Joe Cerisano - Sabbath Audition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulie 88 View Post
    Hi. Bob Ezrin just talked to us directly. I can't express how frickin' cool that is. HUGE Ezrin fan here.
    Assuming it's him. I'm attempting to verify that it's really him. I've had imposters before.

If it is him, COOL!
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
      Assuming it's him. I'm attempting to verify that it's really him. I've had imposters before.

If it is him, COOL!
      Thank you for the attention to detail. My name (obviously) isn't really "IommiRules". My point being anyone can make a "name", pick Bob Ezrin, or Martin Birch or Donald F-ing Trump but on the Internet a name without verification means nothing. It still doesn't pass my smell test. Not that my opinion means anything to anyone but me... but it is still mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------EDIT----------------------------------------------------------------

Example #1) "All I knew was, I might get this wrong, was that Randy Roades, who was with Ozzie who was killed the previous summer in the plane crash." This is a direct quote from post #1 in this thread.

It may be geeky nitpicking on my part, but if Randy had been killed the previous summer (?), we are back to 1983. Randy died 03.19.1982. Nitpicky Pt 2 in this example would be calling March ANYWHERE in America, Summer. Also, to start a sentence off with "All I knew" and then to immediately say "I might get this wrong" doesn't exactly inspire trust and confidence.

Example #2) "I had just turned 30 years old and had been doing this professionally since I was 14 which had a lot to do with it too." Again, it may be nitpicky but Joe Cerisano was born in March 1951. In the summer of 1984, he would have been 33. I know, I'm an asshole. But the details of our lives are everything.

I'm not denying the pipes on this guy, he's connected and he's good. But... Thank you Joe for digging a little deeper.
      Last edited by IommiRules; 01-08-2011, 09:10 PM.
      The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
      The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
      As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
      We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
        Example #1) "All I knew was, I might get this wrong, was that Randy Roades, who was with Ozzie who was killed the previous summer in the plane crash." This is a direct quote from post #1 in this thread.

It may be geeky nitpicking on my part, but if Randy had been killed the previous summer (?), we are back to 1983. Randy died 03.19.1982. Nitpicky Pt 2 in this example would be calling March ANYWHERE in America, Summer. Also, to start a sentence off with "All I knew" and then to immediately say "I might get this wrong" doesn't exactly inspire trust and confidence.
        I feel obliged to provide a response, having corresponded with the guy a bit. I don't understand why we would need him to be an expert on Sabbath/related history? We are ardent fans of the band, there are many many people (including singers) who are not.

My interpretation is that this is simply Joe C highlighting how he was out of touch with the band's history even at the time he did the audition. He was aware vaguely of the accident and was worried about getting his facts wrong in front of the guys. That's how I read it, it's him giving insight to his personal thoughts at the time. He didn't go for this job as a 'fan', he was out of touch with Sabbath detail and he freely admits that.

Example #2) "I had just turned 30 years old and had been doing this professionally since I was 14 which had a lot to do with it too." Again, it may be nitpicky but Joe Cerisano was born in March 1951. In the summer of 1984, he would have been 33. I know, I'm an asshole. But the details of our lives are everything.
        So he's 59 now - to someone who's 59, I think 33 is 'just turned 30'.

Just talking to the guy, you soon realise he's a genuinely cool character, he's been there and done a lot of cool stuff and he's totally open about what he does or doesn't know in terms of detail. As you say above, the details of our lives are everything, and he is very open about details that matter to him.
        I don't need wings to reach the sky
        And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
        ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Joe, no response from Iommi or Geezer's field yet?
          Can't you see what I see
          You and I victims of Their word
          As the master of power
          Try to poison our world
          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
            I feel obliged to provide a response,

Just talking to the guy, you soon realise he's a genuinely cool character, he's been there and done a lot of cool stuff and he's totally open about what he does or doesn't know in terms of detail. As you say above, the details of our lives are everything, and he is very open about details that matter to him.
            Hey Totentanz,

I appreciate all the leg work you have put into this. I'm not doubting in any way his coolness as a person, your reliability, or Joe C's credentials. But between incorrect dates, a seemingly out of nowhere posting, and his angry, profanity laced responses to what were essentially valid questions from members, it seems perfectly valid to me that there was much skepticism. Especially given the 2nd childish post from him after he stated how he didn't care about what we thought. For me, this is not a typical response from someone who is comfortable with what they are relating.

By the very fact that we are all Black Sabbath savants (to differing degrees), hearing something "new" from 1983 or 1984 is bound to stir up our inner geek. I will wait until our Joe confirms that Bob Ezrin actually posted here. I may very well just be a flaming douche... if so, I apologize. But we all develop our own "smell test" to help us make determinations in life. Mine is still not satisfied on this issue, but not enough to where I would pursue it. It just seems "hinky", to steal a word from "The Fugitive."

Comment

Was the Bob Ezrin post valid?

Comment

6 Month bump

Hey Joe, were you ever able to verify the Bob Ezrin posting? Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

He certainly would have been a better choice than David Donato (who got as far as some demos and that picture session).

I can see Sabbath and Arden wanting this guy. It's a shame we didn't get an album with that line-up produced by Bob Ezrin.

Comment

Yep, it was him.

Hey Joe, were you ever able to verify the Bob Ezrin posting? Just curious. Thanks.
                    Sorry I'm so late in answering. Yes it was him. In fact, I just thanked him the other day, via email. Take care everyone. jc

Comment

Ehhhhh, wrong Joe. I mean Joe Siegler, someone independent. I thought, whoever you are, you didn't care what we believed. Until our webmaster confirms that it was in fact Bob Ezrin that wrote in, I will remain skeptical.

Comment

First of all I thought you were talkin' to me. Secondly I can appreicate that your still skeptical. You take care. Case closed.
                        jc

Comment

Working...
                        X