• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Born Again" Reunion? lol

What would you guys say to that?

I just would like to see what some of you would say if that happend

a

Black Sabbath "Born Again" Reunion with Ian? LOL

I personally would probally dig it and go and see it!

You?

I would love to see it happen. Realistically it never will. It would be cool to have them record a whole CD worth of tunes and tour. Ine thing I'll add, if it cost us Heaven and Hell to do this, than I say forget it.

The running thought is that H&H will produce the one CD and tour and that is it, then Ronnie will go off and make Magica !! & !!!, and Tony will go off to record with Glenn Hughes. I would actually prefer to hear more music like the Fused CD before a BA reunion.
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Yeah that would be an interesting turn of events. Ian is one of my favorite vocalists ever.
      So there's no denying any future collaborations with Sabbath & Ian would rule in my opinion.

I thought it was incredibly cool how Ian re-did Trashed on his Gillan's inn CD. It shows just how special that era was to Ian & his career.
      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by H&H View Post
        I would love to see it happen. Realistically it never will. It would be cool to have them record a whole CD worth of tunes and tour. Ine thing I'll add, if it cost us Heaven and Hell to do this, than I say forget it.

The running thought is that H&H will produce the one CD and tour and that is it, then Ronnie will go off and make Magica !! & !!!, and Tony will go off to record with Glenn Hughes. I would actually prefer to hear more music like the Fused CD before a BA reunion.
        I agree - tain't gonna happen.

Ian Gillan has said "I was the worst singer Sabbath ever had" - a statement I profoundly disagree with, but that's what he said.

Bill Ward will not appear on a Black Sabbath album without Ozzy.

Geezer Butler would have to flip a coin to see if he wanted the lineup to be called "Black Sabbath" or not.

Tony Iommi once said "I don't like some of the songs on that album, and the production was awful" (a sentiment shared by many, but not one I agree with).

I doubt if you'd get Geoff Nicholls in the same room with Iommi nowadays.

The only way I could see it happening would be if they agreed to re-cut the entire Born Again album (along with "The Fallen," and maybe a cover of "Smoke On The Water") with a different, big-name producer (Rick Rubin?), and put it out under a different name, with a different cover.
        He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

I just don't think the Sab / Ian colaboration worked IMO. I've never been inclined to go back to the Born Again record, it was a terribly produced and sounding record that's hard for me to listen to. I always thought that Born Again was Sab's worst record, including the Tony Martin era which I think were very good records, but not worthy of the Sabbath legacy, which I think starts and ends with the Ozzy and later Dio records. But I know others feel different, that's cool.
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

They coudl get together, call the new collaboration, "Born Again" and tour under that name. They'd play the old BA songs, in addition to the new songs they'd play from the new CD they put out.

the Castle remaster of Born Again (the only copy I've heard) sounds pretty good. Even after over a decade of listening, I think Ian's vocals were right on, a perfect match for Sabbath.

Comment

Even if they didnt do any new tunes or a new album....They could do like a re-run kind of deal of the Born Again 83 Tour? But I think it still would be kick ass if they did do another album together again....lol but it would be hard to do a "Black Sabbath : The Gillan Years" cd though hahahaha it would the be whole Born Again album on it lol

Comment

I guess that we might once again hear news of this reunion shortly... around or on April 1st!
                "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Nice one
                  http://www.last.fm/user/MusicFan91

Comment

A reunion will sadly never happen but if it would I would be there in a flash. Born Again is easily the best Sabbath album ever. Sabbath have never sounded so evil as on that album.
                    One thing that could happen is that Gillan guested on song or two at a gig somewhere and hopefully singing a song from the album and not Smoke.

I would love it if Iommi decided to release a live album from the tour but I guess that won't happen either. I know that the folks at Deep Purple Appreciation Society have been in contact with Sabbath about the possibility to release the radioshow of the Reading show but Iommi wasn't interested. That was a couple of years ago so maybe things can change in the future

It's a shame that the mighty Sabs don't have a DPAS because them we might get tons of live concerts from the 70s and 80s released officially

Comment

Well It would be cool if Gillan was a guest singer for one song at a Heaven and Hell concert and they played Trashed.
                      http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Gillan was a guest when he was in BS..! I'm a hugh fan of his, but not because of BORN AGAIN.
                        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                        R. Blackmore

Comment

The only way I would support this reunion is if the members got together with the sole intention of destroying every single copy of their album. As much as I love Black Sabbath, this album rates not only the worst for them, but one f the worst ones in my entire collection of music.

Epic fail.

Comment

Am I the only one, or at least among a very few, who likes Born Again?

I got it on LP when it first came out and played the damn thing to death.
                            He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

DioSword
                              No you're not the only one. I think it's THE best album ever with Sabbath

Comment

Working...
                              X