never Say Die is better than Heaven and Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
      I have to say that Never Say Die is better than Heaven and Hell.
      And Heaven and Hell is the best of the Dio era, my favorite Dio era album.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        And Heaven and Hell is the best of the Dio era, my favorite Dio era album.
        Mob Rules is my Dio era favorite.The songs and the sound is just great.
        Last edited by Kennyz; 07-28-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsimisde View Post
          They are two different and uncomparable albums so the choice depends on what do you prefer.

Never Say Die is a great album but it is different from the previous Sabbath's stuff. Its not heavy and thunderous like the pre Technical Ecstasy stuff. Its is just generic 70's rock and if i didnt knew that this album is a Black Sabbath album, i wouldnt believe it. However, is a great album with great stuff and if you hear it with an open mind, you will enjoy it.

Heaven and hell from the other hand, is the resurrection of the band. The heavy, thunderous and bursting character of the band until the Sabotage album, is back. We have a more targeted and formulaic sound and an album full of energy and speed. This album, was a Major turning point in Sabbath's career and began a formula that was used in every Sabbath album after. The rhythm pattern of the Heaven and Hell song, is used in the song Holy Diver and on the song Headless Cross. You can understand how influential this album was.

I like both of the albums but my pick is Heaven and Hell because it began the evolution of the band sound and style and also opened the path for a different music style.
          spot on! my thoughts exactly...
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
            Mob Rules is my Dio era favorite.The songs and the sound is just great.
            Another great Dio/Sabbath album with Falling Off The Edge Of The World being one of the best Sabbath songs outside the Ozzy era. (YoY)!!!
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Objectively, H&H is the better album. Personally, I prefer NSD.

Comment

I like NSD! better...it's songs resonate with me more in general than H&H...I like most of the music on H&H but the lyrics (for the most part) don't truly resonate with me the way Geezer's lyrics do.
                ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                  Objectively, H&H is the better album. Personally, I prefer NSD.
                  Objectively and personally, I give Heaven And Hell the nod. ...

Comment

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
                    I like NSD! better...it's songs resonate with me more in general than H&H...I like most of the music on H&H but the lyrics (for the most part) don't truly resonate with me the way Geezer's lyrics do.
                    H&H gets my vote, overall I consider it to be so much better than NSD. I agree about Geezer's lyrics being better than RJD's, although I think they both write some stellar lyrics.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
                      H&H gets my vote, overall I consider it to be so much better than NSD. I agree about Geezer's lyrics being better than RJD's, although I think they both write some stellar lyrics.

Ted
                      Fair point TS.

Comment

Itīs a close call,but i have to say that Never Say Die wins over H&H.

Comment

I'll take NSD over H&H.

It has a bit of everything, and songs like Shockwave still make the hairs on my arms and neck stand up when I hear them.

Heaven and Hell is a great album no doubt, but the 70s Sabbath albums have a magic about them none of the later ones do.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                            I'll take NSD over H&H.

It has a bit of everything, and songs like Shockwave still make the hairs on my arms and neck stand up when I hear them.

Heaven and Hell is a great album no doubt, but the 70s Sabbath albums have a magic about them none of the later ones do.

Amen..........

Comment

Working...
                            X