Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath vs. Forbidden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath vs. Forbidden

Along similar lines to NSD vs H&H, their first studio vs. their last studio. I wouldn't be surprised to see that people actually prefer Forbidden to the debut, but those who have traced my posts around the forum will know my position on this matter
    -rar

Re: Black Sabbath vs. Forbidden

Like I've stated in other threads before, I regard Black Sabbath, the debut album, very highly indeed and it is, on some days, my favourite Sabbath album. My opinions on the TM-era Sabbath catalogue are pretty infamously known over here by now. And this is a no-contest in my book, cos even among my much-disliked five Martin-era albums, 'Forbidden' to me, is joint-bottom of the heap alongside 'Headless Cross'.

But rar, your opening sentence is truly odd, confusing and I reckon carelessly misplaced. NSD vs H&H is surely not "their first studio vs their last studio". That actually describes your poll, i.e Black Sabbath vs Forbidden. I guess that's what you meant anyway.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Like I've stated in other threads before, I regard Black Sabbath, the debut album, very highly indeed and it is, on some days, my favourite Sabbath album. My opinions on the TM-era Sabbath catalogue are pretty infamously known over here by now. And this is a no-contest in my book, cos even among my much-disliked five Martin-era albums, 'Forbidden' to me, is joint-bottom of the heap alongside 'Headless Cross'.

But rar, your opening sentence is truly odd, confusing and I reckon carelessly misplaced. NSD vs H&H is surely not "their first studio vs their last studio". That actually describes your poll, i.e Black Sabbath vs Forbidden. I guess that's what you meant anyway.
      "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

Black Sabbath
        Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

The debut album was the start of it all (and the first Sabbath album I ever heard), but I "rarely" (read: never) listen to it now because of the voice.

I don't listen to Forbidden much either, though. It only has like four songs that I felt like listening to anyways. So, given this choice, I choose Forbidden but by a margin.
          "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

The debut album was the start of it all (and the first Sabbath album I ever heard), but I "rarely" (read: never) listen to it now because of the voice.

I don't listen to Forbidden much either, though. It only has like four songs that I felt like listening to anyways. So, given this choice, I choose Forbidden but by a margin.
            "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Forbidden but not by much !

Ive been quoted !

Comment

Forbidden.

Comment

Forbidden.

Comment

No contest for me. Has to be Black Sabbath, and I tend to prefer the later stuff overall. I just don't listen to Forbidden much at all.

Comment

No contest for me. Has to be Black Sabbath, and I tend to prefer the later stuff overall. I just don't listen to Forbidden much at all.

Comment

Black Sabbath. The first heavy metal album and the best debut by any band ever!

Comment

Black Sabbath-the sound is raw and kick ass!

Comment

Black Sabbath-the sound is raw and kick ass!

Comment

For the moment: Forbidden.

Kiss of Death is one of the best sab songs Ever, and I mean EVER.
                              Though I love Black Sabbath

Comment

Working...
                              X