Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Born Again Vs. Bark at the Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Born Again of course. I can't wait for the remix Deluxe Expanded Edition. I really hope they do a good job and give us something worthwhile like a bonus live concert.

Comment

love both album, but Born Again is Black Sabbath album, masterpiece.

Born Again and this was not difficult choice for me...

Comment

In my opinion is a better album Bark at the Moon. In album Born Again i like Trashed , Disturbing the priest and Born Again. In BATM i liked all songs.
        I gave a voice to BATM.
        Sorry for my bad english-I'm polish
        Ozzy Osbourne-Mr.Crowley|Ozzy Osbourne-Paranoid|Ozzy Osbourne-Dreamer|Ozzy Osbourne-Secret loser

Comment

Bark at the Moon. There are some good songs on Born Again but not enough to call it a masterpiece . to me B.A. sounds so uneven. It has its ups and downs.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
            Bark at the Moon. There are some good songs on Born Again but not enough to call it a masterpiece . to me B.A. sounds so uneven. It has its ups and downs.
            Really? Born Again is uneven but this is not written about Bark At The Moon?

Side 1 of BATM is majestic and brilliant. The best vocals Ozzy's ever laid down, this side of the entire Sabotage and Ultimate Sin records, as well as some of his best lyrics.
            Side 2 of BATM is mostly putrid and just silly. Some of the worst vocals Ozzy's ever laid down, this side of Blizzard Of Ozz and Down To Earth.

The album fails from poor track listings. No matter which version you have, all the best songs are at the beginning of the album. The entire band and Ozzy are in top notch form, with the Ozzman even sounding like he is at the top of his game. There is even a level of diversity that is not present on the later albums, as well as his two previous where he was supposedly at his "best". Rather it is speed metal and glam metal in the title track and "Rock And Roll Rebel" respectively. Or with hard rock and Jazz-y ballads with "Now You See It" and "Your No Different" respectively. The latter finds Ozzy at his greatest in terms of lyrics and vocals, he almost comes across like a 'good' vocalist, and the lyrics are logical. The riffs on the aforementioned songs all are great, with their driving forceful rhythms and soulful room to breathe, you can find yourself lost within the atmosphere of them.

The album's first single, that being the title track, was quite possibly it's best ever, going on to become a staple of Ozzy's live performances, and arguably, his signature tune. Guitarist Jake E. Lee is in fine form throughout, also scoring high marks with the upbeat "Rock And Roll Rebel" and the elaborate "Now You See It". But by comparison, Ozzy, Bob Daisley and Tommy Aldridge's contributions take a serious nosedive into irritating musical clichés, especially on the monotonous blues of "Spiders", "Slow Down" and the unbearably cheesy lyrics of "Centre of Eternity", that kill th excellent music. At times, Ozzy still can't help but sound derivative of any song recorded during Sabbath's era with him, and besides the always present Sabbath similarities, he also alludes to early Motown artists on the chorus of the dreadful "So Tired."

All things considered, however, Bark At The Moon remains one of Ozzy's best solo all-around efforts.

Comment

This is silly, there is no contest or comparison worthy of mention accept the year of 1983 in common. Born again prevails on so many fronts and levels I don't have time to even list the top 10 reasons!

Comment

I agree totally with The Writ.....no contest....Born Again by a landslide...

Comment

Bark At The Moon!! No contest! I don't understand why anyone would try to put BORN AGAIN up against actual GOOD ALBUMS. It can't win. It's a "guilty pleasure" at best and barely that!!
                  "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

I don't get the point of doing any polls with solo Ozzy albums on this site. You could put Blizzard of Ozz against Forbidden and Forbidden would win in a landslide.

Comment

Excellent choice for album vs. album lol! Both are oustanding. I am a major Black Sabbath and Ozzy fan. I cant' decide. They are both sooooooo good!

Comment

Born Again. Only tracks that I'm not that really into are Keep It Warm and Hot Line. On the other hand the only tracks that I can really get into from BATM are the title track, Rock n Roll Rebel, and Centre of Eternity.

As an aside, when I used to dj at the community college back home every time I played the song "Born Again" I always got either someone to call in and ask who that was or someone stop in the studio and ask who it was because they liked the song.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
                          Bark At The Moon!! No contest! I don't understand why anyone would try to put BORN AGAIN up against actual GOOD ALBUMS. It can't win. It's a "guilty pleasure" at best and barely that!!
                          And that's why BA is winning over BATM by almost 3 to 1 right now.

Ted

Comment

BATM. I like both albums quite a bit, but Bark little bit more.

Comment

Born Again . A cult album now .

Comment

I like 'em both of course, but I'm going to go with BATM.

Comment

Working...
                                X