• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Say Die vs Heaven and Hell

Ozzy's last vs Dio's first?
    Who's is better?

Re: Never Say Die vs Heaven and Hell

Heaven And Hell, but NSD! IS very underrated as well.
    "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Heaven and Hell, no question, but they've released worse albums than NSD.
      -rar

Comment

Heaven and Hell,but NSD is still very good.

Comment

Never Say Die! without a doubt. By the way, i gave the single vote for it.

Comment

H&H but NSD is great !

Comment

Originally Posted By: ComputerGod Heaven and Hell,but NSD is still very good.
              BOOO!!!

Comment

Originally Posted By: Renaissance
                Originally Posted By: ComputerGod Heaven and Hell,but NSD is still very good.
                BOOO!!!
                I agree with most posters before. Heaven and Hell is better, but I have a soft spot for Never Say Die!. Very polished sound on good songs- pretty consistent effort.

You'll probably need to explain your "BOOO!!!".

Comment

I love NSD so much, this is an easy vote for me. NSD!

Comment

Originally Posted By: 62_SG I love NSD so much, this is an easy vote for me. NSD!
                    I'm not sure... have you ever heard H&H?

It's H&H for me. It's the second best Sabbath album (IMO) and a source of four (!) timeless classic Sabbath songs (fact). Only Paranoid rivals it as the classic Sabbath album.

NSD is a rather interesting - but sloppy and inconsistent - experimental album. "Had its moments" is the best description most people would find for NSD, and thankfully the band did not continue this direction, as it would have been a steep downward spiral to oblivion.

Before someone tries to pull that "Rover hates Ozzy" card again, I would have said what I said above no matter who would have been the singer on NSD. Fucking period.
                    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Who cares? Each mind has its own sentence and there's no need to give excuses for what one think.

I think Never Say Die! is the best Black Sabbath album (not the most important) and i'm walking crapping for those who do not agreee with me.

And anyways, i love ALL ERAS of Black Sabbath and pointing out the weaker moments doesn't make me more or less fan than everybdy else. Heavan And Hell is a must have! One of the greatest albums in the history of heavy metal.

Cheers and VIVA BLACK SABBATH FOREVA'!

Comment

I like Never Say Die...but I love Heaven and Hell-the best Sabbath album!!!

Comment

I like Never Say Die...but I love Heaven and Hell-the best Sabbath album!!!

Comment

If you have to compare apples to oranges, then I think H & H overall is a better record. Wishing Well really bites. The same can be said for Air Dance and Swinging the Chain. I think Junior's Eyes has such an amazing bass line and very melodic chorus. Johnny Blade is such an amazing tune. Wouldn't all of us just have a coronary if we were ever to get our hands on lives of those two.

Comment

If you have to compare apples to oranges, then I think H & H overall is a better record. Wishing Well really bites. The same can be said for Air Dance and Swinging the Chain. I think Junior's Eyes has such an amazing bass line and very melodic chorus. Johnny Blade is such an amazing tune. Wouldn't all of us just have a coronary if we were ever to get our hands on lives of those two.

Comment

Working...
                              X