Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born Again

hi

i'm new here can someone help? i've just been getting into Sabbath over the last year or so getting all the new deluxe versions of the cds. can anyone tell me why Born Again hasn't been issued yet?

thanks

lukemiles

It will be, not now, but eventually. You have the Castle Rock remaster made in 1997 but I don't know how easy will be to find a good new print for you there where you live. Ozzy and Dio's cds were remastered and re-released.

Glenn Hughes's Seventh Star and Tony Martin's Eternal Idol were remastered and re-released as well.

Eventually, Born Again will get it's turn so there is nothing left to do but wait.
    Can't you see what I see
    You and I victims of Their word
    As the master of power
    Try to poison our world
    ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

thanks

lukemiles

Comment

The reason why it is taking so much time is that it will get a full remaster, due to the critizised original mix.
        "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
        -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
        - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
        http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

I am so stoked knowing this will be remasterd. I love the original, but am excited about hearing Joe talk about it being more than just the orignal release with the Fallen added in. This to me is some of the most exciting news on Sabbath releases since TDYK.
          "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

I absolutely love Born Again. I saw them on the BA tour...ah, good times, good times. Can't wait for the remaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Josef_K View Post
              The reason why it is taking so much time is that it will get a full remaster, due to the critizised original mix.
              My understanding is that it will be a full remix and remaster, as opposed to just a remaster - and that is why it would be a potentially bigger job to get it ready for release.
              I don't need wings to reach the sky
              And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
              ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Yeah it would be great, to be honest i'm not a big fan of 'the Fallen' but defintley think theres alot more songs out there ready to undercovered

Comment

A full remix... That would be AWE. I love Born Again the way it is, even the cover, but its always cool to have another "version" of our favorite songs, right?
                  Can't you see what I see
                  You and I victims of Their word
                  As the master of power
                  Try to poison our world
                  ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
                    My understanding is that it will be a full remix and remaster, as opposed to just a remaster - and that is why it would be a potentially bigger job to get it ready for release.
                    Yes you are right, I got the terms wrong haha. All the other albums were remastered. This gets a full remix and remaster.
                    "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                    -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                    - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                    http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

really cant wait for this if its ever gonna happen.. Born Again with a fresh new mix would be a dream come true (as long as they keep the spirit intact)
                      Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
                        Yes, you are correct. If I can remember correctly, I believe that in an interview last year, Iommi mentioned that he will apparently be taking care of the remixing and remastering personally.
                        If the magic comes between us
                        And we never meet again
                        Take a part of me away
                        'Cause maybe it's all above love
                        ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
                          Yes, you are correct. If I can remember correctly, I believe that in an interview last year, Iommi mentioned that he will apparently be taking care of the remixing and remastering personally.
                          Cool - I wonder if they will inculde the Demo Tracks (that have been folating around the bootleg market) as a bonus, they should include the old mix and the new mix. I actually like the f*cked up original mix - I think it makes Iommi sound heavier...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemiles
                            hi

i'm new here can someone help? i've just been getting into Sabbath over the last year or so getting all the new deluxe versions of the cds. can anyone tell me why Born Again hasn't been issued yet?

thanks

lukemiles
                            http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...18&postcount=5
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Something chilling just occurred to me. 1983 + 30 = 2013. Any chance Born Again is being held back until its 30th anniversary? Sure hope not.

Comment

Working...
                              X