Born Again 2 CD Deluxe Edition Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born Again 2 CD Deluxe Edition Discussion

Finally-a legit link is now up at AmazonUK for the Born Again 2CD remaster from Sanctuary/Universal. It is due on May 30th. The date can change of course, but it's finally happening! What the content is exactly, is not on there just yet.

Here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21

Edit from Joe Siegler: There are two very important pieces of news that have come out since this original post. Please, before commenting read the whole thread. Specifically this post and this post.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM. Reason: Added bit about addtl info being available.

About bloody time too!

I'm surprised there's been no formal announcement.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
      About bloody time too!

I'm surprised there's been no formal announcement.
      It will happen at some point, but there are sometimes delays with these things and the date could easily change. The most positive thing is that there is a date and a listing so at least we know it's getting closer. I'm wondering if it will be:
      a.)the album remastered and the album newly mixed as Disc 2
      b.)the album remastered AND remixed as Disc 1 and the live show from Worcester as Disc 2
      c.)the album remastered and Disc 2 featuring some tracks newly mixed and rarities including just some live cuts
      or
      d.)who the hell knows?

Just seeing this thing will bring me joy as I love this album and all the memories it brings back.
      After that, I can only hope the rest of the IRS albums will follow, but for now, BORN AGAIN BABY!

Comment

This is great news, if only a vinyl version would be available...
        "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
        -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
        - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
        http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

Awesome. The Fallen to be released Thank You Mr Tony Iommi!!!!

Comment

I just preoredered mine. The cost is 13.03GBP but at checkout they charge you 10.99GBP. I was expecting a triple disk: 1) Remix 2) Unmixed Demos 3) Live concert of each song on the album but at least we are getting some good stuff. Can't wait for this. I hope they have good liner notes and a decent packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
              I just preoredered mine. The cost is 13.03GBP but at checkout they charge you 10.99GBP. I was expecting a triple disk: 1) Remix 2) Unmixed Demos 3) Live concert of each song on the album but at least we are getting some good stuff. Can't wait for this. I hope they have good liner notes and a decent packaging.
              I've known about this for a few months, the liner note booklet was run by me about a month ago to see what I thought of it - but I was asked not to say anything publicly about it. The track listing I was sent as "final" did not exactly match what is listed on Disc 2 at Amazon.

Due to that, I've immediately tonight put out my feelers as to what exactly is going on. Once I find out some info, bet your ass I'll pass it on.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...acksabbatho-21

The more exciting thing for me is that this now ends the remaster contract with Universal on the original Sabbath contract. The IRS/Tony Martin era is up next. Proper remasters of Headless Cross and all that? Sign me up!

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...e_edition.html

Said something about it, but there's not a lot to say until I get either a press release, or word from Iommi's people or record label people.
              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

From the news item on this site:

"Stonehenge is probably the 5 minute extended version that was a B side to some Born again album release (I forget what at the moment - Trashed, probably)."

I would think this is just the live intro preceding the Worcester show (disc 2).

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think Supertzar was the intro tape for the Born Again tour.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                    I could be wrong, but I think Supertzar was the intro tape for the Born Again tour.
                    You're correct, I was there and can confirm. Actually, me and Joe caught this tour in the same venue on the same day, but didn't know each other at the time!

And I can also confirm that Joe has very interesting details about this release, which hopefully can be shared soon. Feels like this has been a very long project that is finally coming to fruition!
                    Damian
                    Super Moderator
                    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

The Live tracks on disc 2 = Reading Festival 1983-08-27.

Comment

This is awesome! Can't wait for this!

And also what Joe has to say about it in more detail!

To me this one is probably the most interesting of all of the deluxe editions...even more than the Dio-era ones...Can't wait to hear the new mix!

Comment

Can't wait!
                          I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Thanks for the info, just pre-ordered mine!

Comment

Thanks for the link, chudbeagle. I'm also really looking forward to this, as it's the last BS deluxe release I'm planning on buying. I still need to get the Heaven and Hell deluxe edition as well and I'm not interested in the Dehumanizer deluxe CD.

Ted

Comment

Working...
                              X