Born Again - Tour Rehearsals 2 CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born Again - Tour Rehearsals 2 CD

About a year ago I made a post about this in the forum and I think it's time to do it again.

In august 2008 I was contacted by a trader who had found my Gillan The Hero site and he wanted to trade me a copy of a bootleg in soundboard quality from the Born Again rehearsals. He claimed that it excisted and that he got it from a trader.
    Unfortunately he dissapeared after a few emails before we could set up the trade

If it excists needles to say it's the holy grail for all Born Again fans. Some ultra rare recordings do excist but sadly people seem to be hoarding them and don't want them to be shared with others so who knows... it might be out there somewhere.

This is the supposedly setlist. Mindblowing stuff if you ask me

CD1

Supertzar
    Children Of The Grave
    Never Say Die
    Fairies Wear Boots
    Hot Line
    War Pigs
    Children Of The Sea
    Sabbra Cadabra
    Born Again
    Stonehenge/Iron Man

CD2
    Zero The Hero
    Heaven & Hell/Guitar Solo
    Tomorrows Dream
    The Mob Rules
    Black Sabbath
    Symptom Of The Universe
    Trashed
    Smoke On The Water
    Paranoid

Eight of the tracks didn't make it to the tour and I want to hear them

Anyone heard anything?

I'd LOVE to own a copy of this and hope it will surface in circulation someday.

Comment

That would be an awesome find!

Comment

Couple Deep Purple collectors told me the first rehearsals of Ian after he joined DP were found.
        Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Back in my trading days, I remember coming across quite a few traders who claimed to have such awesome rarities no one had ever heard of on their lists. Many time, they suddenly disappeared as soon as you came to close to cut a deal aroung these with them. This, or they would send you something else completely ! This being said, I wouldn't hold my breath about this one, but who knows ?
          Last edited by Gardener; 08-05-2010, 01:49 AM.
          Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
          "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
            Couple Deep Purple collectors told me the first rehearsals of Ian after he joined DP were found.
            Wow, that would be a fantastic thing to hear..

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
            Back in my trading days, I remember coming across quite a few traders who claimed to have such awesome rarities no one had ever heard of on their lists. Many time, they suddenly disappeared as soon as you came to close to cut a deal aroung these with them. This, or they would send you something else completely ! This being said, I wouldn't hold my breath about this one, but who knows ?
            You're probably right but I keep my fingers crossed day and night that this is an excisting bootleg

Comment

This would be amazing as I actually like the way Gillan did the Ozzy era songs better than Dio and Martin. I love the 4 live shows I have of this linup (except for Bev Bevan). The only reason I am a little skeptical that this exists is that songs we know they played with Gillan aren't even on this list like Digital Bitch, Keep it Warm, Supernaut, Rock N' Roll Doctor, Disturbing The Priest & Neon Knights. That just seems list way too many songs that differ from the actual set list.

I do hope it exists though.
              Religion won't save me
              The damage is done
              The future has ended
              Before it's begun
              - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Gillan do mention in his biography that he sand Tomorrows Dream and Sympton of The Universe during his year with Sabbath. They never played them live so maybe he was refering to rehearsals?

Comment

Would be amazing to hear these rehearsals. One hell of a setlist!

Hearing any Black Sabbath rehearsals would be great. Especially the 2005 rehearsals. Considering that they supposedly did Back Street Kids, among other obscure-type songs.
                  If the magic comes between us
                  And we never meet again
                  Take a part of me away
                  'Cause maybe it's all above love
                  ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

I don't know if it is real, but if it say's in Gillans biograpghy that he played Tomorrow's Dream then i believe him, and besides i can imagine Gillan singing it, it would fit his voice, i think...
                    Last edited by Axeman77; 08-06-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
                      I don't know if it is real, but if it say's in Gillans biograpghy that he played Tomorrow's Dream then i believe him, and besides i can imagine Gillan singing it, it would fit his voice, i think...

Well anyone get it then , i just started picking up rehearsals and or sound checks Sabbath played a varity of songs during them !
                      The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

I hope you can buy this bootleg and you upload this to the internet.

Comment

That would be an awesome find. I have three live CD's with Gillan and the set list is nothing like that.
                          Robert McAfee

Comment

Any news?

Songs rehearsed for the tour, but never played live

"Trashed"
                            "Sabbra Cadabra"
                            "Evil Woman"
                            "Children of the Sea"
                            "Never Say Die"
                            "Symptom of the Universe"
                            "N.I.B."
                            "The Wizard"
                            "Tomorrow's Dream"

(from wikipedia)

Comment

I'd love to hear Evil Woman, sung by Gillan.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X