This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention joe

In 1984(EDIT: Ive now realized it was late 83) I got called by a famous producer who asked me if I wanted to try out for Black Sabbath. They flew me out to LA (from jersey) I sang with the band(minus Ozzy) at SIR rehearsal studios. Hung out with the band for the day, got the gig and decided the next morning that I didn't want it.

I toured with TSO from 99-2003, and you can hear me on the Christmas Attic, the song "dream child". I was also the top commercial singer in America during the late 80's early 90's(army, navy, sprite..all that stuff).

AMA

EDIT: I have to get off for a few hours, so many questions, Ill come back and answer more. I have had a long music career(since 1965), and have tons of crazy experieces and would love to keep answering questions.

EDIT 2: Im back. Some people asked to verify who I am. Heres a pic of me.... http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6...1205at2227.jpg Heres my website, http://www.cerisano.com/ , you can see me on there to verify. Im sent this to the mods right now, or at least trying to. Reddit is going pretty slow for me at the moment.

EDIT 3: Im going to bed, its 1:30 here in jersey. Ill answer all the new questions when I wake up in the morning. Having a great time. Thanks everyone.
    So, this is bullshit, right?
    Ian and the boys were on tour?

While I am not Joe, the first thing questionable in my mind is this guy saying he was flown out in 1983 and "sang with the band (without Ozzy"...). Since Ozz hadn't been in the band since late '79 or early '80, he has an immediate credibility issue. Ozzy hadn't been in the band for several years at that point, 3 Dio era albums had come and gone and in September of 1983, Born Again hit the shelves. This guy doesn't sound legit to me.
    Last edited by IommiRules; 12-09-2010, 02:30 PM. Reason: Added the word "sound"
    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Of course he sang with the band without Ozzy... It was 1983 and Ozzy was long gone lol

Is just me or Bullshit detector is ringing?
      Can't you see what I see
      You and I victims of Their word
      As the master of power
      Try to poison our world
      ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Yeah this is bogus.
        http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I thought so. I smoked his ass anyway. He was on Reddit.

My post got deleted though.

Comment

You guys are funny. from joec

Why in the hell would I make something up like this? I don't give a shit if you believe it or not. With my resume I really don't have to make this up. It was my son who thought it would an interesting story to share on Reditt and talked me into posting since it's totally true. To bad guys who are so into Sabbath and pride yourself in knowing every little thing about this band.. that you're don't believe it. Bottom line it happened during the week of the 1984 LA Oylmpics. Do I care if you believe it? Nope. Have a great Christmas. joec

Comment

Complete and utter bullshit artist this guy is. He has multiple credibility issues and just the dates he uses alone make it not so. In the original post, you said late 1983 and now here you saying week of 1984 LA Olympics. Which by the way, were in summer of 1984. So late 1983 or summer 1984? Make up your mind buddy.
              Last edited by SabbathKing93; 12-09-2010, 04:21 PM.
              If the magic comes between us
              And we never meet again
              Take a part of me away
              'Cause maybe it's all above love
              ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by tigerv8 View Post
                Why in the hell would I make something up like this? I don't give a shit if you believe it or not. With my resume I really don't have to make this up. It was my son who thought it would an interesting story to share on Reditt and talked me into posting since it's totally true. To bad guys who are so into Sabbath and pride yourself in knowing every little thing about this band.. that you're don't believe it. Bottom line it happened during the week of the 1984 LA Oylmpics. Do I care if you believe it? Nope. Have a great Christmas. joec
                In 1984(EDIT: Ive now realized it was late 83) I got called by a famous producer who asked me if I wanted to try out for Black Sabbath.

Soooooooooooo, which is it there buddy? The week of the '84 Olympics OR (as you say in your edit) was it late 1983?

But you are right about one thing. We are people who are into Sabbath and between all of us, probably do know everything (or an overwhelming amount of everything) about the band. A while back, we had some guy claiming to be a musician who worked with the boys before they hit it big. Took about 5 minutes for the members here to sniff out his BS and send him packing. By your own words, you seem to have a lack of context of the band- and for somebody who says he doesn't care if he is believed- you seem pretty worked up and want to be believed. I think the points brought up by us as a group are legit, do you have any proof? Photos, hand written notes, a revoked contract, receipts from the trip... anything beside a tale that you were talked into by your son?
                The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Hey bro you want a pillow for your dream?
                  One day when your end is near
                  I'll be laughing at your fear
                  When you're gone there'll be no one
                  Who'll be fucking up my fun No one!

Comment

Well he's got a decent voice, albeit in a different genre.

Actually I'd rather hear this guy team up with Iommi than someone like Phil Anselmo, Tim Owens or Jorn any day of the week.

Just sayin'
                    I don't need wings to reach the sky
                    And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
                    ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

My bullshit detector is in the red zone, and that's not directed toward the OP.

In late 1983, Ian Gillan was still firmly in Black Sabbath and they were touring Europe and North America behind the Born Again album, and getting largely favourable reviews. They had support bands that were young, up-and-coming bands like Quiet Riot.

I didn't find out that Gillan left Sabbath until about the spring of 1984, when I read it in Kerrang!.

After that, the only singer I know they worked with was David Donato, though they auditioned Ron Keel and Kerrang! printed a very brief rumour that they were trying to recruit Phil Mogg.

After that the band basically broke up and the whole Fenholt/Hughes thing happened.
                      He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

I got asked that in email. I asked Geezer Butler about it, he said he doesn't remember, to ask Tony.

I know there was some odd stuff going on post Born Again (Ron Keel, Dave Donato), but other than the tryout with Jeff Fenholt in 85, I'm not aware of any other names during that period, beyond wild speculation.

No way could it have been "late 83", as Ian Gillan was still there, the Born Again tour didn't finish until Mar 4, 1984.
                        Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                        View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                          No way could it have been "late 83", as Ian Gillan was still there, the Born Again tour didn't finish until Mar 4, 1984.
                          Yes, not to mention that the album was selling so well and the tour had so many tickets sold that, according to Geoff Nicholls, they were ALREADY planning a second album with Ian Gillan. When HE left (not got the boot, which would explain an audition with this fellow) the band was took by surprise.

So, buddy, you are on the border line zone on my bullshit detector. That is a nice story to tell your kids to make them proud of you, but don't try to pull this things among real deal fans, because you know... We know shit :D
                          Can't you see what I see
                          You and I victims of Their word
                          As the master of power
                          Try to poison our world
                          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

my bullshit meter blew up
                            I CAN'T ACCEPT IT ANYMORE!!! RJD R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Rules View Post
                              Yes, not to mention that the album was selling so well and the tour had so many tickets sold that, according to Geoff Nicholls, they were ALREADY planning a second album with Ian Gillan. When HE left (not got the boot, which would explain an audition with this fellow) the band was took by surprise.

So, buddy, you are on the border line zone on my bullshit detector. That is a nice story to tell your kids to make them proud of you, but don't try to pull this things among real deal fans, because you know... We know shit :D
                              I can think only one word to say to this man through what you just said;

OWNED!

Comment

Working...
                              X